MP slow as molasses?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

Anyone else having trouble today? No matter chrome or IE, it is ridiculously slow for me. Other sites are not a problem.. I know Mercury is in retrograde, and we are experiencing solar flares.... is that it?
Kidding about all that stuff, but what is up with MP?

Personally had no issues rose, maybe you should clear out your cache ?

Ok, thanks Badd, does that mean clean out the cookies?

So i cleaned out the cache... still slow.. thank you it needed done.

Still having trouble with this site only, on computer and lap top? does anyone have any ideas?

Strange it's only mp and on different devices... Officially bamboozled Rose

Slower here to Rosebud.

It is acting normal for me today.. Maybe the solar flares? kinda kidding. Mercury in retrograde, what ever the heck that means.

super slow for me from the iphone last few days. PC seems ok though

Been acting up on me too. Slow most of the time.

Sometimes re-booting your router will help.

Also, you can try to sign out. Delete all your MP cookies (let me know if you don't know how to do that) and re-logon.

Actually, all my other sites are running slow. MP seems to be doing just fine. Knock wood, lol.

Thanks Hackerman, i did delete the cookies and clean up the cache.and sign out. How do you reboot the router? It is hit or miss now. tonight it is running great, all day, not so much.

Just unplug your router and plug it back in. There is often a reset button but if you push that, you'll have to re-configure your router with the appropriate password, etc.

Simply unplugging it will clear the cache but not reset your settings.

Then, there is backbone. It's really fascinating how the world wide web actually works. If you never read about what the www actually is, you might be surprised. There are actually a handful of people who support us all. They are called NSP's (Network Service Providers) Cerfnet, UUnet and a handful of others actually support the entire world wide web. They all share data packets back and forth and they route our data for us to the point where it is supposed to go. They are the ones who rent space to your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Think of it as wholesale and retail. UUNet and CerfNet are the wholesalers. Time-Warner, AT&T, etc are ISP's and they are the retailer (selling to us).

And, on rare occasion, one or more of those NSP's may be having problems. And, when they do, all the sites on the other backbones will work great for you but the sites that are on that backbone will be slow. And, while I connect with MP via one backbone, you may connect via another.So, that's why I may not have a problem and you do.

So, when you have problems with one web site and not another, it is [sometimes] a backbone problem. And, there's not much you can do about that. It's usually cleared up within hours, not days.

Sometimes re-booting your router will help.

Also, you can try to sign out. Delete all your MP cookies (let me know if you don't know how to do that) and re-logon.

Help, please. Do not know how to clear cookies (this kind anyway).
A bowl, a glass of milk and the other kind is history.
Thanks for helping a computer, illiterate old fart out.

What browser are you using. Firefox or Internet Explorer?

In Firefox go to the menu and click TOOLS> OPTIONS and then select the PRIVACY tab. On that tab, toward the bottom, there is a link that says, "You may want to CLEAR YOUR HISTORY or REMOVE INDIVIDUAL COOKIES".

Click the REMOVE INDIVIDUAL COOKIES and a window will pop up. At the top of that window in the search bar, type marijuanapassion.com. About 12 or 13 cookies should come up that say "marijuanapassion". Delete them and log back in.

Keep in mind, those cookies have your password memorized so you'll need to remember your password here at MP to log back in.

Internet Explorer is probably similar. I don't use IE. If you're using IE, let me know and I'll find out how to clear the cookies in that app.

Did it seem to resolve?

We had an issue awhile back with the server bogging down during backups, does it occur late at night?

I am never up late at night here, so no. It was all day for a couple of days. it seems to be fine this morning.

Thanks Hackerman for the instructions.

Latest posts

Back