Little Old Lady Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Colorado Lady

This is my 1st Medical grow. Old enough to be blown away that this is Legal for me now. Started White Russion and Chemo last week, all cooked on defective seed germinating mat. Dang!!!!!! 1st time I've paid for seeds and killed them. Started over with last years seed on a 30 year old heating mat on low and all is going well. Most are in peat pellets ( I hear so many people downing them, but tried rockwool and didn't like it). So some coming up in the dark and 15 transplanted into 5 inch pots under my light and plastic. Will be going outside in the next day or so. Probably babying them a little, can throw seed over the deck railing and shazam they come right up in the middle of my strawberries.

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

Want to get a front row seat for Your Grow Colorado....
Again so sorry to hear bout that mat. I am so excited to see the outdoor season start. I like the lil peat pellets myself, I spray them to keep them moist, and adds some humidity and allows to not overwater.

Lookin Good Colorado!

i heard ppl ragging on them too until this year. they look good to me. and for like $4 for 40+tray+dome at home depot is cheap as can be!

i poke my germed seeds right into those square 2x2 pots. then to an 8"pot

never seen bags over the whole top like that ill be watching little old lady good luck

i play around with the jiffy pellets too.
ive lost a number of seedlings in them though
theyve all dried out too fast, id be in the grow room
doing something then come back a few hours later and theyre
100% dried out. thats after the seed has popped, when
theres no humidity dome around them to keep humidity in.

Hope you dont mind me sitting on the porch to watch and learn. I got my little green house up and was thinking to start my garden too.:D

goodluck colarado lady ,,pulling up my stool to :watchplant:

used them peat pellets for the first time a few weeks ago and worked like a dream :peace:

Thanks to all who have stopped by.
The plastic bags were covering my 5" pots to keep in a little humidity. Took them out from under the dark dome a day early maybe and they were looking a little droopy, covered them for 1 day and took covering off and then today, out in the morning sun.

Started Germinating some Purple Kush and Blueberry seeds given by a friend this morning.

Have more seeds going than number allowed, but seed are plentifull this year and will be able to pick strongest and best and then help out a couple of people unable to manage growing for themselves. Here's a pic of garden they'll be going into and the 6 day old plants in the sun

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

Nice lookin garden you got there. Is that lavender? Great choice for outdoor garden stink protection. Put some sage in there with it and you'll never have to worry about the smell come fall. Toss some legumes in there (beans) and it'll help out all your plants. They've got nitrogen fixing bacteria in the roots that put more usable nitrogen in the soil. Can't wait to see how the babies come along!

Hello ocgc
No not lavender, salvia. Also have several varieties of sage. One really pretty one that blooms large bright red flowers. Not so much for smell as we are without neighbors, just for pretty. Checked out your blueberry kush and white russian grow journal. Sounds like it turned out well. Wish my w. russian seeds hadn't cooked. Will have to reorder for next spring.

Right now my new seedlings are out in the sun. Grew 1 inch over night and look healthy and happy. Lots of sun this spring.

Good Morning all
Been a week since I posted, so thought I'd drop a couple of pics. Plants are starting to make 2nd set of serrated leaves, about 3" tall. Back under lights in house as overcast today and for a few more days. Have 30 plants going ranging from 1 week to 2 1/2 weeks old. Am growing from last years seed and 3 purple kush and 5 Hawaiian (no name known) Hawaiian are taller with thicker stems. Looking forward to trying them.

Tested my house water ph this a.m. after reading a post, 7.2 Hadn't thought of that and should have. Water here smell horrible and tastes the same. Have to buy bottled water to drink and cook with . Nice to know it's o.k. for the plants.

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

Ill be watching. Me and the Wife are considering moving to Colorado.;)

CowboyBudsky said:
Ill be watching. Me and the Wife are considering moving to Colorado.;)
not to hijack the lady's thread, but CO sucks cowboy. Always either cold or windy or hot or dry... The ppl are rude. The taxes are high. The mountains block the view.
The only way that I would even 'consider' allowing you in, is if you buy a cali' transplants house, and can convince "two" of them to leave!! :rofl:...;)

(btw co'lady.. if this post instigates a hijack, I'll move/delete the irrelevant stuff for you ;))

Hick said:
not to hijack the lady's thread, but CO sucks cowboy. Always either cold or windy or hot or dry... The ppl are rude. The taxes are high. The mountains block the view.
The only way that I would even 'consider' allowing you in, is if you buy a cali' transplants house, and can convince "two" of them to leave!! :rofl:...;)

(btw co'lady.. if this post instigates a hijack, I'll move/delete the irrelevant stuff for you ;))

I will do what ever ya need me to do Hick. I wanna be where its legal MMJ. Im tired of hiding my Personal grows.:D

No harm Hick, ALWAYS interested in what you have to say.

And my CFL, is 5" from my plants. With a 2 1/2ft. by 2 1/2ft area to light with a 55 wt. 6700k. cfl I figured that hight would give me the best coverage.
Think I should lower it? Light is on light track so moves over the area.
Wish the sun would come back

IMG_1607.JPG

Latest posts

Back