Meteor Gauze with glass bong????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Lotus

God Of Thunder
Reaction score
DO I need one?
The bowls on the glass bongs im looking at.
A ufo bushmaster, and another glass one...

The bowls are big as hell. How does a meteor gauze
work in the bowl.... what does it do, and how can you
pack a bowl, around it worth a shiot?

Opinions on it please:D

I'm not sure why you'd want that. :confused2: I use a normal bowl, with a hole in it. I place a larger-than-average chunk in the hole, so nothing is pulled through. Works like a charm every time!

Less stuff to clean, or break. :)

Yeah but not everybody can just throw a big chunk in when the weed is running low, Or if its grinded up like mine usually is. I need a screen or the glass gauze..........

Anybody else have some opinions. Besides the big chunks idea,,, It is
great..... But like I said I need some type of screen, or this guaze thing..

Never even heard of one until today.

Ive got a meteor gauze, they are pretty sturdy but be careful when you drop it in to the bowl, it can cause it to smash the bowl and downpipe.... so just plink it in gently. I personally like it, cos it looks cool, and they do work wonders if your buz is not COMPLETELY ground..

Iron Lotus said:
DO I need one?
The bowls on the glass bongs im looking at.
A ufo bushmaster, and another glass one...

The bowls are big as hell. How does a meteor gauze
work in the bowl.... what does it do, and how can you
pack a bowl, around it worth a shiot?

Opinions on it please:D

I used to use a brass screen, didnt like smoking lead and back in the 80's changed to a stainless steel screen. It clogged too fast. Nowadays I rarely use any, except in my one-hit. My :bong1: doesnt need a screen unless the weed is too finely busted up.

I do like these glass screens. I have some that look like starfish, or spiked balls, and some like little flat stones with bumps around the edges. All work great and come clean fast in the ultrasonic cleaner. much better hit than brass or stainless steel. :hubba:

Bleek187 said:
i took the cap off the sink where the water comes out and found like 10 screens in there.. i stuck one in my bowl and its been in there workn perfect ever sence.

You can't deny, the homemade remedies are always the best..

Kludge said:
I use a glass-on-glass ice bong and I just use the standard steel screens. The head shop lady said not to use them but I do because my pot kept getting sucked into the hole when it was getting close to ash. There's still a good hit or two in that ashy bowl and an extra hit on every bowl adds up fast.

I have never subjected this theory to testing, but I always felt the pop of the last ash going thru the hole contributed to the effect. Perhaps the change in pressures??? :hubba:

Yeah, It always adds up... if you save 0.1g every hit... by 30 hits you've saved yourself a good amount!

Those last hits are always the nastiest of the bunch. Yes, you're getting whatever's left in there, but you're also getting all of the stuff that's way paste burnt.

I try to keep the bowls small, to reduce how much weed is wasted. It also means I only have to light the bowl once, before emptying/refilling . A bit of wasted weed, to me, is worth the fresh taste of a clean bowl. Mmm mm. :D

King Bud said:
Those last hits are always the nastiest of the bunch. Yes, you're getting whatever's left in there, but you're also getting all of the stuff that's way paste burnt.

I try to keep the bowls small, to reduce how much weed is wasted. It also means I only have to light the bowl once, before emptying/refilling . A bit of wasted weed, to me, is worth the fresh taste of a clean bowl. Mmm mm. :D

:cool: I only do 1-hits in the bong or little pipe, I hate those second hits. another good thing about pulling each hit all the way thru :hubba:

Well is there a smaller bowl that would work??

I would just need 14.5 joint size and 10cm downtube
length?

Thats what the stock sizes are for it

Well got the bong, Would a meteor gauze help keep the ash from sucking down the tube and getting it filthy so fast when the bowl is being cashed?

There's a kind of technique to not dirtying the water.. if you're inhaling, and the bowl 'pops' and ash goes into the water, you were inhaling too hard. Go slower, and empty the bowl with a pick.

King Bud said:
There's a kind of technique to not dirtying the water.. if you're inhaling, and the bowl 'pops' and ash goes into the water, you were inhaling too hard. Go slower, and empty the bowl with a pick.

I know that. I usually dont suck the ashes through. Still gets dirty though on the stem... Mainly a question of keeping the stem clean, Guess I will just have to boil it every few days or something. Thought maybe somehow a thing sittin in the bowl would just help keep the stem cleaner for longer or something......... Just spitballin is all. And im also high.:D

Latest posts

Back