more or less plants in a vertical light grow???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old blue

Reaction score
As some of u know, i have been vegging 5 plants in my 5x4x6 cab, with my cooltube set up vertically in the middle("vertigo" vertical light grow, in the growlog section). It looks like i'm gonna have 3 females out of 5 plants, and i took a bunch of clones off of them the other day. So, my question is, in a VERTICAL light setup, where u have plants surrounding the light, is it better to have only the 3 big girls, or to have the 3 girls plus 3-5 clones also? They can all fit, but i've been noticing people saying u get a better yield off them when they have more room. Btw, once i flip to 12/12, i'll have a 400hps at the bottom and a 600hps inline, directly on top of it. So, there will be light from the bottom to the top of the cab. And i turn the girls 1/4-1/3 turn a day, to make sure all sides r getting sufficient light. Please help. I'm torn between adding the clones during flower or not.

Go for it, less is more but in your case you only have 3 plants so what harm can it do apart from give you morev joy, IMO that is.

Also, since i'm gonna be only having my 3 big plants, i want to use as many of the clones as possible. Since i'll be putting the clones directly into flower, in 5gal dwc's, do u think i should only put 1 clone per bucket, or would 2 work, without compromising yield?

1 only imo
2 i that small of a rez will stunt root growth and in turn will stunt the size of you budd
more room for root = bigger budds

ShecallshimThor said:
1 only imo
2 i that small of a rez will stunt root growth and in turn will stunt the size of you budd
more room for root = bigger budds

Normally i would agree with this if they were gonna be vegged for awhile. But since i'm putting them into flower right from rooting, the root system wont have time to get big like a 4-6wk vegged girl, right? Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back