miracle grow soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Localfan420

Reaction score
how much water do you use to flush out soil for a transplant. i'm using MG soil and want to wash out as much nutrients as possible...

Good luck,,flush flush flush.They have like one to 4 months worth of Nutes.

no. i have 5 seedlings about 3 -4 days old in a slow release MG potting soil. 21-7-14 and its pretty aerated with peat moss and perlite. i need to get a ph tester but i water once a day and keep my cfl's 1-2 inches away from leaves.

when i want to transplant i will either hopefully find some better soil (most greenhouses are closed) or flush my MG soil and use an orchid fert type.

it has 20-14-13 + trace elements

Dude, I just flushed my used MG soil, and am gettin ready to condition it. I used like 20 gallons water for every 5 gallon bucket of soil.

are there no Lowes, or HomeDepots, or the like around you still open? (not neccesarily today...)

get yerself a bail of Sunshine Mix #4 or premiere Pro Mix BX or HP... those are the two best soils to grow in, IMO and many other growers I know...

and stop watering so frequently... the soil needs to dry out, for the most part (just not too, too much with the seedling)

That crazy vancouver guy said:
are there no Lowes, or HomeDepots, or the like around you still open? (not neccesarily today...)

get yerself a bail of Sunshine Mix #4 or premiere Pro Mix BX or HP... those are the two best soils to grow in, IMO and many other growers I know...

and stop watering so frequently... the soil needs to dry out, for the most part (just not too, too much with the seedling)

wish my lowes or HD had those 2 in stock i can never find anything cept MG and jungle growth:eek: and even when i chekc online with those 2 stores i never see anything cept MG or somthing else with nutes in it already guessing it might because of the time of the year it is

That crazy vancouver guy said:

Yep,,,I use the Pro-Mix HP,,that stuff is great. Water runs off really well. Roots get plenty 02. I feed with Dutch Master Gold :D

also i aksed ur same question about flushing pre nuted soil to hippyinengland and this is what he told me and it worked so i would give this a try

by HIE
The soil will be fine with a wash, what happens with pre nuted soil is that EVERY time water is put into it, the soil released nutrients, as you know this is bad for seedlings.

Someone came asking me the very same question a couple of weeks ago and what I suggested was filling his grow pot with the amount of soil he would use << that way he knew the volume of soil he would need, then I told him to empty that soil into a bucket (the bucket was 5 gal, his pot 1 gal).

So he had 1 gal of soil in a 5 gal bucket, then I told him to add 4 gals of water and give it a stir and leave it for 24 hrs sitting still, then after 24 hrs stir it again and leave it another 24 hrs, after this time all the nutes are washed out ;)

Then strain the watery soil mixture through any kind of filter he had (he used an old t/shirt), what he had left was a clean nute free soil and his plants are now growing with no problems at all :)

If you cant find Nuteless Soil,,Use regular Potting Soil.

the readings for the MG Slo Release are actually 0.21%N - 0.07%P - 0.14%K i will check to see if anyone carries that soil around here thanks! i actually have the sprouts in 10 ounce styrofoam cups and use a mister to water just the right amount until a few drips come out the bottom. my soil is usually dry the next morning with 24/0 lighting. they are just starting to show their 2nd sets of leaves.

Are you having a problem with the nutrients in it? My experience's with that soil and seedlings have not been bad at all. I just don't use any nutes at all until the plant needs it and then I top dress with what the plant is requiring.

I'll go straight to hell for this, but I've always transplanted straight into the flood drain table and hit those suckers with 400watts of MH goodness (albeit a foot from the top) and 1/4 strength nutes, then just worked up to whatever doesn't kill them.

Well I will see you there smokinjoe!! This is just a couple pics of my first ever plant and was grown in miracle grow soil. I harvested at 9.5 weeks and had a little over 3 ounces off of her. The smoke was just as smooth and tasty as my other grows in ocean forest and all the expensive "organic" crap on the market. All done under one 400w hps in a 3 gallon pot. The third picture is just the main cola harvested.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

i agree with GSS,i started my 1st grow in soil,using MG soil.it grew one hell of a plant to harvest and i never had a problem until about week 4-5 of flower.i had the 5+ft tall plant in a 2 1/2 gal. pot.i put her in a 5 gal bucket at 5 weeks flower and she took off.if she not have gotten root bound,she would have been fine in the mg soil.its just that you water less and feed sparsely.if i ever grow in soil againg,it will be in Mg soil.why waste the money on ffof.at almost 20 bucks a bag and then dump it out.i bet i trashed 20 bags of the stuff before going hydro.

I agree andy. I germ my seeds in it and for the first month they are in a mix of mg soil, dolomite lime, worm castings and alfalfa meal. When it is time to transplant I have 3 gallon pails ready with mg soil, dolomite lime, worm castings and steamed bone meal. That is it. If they need some fertilizer (which they rarely do unless the plant is a pig) than I top dress what they need and let it leech down in a little at a time. That plant I posted pics of was bagseed and was the smoothest and tastiest smoke yet. One hell of a buzz too.

agreed bro,i also added other amendments to the mg.i personally like mg soil.as i said,if i ever do a soil grow againg,it will be in mg soil.i still have all the different things to add to it.if all goes well,this spring i will be growing outdoors.i will start the seeds inside in mg soil and harden them off until the weather permits to transplant outside.

Localfan420 said:
how much water do you use to flush out soil for a transplant. i'm using MG soil and want to wash out as much nutrients as possible...
3 times the size of your container for a flush e.g. if its a 5 gal potter then use 15 gal of water ;)

Latest posts

Back