LilDads LilGrow ~ 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like damping off and if so bin them….

otherwise try and add more soil to support stem
The skunk, who needed some support, has been recovering nicely so it doesn’t seem to be damping off. The Afghan is going to need a few days with that same level of care and I think it’ll pull through.

@bigsur51, do you think a little CalMag for the bigger two would be helpful? If I were to feed tomorrow, they’d have to either be inside or under an umbrella since it’s going to rain it’s butt off here.

They’ll need a watering anyway since I gave them a heavy one on Tuesday and I think the soil drying all the way out gave them the push they needed in the right direction.

those little babies?

nah , maybe just a week before they go outside

what is your feeding regime right now?

Womp Womp. Had to pitch the Afghan. The stem was super pinched off and it was just having a hard time getting started.

No biggie! Secretly, I’m kind of pumped for a “reset.” I don’t think I started the younger ones off right but got away with it for the second Presidential OG.

This time around, I’ll be sowing the seed outdoors and keeping it outdoors during the daylight hours and bringing it in at night. I think that stretching was a big problem and since I don’t have a proper grow light, I’m just going to do the whole thing outdoors.

Further, I think I overwatered and that didn’t help. I’m going to stick with micro-watering for a longer period of time. I think with keeping it outdoors will allow the soil to properly dry out between watering.

Womp Womp. Had to pitch the Afghan. The stem was super pinched off and it was just having a hard time getting started.

No biggie! Secretly, I’m kind of pumped for a “reset.” I don’t think I started the younger ones off right but got away with it for the second Presidential OG.

This time around, I’ll be sowing the seed outdoors and keeping it outdoors during the daylight hours and bringing it in at night. I think that stretching was a big problem and since I don’t have a proper grow light, I’m just going to do the whole thing outdoors.

Further, I think I overwatered and that didn’t help. I’m going to stick with micro-watering for a longer period of time. I think with keeping it outdoors will allow the soil to properly dry out between watering.

less is always better in my experience

all the best!

B0FAFED7-CD68-4996-9375-CA5FC1D16AA3.jpeg
@bigsur51 damping off or overwatering? I think the latter since there’s no fungus, and the stem has recovered.

56B37AE8-6864-43AA-AACA-F4AACA0EECBC.jpeg

First feeding! 1/2 tsp of Grow Big and CalMag then put them under the bad lights. It’s in the 60s and raining all day, so I figured that at this stage they’d be happier with some bad lights than what the great outdoors has planned for them.

I tore up the other POG since it was super stunted and wasn’t doing anything. Germed 4 seeds and put two in each pot and I’m letting them duke it out to see whichever one will stretch less while they’re squirreled away in the dark.

Bummed to have to do it, but I’m glad to get more practice at making seedlings happy. Weather is kind of a bummer in my swath of VA right now. My buddies who are adept gardeners are having serious stalling problems right now, but such is the “joy” of outdoor growing.
73C27A73-488A-4735-B831-5010A52E3EDB.jpeg

View attachment 326253
First feeding! 1/2 tsp of Grow Big and CalMag then put them under the bad lights. It’s in the 60s and raining all day, so I figured that at this stage they’d be happier with some bad lights than what the great outdoors has planned for them.

I tore up the other POG since it was super stunted and wasn’t doing anything. Germed 4 seeds and put two in each pot and I’m letting them duke it out to see whichever one will stretch less while they’re squirreled away in the dark.

Bummed to have to do it, but I’m glad to get more practice at making seedlings happy. Weather is kind of a bummer in my swath of VA right now. My buddies who are adept gardeners are having serious stalling problems right now, but such is the “joy” of outdoor growing.
View attachment 326254
You are maybe just a little early like I was last year anxious to get my plants out. Sometimes Mother Nature doesn’t work for us. Get your little plant as close to that bad light as you can so it doesn’t stretch. Nice that you have left room in the bag in case it does but more light will slow the stretch down. Good luck with this batch Lil 🥰✌️

Latest posts

Back