Light cycles benifits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcam

Reaction score
I have read alot of people saying that they leave their lights on 24/7.

My question is: What are the benifits of leaveing my lights on 24 hours as I only have them on 18 hours at the moment, extra growth??

Thanks in advance..... Camcam

some people think that they will grow a lil faster but honestly a plant will only use 18 hours of light....

i've been using 24/7 in my veg cycles and it works.
haven't tried 18/6 cuz then i'd have to buy an extra timer.
but im cheap.
any arguments?

ishnish said:
i've been using 24/7 in my veg cycles and it works.
haven't tried 18/6 cuz then i'd have to buy an extra timer.
but im cheap.
any arguments?

What do you mean it works can you be more specific, in what way does it work, extra growth? how much extra? have you ever done 18/6 hour cycle and then done 24/7 and there has been a big differance?

Thanks...

I use 18/6 for veg as I don't believe the extra 6 hours of light causes extra growth. Many times before have I checked on the girls after the lights have just come on to see noticeable new growth in that 6-hour dark period. I think they use stored energy to grow during night periods.

camcam said:
I have read alot of people saying that they leave their lights on 24/7.

My question is: What are the benifits of leaveing my lights on 24 hours as I only have them on 18 hours at the moment, extra growth??

Thanks in advance..... Camcam

I "have" ran side by side group[s. What "I" determined, was that 24/0 produces shorter internodal distance. The actual growth rate, as counted by nodes, remains pretty much the same. But 18/6 will have longer interdodal distance. That tells me, that though "more heighth" may be apparent useing 18/6, it is only an illusion, created by the plant stretching for light during the dark cycle.
..THAT is 'my' experience...:)

Latest posts

Back