light different

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok I am sooooo close to buying a 1000 watt Ballast box in the next few days and want to know if buying a 1000 watt lite from homdepot is the same as a grow bulb from the internet.?

Flyinghigh said:
Ok I am sooooo close to buying a 1000 watt Ballast box in the next few days and want to know if buying a 1000 watt lite from homdepot is the same as a grow bulb from the internet.?
Some of the "newer" higher priced "grow" bulbs have an enhanced spectrum, or at least that is their "claim".
Personally, I buy all of my bulbs from an electrical supply warehouse and pay about 1/2 retail of the professed "grow bulbs".

Hick said:
Some of the "newer" higher priced "grow" bulbs have an enhanced spectrum, or at least that is their "claim".
Personally, I buy all of my bulbs from an electrical supply warehouse and pay about 1/2 retail of the professed "grow bulbs".

So buy a bulb from Homdepot won't work.
Ok I'll look around the net.
thanks

Flyinghigh said:
So buy a bulb from Home Depot won't work.
thanks
A few things you'll want to keep in mind when shopping for your lights are:

1. Make sure you get a remote ballast. You have to get that heat producer out of your grow area.

2. The spectrum of the light. The spectrum during flowering is different than what you'll need during the plants vegetative growth.

3. Don't use a lens cover unless it's clear and you have to have it to vent the light heat outside your grow area. Home Depot lights sometimes use a frosted lens to diffuse the light for human sight, not plant growth.

4. Use whatever size light will give you 5000 lumens per/sq ft. This is an amount of light that will give you fantastic growth and a great harvest.

5. Keep in mind the distance that your light will need to be from the top of the plant canopy. Your grow area limitations might make this very important later.

Thanks StoneyBud !! I will order 2 grow lites off Ebay and be done with it don't want any problems local stores.
I got 2 bids on different 1000 watt ballasts unit on Ebay and from HTGSlupplys and hopefully I can have them ship both at the same time, Other wise I will have to drop one and buy the other because of the shipping cost..

Flyinghigh said:
Thanks StoneyBud !! I will order 2 grow lites off Ebay and be done with it don't want any problems local stores.
I got 2 bids on different 1000 watt ballasts unit on Ebay and from HTGSlupplys and hopefully I can have them ship both at the same time, Other wise I will have to drop one and buy the other because of the shipping cost..
Good luck to you! Hey, don't drop those puppies! They break easy! :D

i had to return the agromax bulb 2 times - i did not have an extra so had to use a home depot special , and after i replaced the home depot bulb i got faster bud growth .

i just bought a lumz-n-bloom 1000 watt ballest(naked box) and a omnilume bulb 140000 lumens at2100k so the box says. not that boxes can talk :) ill just say man is that thing bright oh and it grows big buds too :hubba:

Flyinghigh said:
So buy a bulb from Homdepot won't work.
thanks

contrare.. flyin'... IMO/E it will work fine.($60-$70) If it is "as good" as a $200 one..:confused2:

$13.00, for a 400 watt hps, works as good as any. hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/400-Watt-HPS/34166/.

They have 1000 watt bulbs for $39.00
Never seen a 1000 watt at home depot

Growdude said:
$13.00, for a 400 watt hps, works as good as any. hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/400-Watt-HPS/34166/.

They have 1000 watt bulbs for $39.00
Never seen a 1000 watt at home depot

I am going to check out our mom & pop store and see what they have and see if they can order.....

I want to use lights my next grow,but I'm not for sure what kind of lighting i'll need.Any INFO will be greatful......

Due to the diferent choices and explinations needed i'll just say go to our lighting section and check the stickies and threads
ATB :)

Jake2635 said:
I want to use lights my next grow,but I'm not for sure what kind of lighting i'll need.Any INFO will be greatful......

Depend on how big ur grow room is.?
If it small then cfl's, but if Big then HPS/Mh..!

Cfl's, have alot to change and has to be so close to plants.
Hp/Mh 1 bulb easyer to deal with I think..

I just order a 1000 watt for the size of my room and between the 2 Hps I have it 1400 Watts so I should do alot better....

Latest posts

Back