mishapen leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is my second thread today but I just kinda realized that one of my plants has two leaves (one on the right that has sort of curled over and one on the left that is fat and short) but the leaves otherwise seem healthy. Is there a problem causing this? If so can I do anything to fix this problem.

LEAVES.JPG

Leaves2.JPG

Hard to say.... Have you checked the runoff PH? I would suggest that.... It may just be a mutation.... I have seen many strains, ran in ideal environments, that turn out just retarded.... A-lot of Dj-Short strains tend to do this.... And DJ's strains are the BOMB!!! so it's ok if your plant acts a little stupid..... Good Luck...

Ha Ha, okay. I don't even know what strain these are. One of my friends gave me the seeds in a cigarete pack celephane right before I left NY and told me to grow him some killer bud so I'm tryin. The plants haven't grown in height in like a week so I raised the lights to about 2 1/2 inches to 3 so I'm hoping to get a little more height on them and see if I get any more retarded leaves. I'll keep posting, it's only got 4 main leaves and 2 are retarded. At this rate, I'll have a circus plant, ha ha. I'll check the PH but if that isnt it then thanks for lettn me know it wasnt a serious problem Magoo.

Yeah, I'm starting to think it's the plant... usually ph will 'twist' the leaves, uhm, the tips will take almost a 90degree turn away from themselves... your plants actually look very healthy. What kind of light are you using? CFL? And what medium? Soil? How often are you watering etcetera? We'll get those bastards going... you wait and see....

Thanks that's a shock that they actually look healthy. The one in the two pictues is actually the smaller one. The other one is doing a lot better. This is the fist time I've grown and I'm actually using 2, two foot flo plant lights and one white 3 foot flo in the middle of them. And I'm using a mixture of soil and did a big "no no." I took one of my moms plants and tore it out of its pot, and used the soil, then i used some of the soil from the groun outside of my house and I used some high grade potting soil out of another pot that had a plant in it. I'm also using fertilizer sticks that you just push into the soil every two months. The soil doesnt really drain verry well so I water them about every 5 days... maybe 6. I've been reading and those are bad conditions but hey, they're still growing.

Yeah, that's definately not the preferred soil mix... but think, cannabis grows wild some places and it is a weed... if it wants to it will find a way to deal with it.... :peace:

Yeah I have leaves doing the same and ph levels in all of my plants are the same. It isnt your ph just maybe the strain or genetics of that plant. I have 11 in all and 4 of the are kind of doing their own thing. They look fine dont worry about anything. If you can measure every day and write it down with the date. Measure every day because this is the the time when they should grow the fastest. What kind of lights are you using the 3 inches sounds about right if using cfls, let me know and Ill help if i can.

Later

Those bulbs sometimes dont have enough power when you use the floro tubes. Get yourself some twist in cfl from wally world and a few reflectors.That should do the trick.

Well I'm just hoping it wants to find a way to deal with it more than I want it to find a way to deal with it. I just moved so I dont have a job or any money, I don't even know if I want to stay here. I might move back to NY but either way, once I get a job I'm going to have a crazy grow room and I'll definately get pictures up!! Thanks for everything Magoo.

Well my lights were like an inch away from the tops of the plants and they werent really growing for about a week so I just raised the lights hoping for some height or something?? How many of those baulbs should I get and how much would that cost me? I only have 2 plants, I'm about to germinate another seed so I need enough light for 3 plants. I dont think the flo's are gonna cut it for long but for the next couple weeks thats what I'm stuck with. Thanks Noodles

You would need 2 fluoros for three plants. That would be enough. It would only cost about 10 dollars. Get the cool white bulbs. Should be rated at about 6500kelvin.

Ive used fluoros for my entire grow. They work very good. More and more people are starting to use them. They stay cool so you dont have to worry about burning your plants. Then when you flower use 3000 kelvin bulb or lower.

daylight cfl run 23 watts and the perfect spectrum for vegging..... you can run them for the whole grow... (I wouldn't) I'll grab a pic

Get them at any wal-mart, home depot...etc.... $6-7 for 3.... :peace:

live_comfluor_spiral.jpg

Get 2 or 3 of the same bulb s but use a different kelvin bulb. I recommend between 2000 to 3000 kelvin keep it somewhere around that. That spectrum is supposed to be the best for flowering.12on and 12 off when flowering.

Later:cool:

Latest posts

Back