male or female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeUpJohnny

Reaction score
I posted this in my balls thread, but no one ever responded, I just took these pics today

tell me what you think, thanks

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

i think you may have to wait a little longer to know for sure could be a ball or the start of a calayx :peace:

but can it be male down below and female up top? because it's clearly female up top

OK, the first pics looked male to me... still a lil early to tell for sure but looked male........ the second pic you posted looks female..... IF that is on the same plant GET RID OF THAT POS!!!!!!! burn it........ run it over with your car several dozen times.. whatever............... natural hermie Bleh!!!!!!.... but I would give it a few more days heh... still kinda early to tell heheehheheeh

SmokeUpJohnny said:
but can it be male down below and female up top? because it's clearly female up top

thats whats called a hermie :p but i would give her a few more days yet till you decide what it is :peace:

UKgirl420 said:
thats whats called a hermie :p but i would give her a few more days yet till you decide what it is :peace:

and then run it over......burn it.. destroy it....

very possible.the plants usually show sex towards the top 1st.just give it a few days and you will know for sure.i just killed one that had a small bump up top and you just know by looking at them.ladies rarely get that tell tell first sign.

i had a plant that had balls around the bottom of the plant but it was female from the middle up,i removed the balls from the bottom and it grew into a very tasty female :)

if you only have a few balls that can easily b removed ,just depends how gay it is i guess,whatever you choose just make sure none of them get chance too open up,remember mine only had a few around the bottom ,if the balls are appearing everywere i would scrap it :)
remember it only takes 1 too open and your doomed :)

i only had like 12 that appeared around the very bottom on the weak branches so i am not sure mate,if their are alot i would definatly scrap it though.

take a look at my Growing Guide thread http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26820... specifically, you can tell by the growth pattern of the plant once it has started alternating....

to me... the first pic is showing a calyx, which is on a female... I see no other signs of it being a male with those close-up shots...

if you can't tell by the info I provided in the thread I spoke of, can you take another pic of the plant about 2 feet away so I can see how it's growing?... how old is it?

it's about 7 weeks old, it will be tomorrow before I can get a shot of it... it's in flower now

also, they are feminized seeds

CVG, if it's not balls, then what do you think that thing is?

That crazy vancouver guy said:
to me... the first pic is showing a calyx, which is on a female... I see no other signs of it being a male with those close-up shots...

on a female, there are 2 calyx's at the node where a lateral branch sprouts out.

7 weeks old?... could you please take a pic of the whole plant?... specifically, the top portion where the alternating nodes will be, if apparent... also, on the growth of the lateral branches you should be able to tell... as long as it has started alternating, you can tell with an almost 99% certainty... I haven't been wrong in making a determination in over 2 decades of growing....

this is what I'm talking about... this is off a female only a couple days away from chop... the calyx at the nodes like I was saying...

have a look at my growing guide thread to tell if it a female by the way the alternating branches are growing....

alrighty CVG, here are the pics, taken this morning... my friend in the NL says it looks like male flowers...

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2334.JPG

Latest posts

Back