Mixing nute lines.

• Thread starter legalize_freedom
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

legalize_freedom

I was reading through Jmansweeds nute study again, and wondered if he or others have found an ideal mix that works for them. I know I have heard DOS talk of using some of one companies product, or several different companies products at the same time etc. I was just wondering what you guys have found tomatch up well. I know every plant is different, but I'm just fishing for some details on things that you guys have found with your particlar feeding ingredients...what do you like to use additives and what not.

For example I use the Fox Farm full line-up, and have found with every grow I have a few that either seem to really be cal-mag hungry, or the nute line/soil is lacking in that department. So I have started adding cal-mag a few feedings through out my grow, and have cleared up that problem. I also wanted to try the Humboldt Counties Own products that a couple of my buddies had bragged so much about. So when I tried the Snow Storm, I cut back on the FF solubles, so as not to feed too much P or K.

I'm just fishing for the perfect mix...lol...I want a blueprint haha

I constantly experiment. Since I don't have access to other than basic ferts I tend to use more natural items such as potash for K and Ca, watered in with magnesium sulphate. Same effect as Cal-Mag but with added K.
Plus MG Bloom 15-30-15 and whatever I might make from basic chemicals...

Since your soil, why not make some super soil and leave out the nutes? I used to make a subcool style soil when I did outdoors. If I switch back from Ebb, I want to try it inside.

Fishing for the perfect mix?............me too LF......lol.

The schedule I run for Reclining Buddha is much different than Sky Walker. It's really strain related imo.

That goes for mixing items in as well I think. Certain additives for specific strains and methods.

Nouvelle brings up a good point however. Many of my strains do well in similar soil mixes.

Nouvelle...my plan is to go organic soon....but I have gallons of stuff here to use up, and even in a good soil I'll want to be adding some treats occasionally, microbeasts, and teas etc.

When I was outdoors I amended the soil every fall...and was pretty much organic all the way through also

My mix was similar to subcools. I cooked it in sun for 2 weeks an then rented a small backhoe, dug one long trench and then backfilled with supersoil. Besides playing with a backhoe is straight awesome, IMO. I didn't add any more nutes. But I think the river water that I dropped the pump in was full of diff things. The plants were massive. I will dig out some polaroids and scan. I feel like doing it that way with a hot soil and no ammendents throughout, eliminated alot of guessing about defiencies, at least that's how I viewed it. Besides the fact, free light, free water and no nutes, oh man how I miss mother nature. I ha my wife stand by pump an if anyone on a tube floated by or fisherman were walking around, she would grab pump and hoseand hightail it to the property. Man those were good years.

jmansweed said:
Fishing for the perfect mix?............me too LF......lol.

The schedule I run for Reclining Buddha is much different than Sky Walker. It's really strain related imo.

That goes for mixing items in as well I think. Certain additives for specific strains and methods.

Nouvelle brings up a good point however. Many of my strains do well in similar soil mixes.

Hats off to you... Your the only person I have seen on this site talk about the Sky Walker... With out a doubt the best bud I can can find in dispensaries around here... I just cant seem to find a Sky Walker cut... Oh well I still have great genetics....

Mindzeye, and Jman, I have heard about the skywalker, supposed to be a very medicinal plant. I don't know who's genetics it is though...is it one of those west coast clone only strains? I have had someone tell me it is a good one for pain.

legalize_freedom said:
Mindzeye, and Jman, I have heard about the skywalker, supposed to be a very medicinal plant. I don't know who's genetics it is though...is it one of those west coast clone only strains? I have had someone tell me it is a good one for pain.

Yep clone only, Cali style...

There is a link on THC farmer that has a skywalker grow, not only is it dank, it produced some very heavy plants. Not sure if genetically it always puts out that much bud or he was just a solid grower, but I think it was 7ft tall and he used vertical light set up. Looks like about half lb per DWC bucket. Beautiful grow and plant. Would love a cut of that to clone an make a mommy.

Latest posts

Back