Lights???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsmaverick

Husband/Wife growing team
Reaction score
:clap: Good Afternoon everyone. Ok I have another question for you all?? Our lights are about 24" above the plants and our tallest plant is about 14" tall. As I have said before we ae running on a MH 1000wt. They have been in veg about 2 and a half weeks. At what point would it be good to raise the lights? And when would be a good time to add extra CO2 into the room? :watchplant:

P7140001.JPG

P7140004.JPG

P7140008.JPG

Nice looking grow you have there.
What temps are you running in your space? You'll need to keep adjusting your light as they continue to grow, but from what I see you're not experiencing any burning to your plants. The rule of thumb is if you can hold your hand at the canopy for a minute without burning, you're ok. You could probably get a little closer than 24", but I'm not sure as I grow with 2- 400 watt lights and get about 10" from the canopy. Are you planning any lst/hst?

nice garden my friend..I run my 1k like you have there 12-16 inches from canopy..do as BBfan said..put back of hand on top of you girls...move light where it dont burn you but is warm..the closer the better..but watch for the burn okay..

take care and be safe:ciao:

BBFan said:
Nice looking grow you have there.
What temps are you running in your space? You'll need to keep adjusting your light as they continue to grow, but from what I see you're not experiencing any burning to your plants. The rule of thumb is if you can hold your hand at the canopy for a minute without burning, you're ok. You could probably get a little closer than 24", but I'm not sure as I grow with 2- 400 watt lights and get about 10" from the canopy. Are you planning any lst/hst?

:) Ok so the temps have been between 75-82 degrees in the room. and we are not sure what you mean by am I planning any 1st/hst??:(

djsmaverick said:
:) Ok so the temps have been between 75-82 degrees in the room. and we are not sure what you mean by am I planning any 1st/hst??:(

lst = low stress training, such as bending and tying the branches down.
I am not sure but can only assume hst is high stress training like pinching or topping(cutting the top)

A for the distance, these guys are right about holding the back of your hand up at canopy level and if you feel the heat it is too close. But with that hood you have you should be able to get closer than you are now. I know someone with the same exact cooled hood but 1000hps and keeps his like 12-16" from the tops of his plants.

edit: If your ballasts are switchable from mh/hps, I would suggest getting some hps bulbs for flowering.

Hi DJS...

I asked about the temps because it has everything to do with adding CO2. At those temps, as long as you are providing fresh air to your space, you really won't need to add CO2. Your plants look good and healthy and I don't think you'll get any significant improvement by supplementing the CO2 IMHO.

Here is a sticky by StoneyBud on Low Stress Training and High Stress Training.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1519

It will help you to maintain an even canopy to maximize your lighting and benefit all your plants equally.

Like I said, your grow looks good to me, you're obviously doing things right!

Garden looks great.

If those are all female I would flower very soon and not do any Lst or topping because your floor space is pretty full now and you dont need them any more bushy.

There going to get alot bigger when you are flowering so watch your space.

hanfhead said:
edit: If your ballasts are switchable from mh/hps, I would suggest getting some hps bulbs for flowering.

:) Ok so the ballast that we are using is a MH/HPS switchable. The light we are using at the moment is a 1000wt. MH and when it is time to flower we already have a 1000HPS Cool Deluxe light to switch over to. So since you have seen our "Sea of Green" when would you all say to put it into flower?

:clap: :dancing: And yes they are all "Girls". Them all came from clone. So no we probably won't top them or try to tie them at all.

flower when you wish but i would do it now, they wil double fo sho and posssibly triple b4 done,

good luck.

My experience has been that hps cause stretch. When I switch, I keep the mh in for the first week and I have found that this helps to reduce the stretch.

Personally I would wait at least another 2 weeks, but if you're in a hurry, start when you're ready.

djsmaverick said:
:) Ok so the ballast that we are using is a MH/HPS switchable. The light we are using at the moment is a 1000wt. MH and when it is time to flower we already have a 1000HPS Cool Deluxe light to switch over to. So since you have seen our "Sea of Green" when would you all say to put it into flower?
:clap: :dancing: And yes they are all "Girls". Them all came from clone. So no we probably won't top them or try to tie them at all.

Hi Mav,

During flowering, indica dominant strains usually grow about 2x the height they were before switch to 12/12. Sativa or sativa dominant strains will stretch more during flower and can grow close to 3x the height or more. Some pure sativa strains just keep growing and flowering and growing and flowering etc... and if you climb up the sativa stalk you'll find a magical place but watch out for the mean giant! :rolleyes:

So... depending on how much headroom your plants have you may want to start flowering before too long or you'll soon learn a LOT about LST out of necessity! ;) It looks like you've got a healthy room full of girls and a very nice setup...
Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back