Meeting with a Lawyer.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jut read this....This is what needs to change to bring my dream to a reality...

I posted this in the Med forum as well..thought my toker friends would aprove of a duplicate post..DD
Obama Raids Tahoe Med Dispensary..
Obama raids Tahoe medical marijuana dispensary. From the ASA web site. http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=5654

Oakland, CA -- The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) raided a medical marijuana dispensary today in South Lake Tahoe, California, in the first days of the new Obama Administration. Even though President Barack Obama had made repeated promises during his election campaign to end federal raids in medical marijuana states, many high-ranking Bush Administration officials have yet to leave office. For example, still at the helm of the DEA is acting Administrator Michele Leonhart, who has been responsible for numerous federal raids in California, following in the footsteps of her predecessor Karen Tandy. Neither Eric Holder, President Obama's pick for U.S. Attorney General, nor a new DEA Administrator, have taken office yet.

"Whether or not this unconscionable raid on a medical marijuana provider is the fault of federal officials from the previous administration, President Obama has an opportunity to change this harmful and outdated policy," said Caren Woodson, Director of Government Affairs for Americans for Safe Access (ASA). "We are hopeful that these are the last remnants of the Bush regime and that President Obama will quickly develop a more compassionate policy toward our most vulnerable citizens."

Medical marijuana and an unknown amount of cash was seized during the raid today from Holistic Solutions, but no arrests were made. This first DEA raid under the new Obama Administration is another example of more than 100 raids on medical marijuana providers that have occurred in California over the past two years. While the greatest federal enforcement has occurred in California, the DEA has been active in other states as well. Federal agents raided the Washington State offices of a medical marijuana advocacy group that was supplying starter plants to hundreds of authorized patients. In Oregon, a federal grand jury was used by the DEA to obtain the medical records of several patients, an effort that was later rejected by a federal court. The DEA also went as far as to threaten New Mexico officials for planning to implement that states medical marijuana distribution program.

"I would not have the Justice Department prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana users," Senator Obama said in an August 2007 statement. "It's not a good use of our resources," he continued. This statement was followed up by Obama in other public events in the run up to the election. "President Obama must rise to the occasion by quickly correcting this problem and by keeping the promise he made to the voters of this country," said Woodson. ASA has been working with the new Administration on changing federal law around medical marijuana, which has included providing a comprehensive set of policy recommendations.

Further information:
Comments by Obama on ending medical marijuana raids:
http://granitestaters.com/candidates/barack_obama.html
ASA medical marijuana recommendations for incoming president Barack Obama: http://AmericansForSafeAccess.org/PresidentialRecommendations

Flyinghigh said:
:rofl: Did U get Layed Off..??

I think we all want to be into collective and be part of a Operation that is Growing MJ...

I guess I miss the joke regarding getting "Layed Off" (sic). Unemployment in this country is approaching epidemic levels (currently over 7%). The outlook for the coming months is pretty grim. I'm glad you can find humor in the misfortune of others. A lot of good people are going to lose their homes and savings. I don't think that's funny.

Let's all hope that in the face of the many challenges that lie ahead for this new administration, relinquishing controls back to the states does not get thrown on the back burner.

The Effen Gee said:
That is way, WAY too many plants.

Why on earth would you need that many unless you were crossing like 20 strains at the same time?

We grow BIG indoor plants, normally in isolated DWC containers (Home Depot Strongboxes) or just plain coco if we are feeling lazy.

Our harvests are bountiful. No need for the insane numbers. Makes you look like a cartel to the govt.

maybe your right, but no one would have the ability to enjoy the services of mmj dispensaries if it weren't for us crazys who said fk it and grow as much as you can. where do you think the medicine comes from?

we do what we do for the exact purpose of eliminating cartels from the marijuana trade. the cartels clear cut in national forests, use toxic chemicals that are banned in the U.S. if everyone starting growing huge crops, there would be no need get crappy weed from cartels. they are the ones that give commercial growing a bad name.

please realize that many people with doctors recommendations have neither the means or knowledge to grow high quality medicine themselves. i wish more people would grow commercially, the price of mmj might drop to a reasonable level. what good is high quality medicine if no one can afford it?

norcal, if you wait for change to happen, you'll be waiting forever. the DEA picks off the easy targets (dispensaries,collectives,grows that operate openly without regard to the reality of federal law). operating a commercial grow under the radar is alot easier that running a collective or any entity that sells the crop.

i watched so many dispensaries in the bay area get screwed by the DEA even when operating under regulations passed by the city or county, AND PAYING TAXES to the govt. under federal law everything is illegal anyways, so you might as well go balls out, just stuff away a few grand for a good lawyer should things go south. good luck!

greenfriend said:
maybe your right, but no one would have the ability to enjoy the services of mmj dispensaries if it weren't for us crazys who said fk it and grow as much as you can. where do you think the medicine comes from?

we do what we do for the exact purpose of eliminating cartels from the marijuana trade. the cartels clear cut in national forests, use toxic chemicals that are banned in the U.S. if everyone starting growing huge crops, there would be no need get crappy weed from cartels. they are the ones that give commercial growing a bad name.

please realize that many people with doctors recommendations have neither the means or knowledge to grow high quality medicine themselves. i wish more people would grow commercially, the price of mmj might drop to a reasonable level. what good is high quality medicine if no one can afford it?

Forgive me if I misunderstood your motives.

...We seem to be on the same page, just not as crazy.

Latest posts

Back