Lizard Lights??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog5524

Still learning everyday!!
Reaction score
Is it ok top use lizard lights that contain the right UV spectrum when first starting out? I plan to get the metal halide and HPS lights later on but want to know if this is ok to do for two plants.

UVB'S Are only really good for trichome stacking towards the last few blooming daze of the plant. You want full spectrum lights. 6400k cfl's or 2700's would do if HID's are not possible at this point.

Whats are the specifications the lamps you want to use?

Peace -

7greeneyes :D

Lol...and I was just about to be the dummy and ask what the hell are Lizard lights....:)
Thanks for clearing that up 7...

wally world has a decent florescent plant light for around 10 bucks, that's what a mainly use for veg and clones

I got a GE daylight F15 from wally world. Will this work?

never tried the daylight bulbs, just the plant and aquarium ones....

devildog5524 said:
Is it ok top use lizard lights that contain the right UV spectrum when first starting out? I plan to get the metal halide and HPS lights later on but want to know if this is ok to do for two plants.

UVB has been shown to be beneficial to mj growth- from vegetative growth to final flowering.

Many reptile bulbs are self ballasted mercury vapor bulbs. There are also some low wattage small flourescent tubes that put out some UV spectrum. Neither of these bulbs would help you in providing adequate spectrum to aid photosynthesis. They won't help your plants grow by themselves.

If you intend to get an HID light soon- get some cheap cfls to hold you over. The size and quantity you need will depend on how big your grow space is and how many plants you'll be growing.

Good luck to you.

but please don't forget SAFETY... here's the warning label that came on the UVB bulbs I've had for a while... they are med skin therapy bulbs... not "lizard lites" tho... lol... :hubba:

UVB.jpg

Latest posts

Back