My 2nd try at a grow. micro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers man, how do you manage to fit 6 CFL's into your grow box? Seems lik it would be a bit of a squeeze to me.

Or am i just being blind?

EDIT: also, whats your general set up like? I was planning on basing my general set up on yours, as it seems a cheap, easy, and (looking at your plant) effective way!

Directly above the plant i have a 400w light socket that i have a Y splitter connected to with 2 other Y splitters screwed into that one. Theres 4 32W 2050 lumen CFL's in that. then i have a desk lamp hung upside down with a 26w 1750 lumen for under and side lighting on the left side. and a Mini Bar style CFL thats straped flat on the Right side of the box thats like 20w and
puts off another 500 lumens. putting me around 10k lumen for slightly larger then 1 square foot... slightly..

all the lights are hung with common things like screw's , shoe laces. whatever was around really. the over head 4 CFL is on a pulley system using its own power wire...

Theres lots of pics on this Journal that show the set up..

so far its worked amazing with no exhaust fans what so ever... all i have is a basic heater/fan that i just use the fan part of in there with a large 4x3" hole cut behind it for air intake.

this is what you would call a cheap/effient set up i say!

Mini Update.

Alice is starting to produce crystal alot! cant wait to see what shes gonna look like in 4-5 weeks!!!

im back, my hard drive crashed, so, got my comp up and runnin again, i have 2 more seeds germinating, from this bag of dank stuff, that im still blazed on, if that made any sense, good for me :D

Slight thread hijacking there ^

Lol. Ho much longer until harvest? Cant wait to see the bud you get from this baby!

EDIT: Just saw what you wrote like 2 posts above me. Screw it, im blind.

well i decided id do another pic update today , i wanted to show how this main cola is coming along.. you almost cant see the stalk anymore as the several bud sites around it are fusing together.

some pics might look like plant hasnt developed much but thats pretty much because the plant itself hasnt grown much just the cola and acouple tops but the buds def have!! which is exactly what i wanted it to do. been trying to keep the soil not soaked but slightly damp. Keeps the roots from growing to fast.

Anyways been on 14/10 for the past 2 weeks and plant will def be done in probably 4 weeks by the progress ive seen. 5-6 if she wants to mess with me.

what you guys think 4 weeks? or 5-6 weeks? or more?
this seems like its going to have those skinny sativa buds on it? finger buds.. what you guys think?

heres pics! thanks for stoping by!

EDIT: does this thing look healthy? as far as how many fans each leaf looks etc?

bigger budding buds 002.jpg

bigger budding buds 003.jpg

bigger budding buds 006.jpg

bigger budding buds 001.jpg

bigger budding buds 004.jpg

bigger budding buds 005.jpg

bigger budding buds 007.jpg

i can not answer your questions ,,,or give any advise ,,,

but to me them ladies look gorgous :tokie:

akirahz said:
I'd say its time ta move her to 12/12 so she can really start budding it up :)

lol i dont even know what to say aki i thought u had been following this all along!

dude the plants been on 12/12 from seed its a micro grow.. do most ppl just look at pics? and then just make random comments lol.. wierd...

thx for stoppin by none the less

the plant will be done in 4 weeks aki.. start 12/12 hahahahaha....

Anyways been on 14/10 for the past 2 weeks and plant will def be done in probably 4 weeks by the progress ive seen. 5-6 if she wants to mess with me.

why is it on 14/10? you get more THC production if you use 12/12 ... i've been following along, i know its 12/12'd from seed but the 14/10 threw me for a loop there, i mean it wont finish that much faster, it aint worth the sacrificed potency.. didnt mean ta upset ya.

no no i wasnt upset man! far from it lol i smoke weed for a reason i love to be chill haha

MJ buds grow in dark. 14/10 is good for micro grow's but maybe your right about the 12/12 i havnt noticed to much since i switched to 14/10.

14/10 is intended for more bud growth less plant growth.. but i havnt seen to many ppl doing this technique so it may not be a good idea..

well ****.. now aki got me worried bout potency switching her back to 12/12 , this shouldnt stress the plant just shaving and adding acouple hours here and there right?

its been on 14/10 for 2 weeks if i change it back to 12/12 can i turn her hermie or anything or is it to late for that now?

and again aki i was just really high earlier didnt mean to come off as a **** on your grow journal just messin with ya hehe.

Whats up GG. She looks very healthy. From the looks of her you have atleast another 5 or 6 weeks left of flower. Who knows maybe even longer as she does look Sativa dominant. As far as switching your light back to 12/12 from 14/10. Not sure mang. ;)

haha alice just woke up and am i excited! tricromes are visable by eye now! couple more weeks and shes gonna be nice and frosty just yesterday she had minimal trichrome development and today man! i was happy when i took a look!

just thought id share that with you guys pics again in probably a week or so , i thank you all for checkin in with my grow journal all the time i promise its getting more intersting!!

Hey man!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I got weed today! Man its killing me not bein able to smoke very often! been a week since last smoke so its gunna be goooooooood!

Anyway back on topic! She looks very healthy man, but i agree with tbg at least 5-6 weeks to go. those wont be finger buds for long lol well i dunno i didn't lst my last sativa so :confused2: but i think you'll be very happy with a decent yeild!

14/10 as far as i know only speeds things up, but i know it can also reduce your yeild, altho u will harvest faster. I doubt it'll effect her too much when its only been on 14/10 for 2 weeks.

When my last grow was at the phase your girl is now we had people coming round viewing the house left right and centre so their light schedule was disrupted so bad lol but they weren't effected tho prob reduced the yield a bit.

Thorn said:
Hey man!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I got weed today! Man its killing me not bein able to smoke very often! been a week since last smoke so its gunna be goooooooood!

Anyway back on topic! She looks very healthy man, but i agree with tbg at least 5-6 weeks to go. those wont be finger buds for long lol well i dunno i didn't lst my last sativa so :confused2: but i think you'll be very happy with a decent yeild!

14/10 as far as i know only speeds things up, but i know it can also reduce your yeild, altho u will harvest faster. I doubt it'll effect her too much when its only been on 14/10 for 2 weeks.

When my last grow was at the phase your girl is now we had people coming round viewing the house left right and centre so their light schedule was disrupted so bad lol but they weren't effected tho prob reduced the yield a bit.

god i know the feeling man.. been smoking resin out of my glass piece all morning. ran out last night =( thanks for stoping by thorn!

ya i went ahead and switched her back to 12/12 last night im just gonna keep the lighting schedule 12/12 because it has worked in the past time and time again and why try to fix somthing if it aint broke.. plus i dont think im moving out as soon as i thought so i have a bit more time not so much in a hurry now.

im thinking about feeding her again tomorrow or the next day but im unsure on how much granulated fertalizer i should be giving her usually when i do i just cover the soil in a thin layer of them and then water real good. but last time i put a little bit thicker layer of them on there and soil still seems to have an orange tint to the top sometimes which means there still there. cuz when they run out the soil just turns brown again or so says some websites ive read and plus ive noticed it when i look at the soil...

how easy can a plant this old and mature be chem burnt? and if im using a fert thats 0/10/10 thats granulated should i even worry about it at all?
i chem burnt her once but she recovered when she was younger last time i fed she got 2 small burns on one leaf that was it soo any opinions thanks guys sorry for the story long post im high and borred!

thanks GG

Hey dude, not too sure man but u could just add a slightly smaller amount than what you normally do so as though your just topping it up? Also is that the only ferts u using at the mo? she might need a tiny amount of N, not sure tho as i'm no expert. She is looking sooooo good tho!

down with N! lol dont want it messin with my yield. all just take a piss in there if it needs some N! lol

Anyways Have alittle mini update to share with you all

I was borred today soo and was taking a look at my box and noticed that it has alot of wear and tear from using it over the past couple months and alot of light leaks threw the door seal.. as you all know the door on this cabinet is glass just like it came painted black with aluminum foil on the inside of the door sealed all the way around with inch thick weather stripping.

well around the edges paint has been chipping off soo i had some quarts of Gloss black enamel in the garage so i figured maybe this would be stronger then the last stuff. started going around all the edges and just globbing this stuff on already noticing less and less light coming out which means more light staying in!

and while i was at that i decided a DIY cardboard reflective hood for my 4 CFL over plant fixture was in order as well.

Materials used.
GHETTO REFLECTOR.
Flat white spray paint
Random cardboard 12"x10" give or take alittle ..

after painting and drying in the sun for 30 min. cut a hole directly in the middle of the cardboard sheet and then folded the cardboard like an Arch
fitting the cardboard over my light socket that holds the 3 Y connectors and 4 CFL bulbs. and proped the sides up off the bulbs on screws or anything that was around.

the plant is Lit up like never before i hope this simple 20-30 min repair job will help in the long run!

peace GG

lkajdsflkjasdklfjasd 001.jpg

Man them CFLs seem to be doing the job bro. I'm currently using all CFLs myself. GL with everything man looking good.

Latest posts

Back