*LOVE*, Homebox XS, bag-seed, soil, (Long-winded ;-) with Pictures!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GMCORP said:
This all seems very ... intimate :watchplant:. I'm a little embarrassed from taking such up-close pictures of their lady-parts, but, heck, if the OBGYN can do it, i can do it.

I set my camera for close-up-at-the-beach (because it's so bright!!!) and tried to take pictures of all 14 girls, but this is the best my technology has afforded me so far (these are all of different plants :hubba:):

:farm: Looking goood GMC, and I thought trolls didnt know how to grow weed, eh? :rofl:

Man those are some beautiful ladies! In that last picture you posted, it looked like the leaves were starting to dry out and getting cooked. You might want to watch how close they are to the light.

West coast of Michigan huh? Muskegon, perhaps?

Update??? lets see some pics of your growing area plz....

So, the old man and i were out of town for 5 days during our second week of flowering. :doh: We thought about our ladies every second and sent them love and good vibes from afar. :ccc: When we came back, i was expecting the worst---but amazingly, our ladies had SHOT UP in height!!! :aok: The Princess II was so tall that she was touching the light (see pictures). I decided to top her and her two tallest bridesmaids to prevent them from frying. Then, since we were on a roll, i decided to try cloning for the first time! :headbang2: I had bought some peat cups (the roots grow through the cups and then you know they're ready for transplant! Very cool. Used to use them in elementary school for vegetables or sunflowers or whatever it was they had us plant. Beans. I think it was beans). In any event, we got 10 peat pellets and put them in the peat cups (looks like an egg carton) and soaked them, stuck ten cuttings in some Clone-X, and stuck them in the moist soil, under 200 watts fluorescents in <2sq ft of kitchen cupboard lined with mylar from gutted balloons. All the cuttings were taken from the bottoms of the plants and had yet to bud. They're not looking so hot. :huh: Lights 4 inches above them. Suggestions WELCOME! Please? Y'all're so wise!

Anyhow, here are some pictures of my the buds this afternoon! Three weeks into flowering! We're so proud of our little girls growing up to become women :hubba:

P3310844.JPG.jpg

P3310848.JPG.jpg

P4060866.JPG.jpg

P4060874.JPG.jpg

P4060881.JPG.jpg

P4060883.JPG.jpg

plants look great...but...topping and cloning a flowering plant? i thought we were sposed to leave em alone during flower. have i missed something? good luck to ya

Topping isn't very effective during flowering =\. Great looking plants though. That Ice Queen looks like some sort of haze. It really stretched during the flowering period.

Well, the topping was out of necessity! :shocked: The princess and her two tallest companions had outgrown the space and were getting their top buds burnt, rendering them useless. Getting rid of the apical meristem does funk up the genetics some, and i would never do it to a hardwood, but topping is ok when done to save the plant and her flowering potential. Taking off the top allows the two buds beneath to grow out more, and keeps the plant from drying out! :rolleyes:

Nice looking ladies you have there. I definitely wouldn't have topped them though. I would have tied them down somehow. Why sacrifice when you can improvise? Tying them down would have stressed the plant but not as bad as a topping. Just my thoughts. They look great though. Good work. Take care and keep us posted. Be safe.

Thanks man. I'm not really sure how to tie them, but i do know how to top from my forestry background. I pretty much treat marijuana like little trees. I've seen tying done so many ways that i don't know where to start. Anyone have any tying suggestions for my setup?

:eek: Dearly beloved,
Disaster struck my garden this afternoon. We're distraught. I called the ladies' daddy at work to let him know the news, and i'm sharing it secondly with you:

Our tallest lady with the longest bud, is a hermaphrodite. :doh:

:watchplant: How did i not notice earlier??? Woe is me. :angrywife:

It was only one sac, pictures below (pretty pictures of a disaster, yes?) and surrounded by such a lot of bud that i did not notice the one sac until it was too late. Sac burst, and pollen dusts the leaves below (again, see pictures).

I know it happened today, and i took the herm out as soon as i noticed. :chuck: I know that each bud is made up of hundreds (or thousands) of individual flowers, each of which needs one grain of pollen to pollinate it in order to seed. Of course, we do NOT want seeds. I'm hoping i caught her/him early enough that the ONE SAC did not destroy my entire crop, but hopefully only seeded a few of the tiny flowers, of which there are thousands on my 14 (now 13) lady plants.

Any experts care to divulge what they think my prospects of continuing my harvest unscathed are?

Send good vibes for me if you can---pray if you're a pray-er---give a shout out to the Creator on our behalf, and cross your fingers!! We are.

P4110886.JPG

P4110888.JPG

P4110889.JPG

P4110891.JPG

P4110892.JPG

That ***** i know how you feel man i had to kill on of my plants because it was a boy. i feel for ya

oh no sorry to hear about the cross dresser sneaky little sod :giggle:
good luck with the rest of your ladies and how are your clones doing ? ive took some clones also and they look in the same way as yours ,,,have they perked up at all :peace:

GMCORP said:
Thanks man. I'm not really sure how to tie them, but i do know how to top from my forestry background. I pretty much treat marijuana like little trees. I've seen tying done so many ways that i don't know where to start. Anyone have any tying suggestions for my setup?

Just remember that in almost all cases with cannabis growing, height is undesired.

Tying them down should be as easy as putting some nails/tacs etc. in the wall, getting some good thread (*cough* hemp *cough*), and tying them down. I'm no expert, but there really isn't too much science behind it. Tying them down forces them to branch out, creating more budsites.

That being side, I wouldn't even bother with it this grow. Everything seems to be working, and LST (Low-stress training, tying them down) is something you generally want to start in vegetation.

Hope that helped.

As far as the pollenation, don't sweat it! You'll get some seeded nugs, thats no big deal man! One pollen sac CANNOT impregnate a whole crop. If anything, I think this will leave you with some VERY solid seeds, and still 95% bud. Pollenation is all random physical chance though, so who knows. The genetics in the hermie look pretty awesome to me though. Don't take any seeds from the hermie itself, but lets just hope the seeds from other plants don't all hermie too, eh?

Unscathed? Doubtful, no crop is unscathed. Good enough to smoke? You bet ;).

:yeahthat: thanks man! My favorite thing i've read on here is "One pollen sac CANNOT impregnate a whole crop." :woohoo:

So, we trimmed up the Traitor (who we have posthumously named JUDAS), and s/he is still a long fat bud. We've hung her/him up to dry. S/he only flowered for 4 weeks. Can we still smoke her (after proper drying, curing, etc of course). I mean, 1]is it safe and 2]will we feel the...:joint4: :ccc: :stoned: :48: ...effects?

P4110893.JPG

P4110894.JPG

You can definitely smoke it but it wont be even close to what it could have been. Sorry about the hermi. Any idea what caused it? I hope everything turns out alright. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

We do know what caused it: sneaky genetics!!! Never know what you're getting with bag-seed, but we're honing our technique on the bag-seed (it's free and readily available) and the first week in June we'll be on our honeymoon in Toronto, picking up some puuuuure strains (if all goes well)! It should time out that we'll harvest our current batch a few weeks before the wedding (to be able to smoke it after the festivities), and start a new one when we get back from the seed-excursion honeymoon!!

The effects will be radically different, much more head high (which I actually enjoy), and much less potency, but its definetely smokable. Smoke the whole plant at once, and it shouldn't be a problem at all.

:laugh: Happy 4-20 girls and boys! We are completely blazed and wanting to show off the ladies.:fly:

Soooo, here are our happy ladies at week 5. Their buds are so huge that the plants were starting to topple over by the weight of the buds, so we staked some of them loosely to some dowel rods. :headbang:

Also, the clones sprouted roots, and we transplanted them to larger pots in our clone cabinet.

Questions? Comments? Criticisms? :welcome:

P4200896.JPG

P4200899.JPG

P4200900.JPG

P4200901.JPG

P4200903.JPG

P4200906.JPG

P4200908.JPG

P4200909.JPG

Latest posts

Back