Light cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
Has anyone ever left a light on for 24 hours during first week of flower? If so did the plant hermie on you? I'm hoping I made the mistake early enough for the plants to recover. What you think?

Yeah, that ^^

Worse than the odd interrupted light cycle is the persistent low level light leak, haha. It's pretty funny, what at first appears to be a totally dark room actually isn't. It usually takes my eyes about ten minutes of adjusting to the dark before I can detect the pin prick in the ducting or the wall that needs a bit of caulk.

It is interruption of the dark cycle that causes hermies, IMO. Leaving the light on for 24 hours disrupts the flowering hormone and causes delays in flowering or causes it to revert back to veg. However, what you actually did was to continue vegging for that week under your HPS--do not count this as flowering time when trying to figure out when to harvest--this last week was just more veg time and should cause you no problems other than an extra week in 12/12.

Latest posts

Back