Lumens to height.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noneedforalarm

Cannabinoid
Reaction score
ok so i made a post about lumens when i first got on about measuring them i think.anyways andy made a post about how he thought i needed 40k lumens for my area which is 8 square feet.now here is my question.does the height matter? if i have an area thats 4'L x 2'W x 7'H i still need 40k lumens no doubt,i mean i guess anyways i dont understand the height issue.the only thing which i know is the fact that the light has to be as close as possible.but what im really getting at is if my grow room is 8 square feet with a height of 7' and i can use 40k lumens would 20k lumens be enough if i cut the space say to 4'height? or does that even matter? if its 8 square feet and only 2' high and im lst'n 4 plants do i still need 40k lumens even though there is virtually no space for the light to be wasted inbetween its travel from the bulb to the floor?now im gonna go with what im thinking,that height doesnt matter and regardless if its 2 inches you still need the 3k to 5 k lumens per square foot.but second opinions is what im about :) so thanks for any replys

well im a little stoned ,,but im figuring imo it would all depend on your canopy and where the intense light spreads out to ,,,,ohhh ignore :ignore:me i dont even understand what im trying to say :rofl: sorry:p

You are correct, height doesn't matter when discussing the lumens you need--it is a measurement based on square foot.

thanks again HG :) i was looking at the old thread titled "lumens" and you enlightened me to the "incandescent equivalent".

how far could you expect that light to penetrate assuming you have the correct lumens for your sq ft?

Latest posts

Back