LOL simple.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmongrass

Basil Farmer.
Reaction score
Yea so my 12 plants have dropped a couple hundred leaves in 3 days. you can blow on them and they fall off the node. they are getting a little blotchy yellow. i have high ph and lowered it. only thing i saw loose leaves under was low ph so maybe i went too far?

they just sheer off if you bump the plant. its happening bottom up. the canopy has exploded also so could this be from light starving?

Also, anyone know what translucent green tiny grasshopper lookin things are? they are big enough to squish and have a lil green gew on yr finger. i dont think they are social as ive only seen a couple always one at a time. I use outside dirt so it could be anything native to central US.

also i still have some gnats, any problem with adding neem oil/soap solution to my normal nute water? i cant really skip a nute watering, they are going so fast they get nute deff before the pot dries sometimes. i was gunna toss some sand over the dirt too but i don't think it would last more than 1 watering.

weak leaves being the main issue tho.
ty

Eh Lotek, gnats are my nemesis. Those little sons of fatherless dogs wont go away. I've tried diatometous earth, safer soap spray and other organic sprays. I dont have any of the other plagues but those d*** gnats.:hairpull: They fly into my eyes sometimes, up my nose, in my ears. The shear annoyance man I swear. I was told that the sand does work though, I really need to try it. I got so many plants in my house (not all weed) and they invaded all my pots. I hate those things, may they all rot in h***.

...gnats "require" the top 1-2 inch of your medium moist, in order to procreate. gnats are "usually" a symptom of over watering.. Usually, allowing your plants to fully dry out between waterings will do the deed, but...DE will NOT fail you, if properly applied and used.
Dress the top with DE, then water from the bottom, eliminate keeping the top 2" moist, and the gnats can not reproduce.

can you post a pic? i'd say if your have new healthy growth and the plant doesn't seem stress your ok. it could be that the plant is using stored energy from those leaves because they're not gettin enough light. so it kills them off and replaces them with new growth that can intake light. jmo i could be way wrong but it sounds good either way.

sorry lotek.. late flower leaves dropping is common, but yours sounds extreme. It "could" be related to your gnat/pests, if they've fed on the micro roots AND this late in flower, plant probably isn't puttong much energy into 'new roots'.. :confused2:...in turn causing an escalated yellowing and dropage...

no, 2 DAYS in. slowmo, thats how it seems to me but its 2 handfulls a day... there is like 6 inches of bare stalks at the bottom, not that i care about that they make it hard to water, but its still moving up. i need to water tonight so this may fix it. im making them a very nurturing bath. they are fallign off cleanly at the knuckle. the area that sheers looks like its oozing surgary clear gooey yum yum.

diatometous earth didnt work? thats strange, i just got over the flu with that stuff! (thats a joke, dont ingest DE), should take care of gnats fairly easily, along with some other common pests.

Latest posts

Back