moldy soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizard

Reaction score
what do i do before it causes problems just noticed a grey mold growing on my soil

Can you get any pics up?
Might help people reach a conclusion

no cam today its grey hairy mold looks like rotting fruit i do have pine bark compost in my soil mix could this be it?

Mate i wouldn't know i'm in coco never done soil but sounds bad.
I'll do my best to dig up some info for you though

Mold likes warmth and humidity is everything ok in that sense?

lately the heat and humidity has gone up weather wise and always have windos open i rarely use ac my lil closet is dead center of my house i'm going to try another fan and see that helps i dug up the top layer of my soil i hope the fan will keep my closet alil drier

I'll keep looking but there a lot of stuff to sift through on google etc not sure how much of it relevant.
Try posting in organic section also if you not done already :)

thank you for that link it accualy helped i have always used pine bark mulch in my compost for growing and always had great results now i see why but until now i have always grown outside in the swamp now i'm in the city and indoors is alot different thanks for you help i think i have the problem solved i'll know in a few days

Brilliant mate, really pleased i could be some help.
Hope you get it sorted fella, let me know either way if you will ;)

so far i dug up that layer of soil and added a dry layer of mirical grow organic
it was free and put in another fan to circulate the air and dry it up some and i had an idea of putting a funnel in my soil goig down about 2 inches so that i can keep the top layer dry i hope this helps i think it might i hope so thanks again man your alright man i'll smoke my first bowl of this plant to you cheers

Latest posts

Back