"lookin For The Og Mp"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazewarrior

Protected under prop 215
Reaction score
OK, so I didn't come here to get a lap dance from Smokin....:rofl:, yeah i'm still laughin about that.

I wanted to know who is the OG MP. For those who don't know what I mean, that's ORIGANAL MARIJUANA PASSION? When was this site started and who are some of the first members?

i say everyone with over 2000 post. join date in 2005

Ok MarPassion is the only one I have seen with a join date of Jan 2005. I would like to here from him if he is willing to give some info.

MarPassion, can you please tell us how and when this site was started?

Yes, a little history lesson is in store. I'm pulling up a chair.............

Hey Haze, PM'd MarP. He runs the site...takes care of the server and is actively working on a huge strainbase as well as seedbank guide on the home page. He can't post much due to his workload. So the mods have to PM him when a question like this arises. Guess why an admin needs mods :p.
Be patient might take him a day or two to reply. He keeps this place a going as it is his passion to watch everyone grow and give us a home. :)

A lot of the first members are gone. Hick is probably had been here the longest except maybe weeddog, skunk and rasta. They been here about the same time I think. I was a NEWB :p

mutt, is an og of marijuana passion as much as he doesn't want to admit it.. you old dogg... what did happen to all those og's like ganja, and goldie, and the list goes on and on.... yeah MP, how about that history lesson when you get a chance :) been a while since i've seen ya on the boards... how are ya?

but then again if mutt is an OG of mp then i guess i would be too.... since my original join date would have been about the same time as him..

Hey pranic, you're about 17 months behind mutt. :p

I looked at the post counts and this is what I've come up with.

Most posts on the board to date goes to TBG, Followed by Mutt, stoney bud, Smokin mom, and Hick in that order.

Check the join date though, we're looking for some of the oldest members, but those 5 are probably some of them so...

"ORIGINAL" this isn't my orignal account.... sorry should of clairfyed...

I'm glad you clarified that, I was like... ? LOL

you wanna meet and talk to a real MP og, someone go track down GanjaGuru where did he go off to anyway. or like Mutt said, Hick is pretty knowledgeable as well... and to be honest it doesn't really matter who was here first, cos we are all here to learn share and enjoy, and each of us brings our own special quality to our community. :)

Mutt said:
He runs the site...takes care of the server and is actively working on a huge strainbase as well as seedbank guide on the home page. He can't post much due to his workload. So the mods have to PM him when a question like this arises.

Yeah, yeah, I bet YOU are him. Like Higgins on Magnum P.I., LOL:D

I think it was started sometime in 03. I was a member then also but with another name. Then in jan of 05, Marpassion updated the website and everyone had to sign up again. So Jan 2005 is the earliest date you will see for anyone here.

Yeah, Weeddog is right. Before this forum we had another forum for a year. That one gave me a lot of troubles when it grew bigger so I had to make a decission. I decided to start all over with a new forum, with good reliable software it runs on. So that was in Jan 2005 when i bought the Vbulletin software.

A lot of people didn't like the decission very much but there was no option for me. We had close to 600 members on the other forum and grow journals and stuff. I think Weeddog is one of the few that is still here that was a member of the old forum. So he's the real OG of MP :)

I started this website in 2003, I came up with the idea when traveling in Costa Rica with my gf that time. I had my laptop with me and worked on the site these two months. I wanted to build a strainbase because there was not much info about it i could find. Added growing info, very basic but it was a start.

I'm now in the process of migrating the whole site to a database, because the old site was pure static html. I have some nice ideas i want to add to the main site and with the help of you all it's gonna be a much better site then it was before.

Members can:
Rate threads, strains and even rate eachother (giving members points).
Add content, like strain reviews, content, video's etc.

And a lot of things we can add when there's demand for it.

We get about 4000 unique visitors a day and it's growing steadily.

So thanks to you all for making this a great site :)

P.s. I'm not growing at the moment, maybe I will soon though, but not on a big scale. I'm checking the forum everyday but contributing to threads is costing me a lot of time and I have an enormous amount of work to do, (not only this site). I talk very often with the moderators in the mods forum to discuss all kinds of things. So that's about it from my side. :)

I have been around for awhile too. Post count isn't very high though. I am also a member/moderator on another forum so that eats up alot of my posting. Peace ya'll

Looks like I finally go the answer I've been looking for. Thanks for taking the time to break it down MP. ;) When I signed up in 2006 I noticed the site was still kinda new. I figured I could share some of my experiances and knowledge.

Thanks for taking care of the site and offering this type of information to so many of us MJ lovers and patients.:D Thanks to the MOD's also, keep up the good work.

Someday I might be MOD status but for now I enjoy were I'm at. :confused2:

Latest posts

Back