Light Hour Scheduele????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowin

Reaction score
ey guys well my ladies are about 10i hi. with two other foot tall ladies.
i have about 5 swirl cfls in there and two fluo tubes. they have been on 18/6 light hrs, now my ? is if im not home to be able to turn off the lights at the 18 hours on point.-will giving them a little bit more light be good? until i am able to come home and turn off the lights???
therefore the whole base is...leave on the lights for more than a couple hours after 18: and then giving them there 6 hours of darkness ????

other ? is giving them more light be good for them considering that my light system may not produce that much light right now???

Leave it on 24/7.

More light is always better. Period (well to a point, I guess)

blowin said:
ey guys well my ladies are about 10i hi. with two other foot tall ladies.
i have about 5 swirl cfls in there and two fluo tubes. they have been on 18/6 light hrs, now my ? is if im not home to be able to turn off the lights at the 18 hours on point.-will giving them a little bit more light be good? until i am able to come home and turn off the lights???
therefore the whole base is...leave on the lights for more than a couple hours after 18: and then giving them there 6 hours of darkness ????

other ? is giving them more light be good for them considering that my light system may not produce that much light right now???

do you not have a timer??? lol:confused:
i dont recommend flopping back and forth with xtra hrs here and there either 18/6-24/7 i would say leave er on 24hrs when you get back.. from what i have read.. havent tried it myself but there isnt any real noticable difference on 18/6 vs 24/7...
as for your lighting why not upgrade.. you have 5 cfls??? how many watts each.. 26??? five of them put you at 130w and then flours.. theres a lil bit of power being used... look into some T5's or go with a HID.. THG has a great DIY cool tube and dual 150w hps set up.. that would be perfect .. or even a 250W pending on grow space...
IMO CFL's your wasting time and money... if your cfls are 26w ea. times 5 thats 130w.. only 9500lumens in total.... a 70w hps uses 70w... lol .. and has 6700lumens.. 2 of them puts you 10 watts over your 130w cfls. but raises your lumens to 13400... and way better penatration power...
just a thought..
LH

I would leave the lights on 24/7. Your plants will grow all the time the lights are on. IMO, it may not look like the plant has grown more because you get more stretch with a 18/6 light schedule than a 24/7, but the internodal spacing will be closer, which gives youmore bud sites.

I agree with LH on the light. Lumen for lumen, CFLs (and the needed sockets, splitters, cords, reflectors) will cost more to purchase initially, cost more to operate every single month, put out more heat, require much more micro-management, and produce substantially less bud than a HPS.

Anytime you have plants on a light schedule other than 24/7, you NEED a timer.

Yes, since you have no timer, leave them on 24/7. You will need a timer for 12/12, when you're ready to flower.

Latest posts

Back