light will not turn on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorvapor

Reaction score
My 400 watt hps light will not turn on.its only 3 weeks old.the ballast makes a buzzing sound and the actual light bulb has electricity running through it(looks like lighting kinda)if the bulb was burnt out it wouldn't do anything at all,right?anyone know what might be going on.
im flowering and i can't get another ballast or light untill tom.will this kill my girls.
this sucks!!!!!!!!!
any help greatly appreciated:confused:

this happened to mine also,luckly i'm not growing yet but im figuring i'm gonna have to get the ballast tested or figure out how to test the ballast.if my ballast is ok then i'll just about know its the bulb.mine buzzed for the first few times i tryed getting it to work..now it make no noise at all.i've tryed to hook something else up to it besides the light and it (a flaurescent light) didnt turn on either.I'd resort to some flourescent/cfl's until you can find out whats wrong or buy a new light.Get it or a new one back on asap.your definitly not gonna kill the plant. good luck bud and i'm sorry to hear the bad news.

thanks!
as long as my girls are gonna be ok till tom.im cool.should i put my cfl's in there tonight?

Its the bulb, i bought a new system and a month later that happined to me i put new bulb in it and fixed it ever since... try home depot for a bulb that or a local hydro store. I would get 2 for if it happiness again...

i would put your cfls in there toight untill you fix up your hps :48:

Latest posts

Back