light?? too much?? or a waste??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldmeat

Reaction score
so... heres where i stand. im about to start a grow. i have no more money to buy nicer things. heres what i have and what im planning to do with it.

i have 1 air cooled 1000w HPS and 4 250w MH
im putting these in a 4x8 tent
on a 4x8 flood table that i'll be running a drip on about 15 autos
is it pointless to keep all the MH's on trough flowering??? or a waste?

I have leds but i hear that the mh works best with veg and the hps is best in flowering

"is it pointless to keep all the MH's on trough flowering??? or a waste?"

Ya aint lookin fur any positives in this here question?

BWD

Just yankin ankle friend

Yual got best both worlds with spectrum and some say use one fur flower and one for veg but reckon more light marrier be my pinion or just do standered and use mh fur veg and hps fur flower but I be usin both ;)

BWD

some growers use a dual arc bulb in flower, for a wider spectrum, for example a dual arc 1000w has a 600w hps tube and a 400w mh tube all in one bulb, though they havnt reported significant advantages in using these that ive heard. i guess it wont hurt!

While you do have enough lumens to do it like that, I would be concerned about maintaining comfortable temps in the tent. 4 open lights even at 250w will produce significant heat. Also, your lighting spectrum and intensity will be out of ballance by doing this. You could try putting the 1kw in the center and keep it high enough that the light will reach to both sides(if the hood allows), and then hang the MH lights open and evenly spaced on either side of the HPS. If you can move the air well enough to remove the heat buildup it may do alright. But in my opinion its not the best lighting scenario. :)

:yeahthat: I would even suggest selling some of the 250W jigs to obtain more HPS power. lumens vs. heat per watt are accountable.

Latest posts

Back