My Bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tupapi

Reaction score
What Up I Barely Started Growing About 3 Weeks Ago And I Started In A Space That Is 16 1/4 By 16 15/16 By 12 1/4 All White Walls Using A Fan For Ventilation. Im Using Two Low Energy Fluros That Produce 1600 Lumens A Piece Combined For 3200 Lumens Altogether. I Feel Like Im Watering Them Right Not Giving Them A Lot But Only Some When They Look Like They Need Some.

The Second Week The First Two Sets Of Leaves Started To Turn Yellow With Brown Spots(brown Spots May Be From Water Splash Up) And Died The First Set Of Leaves Were The Ones That Didn't Look Like Bud Leaves And They Turned Completely Brown, The Second Set Started To Turn Yellow So I Cut Them All Of. Now The Next Set Of Leaves Are Doing The Same. I Read In Here Somewhere That The Leaves Might Do This But Isnt It Too Early For Them To Be Dieing Off Like That? The Plant Is Only About 3"

I Barely Got Some Nutrients From Terra Cycle And Used It Once. It Is Some Worm **** That Is Liquified The Npk Ratio Is .02-.02-.02. Will This Be Good For My Veg And Will It Make My Bud Taste Diffferent If I Just Use It For My Veg? I Also Noticed The Day After All The Tips On My Leaves Turned Yellow.

I Recently Got Some New Materials And Decided To Change My Setup. I Got To Cylinder White Lamp Shades Covered The Outside Wit Foil, Cut 2 Holes At The Bottom And Hung My Lights At The Top Of The Cylinder. I Then Did The Same To The Second Lamp Shade(except For The Holes For Venting) And Put It On Top Of The Other One It Looks Like A Big Hour Glass. The Purpose Of The Top One Is So I Could Put My Fan In It. When I Did This My Yellow Tips Went Away, They Were Only Yellow For A Day.

Do You Think It Was Nute Burn Or Was My First Set Up Not Right?

Other Than The Bottom Leaves Dieing And The One Day Of Yellow Tips My Plants Seem To Be Thriving And Getting New Leaves At The Top. I Would Like Them To Grow Faster But Ill Probably Need To Wait To Get Money For That. Any Advice Would Be Helpful.

Photo-0017.jpg

Photo-0018.jpg

Photo-0019.jpg

:48: That is a lot of info for a stoner to take in without pics man any chance you could post some up, especially of the plants.
Sounds rather like nute burn but need pics to be accurate.

So did you start from seeds then? How old when you first fed? Do you know your ph or even that you need to? What water? Tap? Do you leave it to air of for 24hr before you use it? What you growing in, soil, coco, water etc? Temps?
Apologise if you already said its late here :)

Ha you put pics up by time i posted lol

Looks like nute burn but pics aint great.
Carn't tell what you growing in from pics

O yeah and what are your measurements in? inches? I'm a metric man lol, just trying to work out how far away your light is

Newbud said:
:48: That is a lot of info for a stoner to take in without pics man any chance you could post some up, especially of the plants.
Sounds rather like nute burn but need pics to be accurate.

So did you start from seeds then? How old when you first fed? Do you know your ph or even that you need to? What water? Tap? Do you leave it to air of for 24hr before you use it? What you growing in, soil, coco, water etc? Temps?
Apologise if you already said its late here :)

YA MY BAD I HAD TO RESIZE EM AND PPL WERE AROUND TO SEE SO I HAD TO WAIT HAHA.

I GERMINATED THE SEED WIT THE PAPER TOWEL METHOD IN A DARK SPOT. I FED IT LIKE TWO DAYS AGO THE DAY AFTER WAS WHEN THE YELLOW TIPS CAME. AND ABOUT A WEEK AGO I TRIED USING EPSON SALT FOR MAGNESIUM DEFECIENCY. ITS SAD TO SAY BUT I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO GET THE PH TESTING SUPPLIES I KNOW THEY'RE CHEAP BUT I FIGURED IT WAS BETTER TO BUY THE NUTES AT THE TIME.

I AM USING TAP WATER AND HAVEN'T BEEN LETTING IT SIT I WILL MAKE SURE TO DO THAT. THE SOIL IM USING IS OFF OF A RIVER NEAR BY. THE TEMPS IDK BUT THEY SEEM PRETTY MODERATE CUZ I DONT LIKE BEING THAT HOT AND MAKE SURE MY WHOLE PLACE IS KOO SO IM SURE THEM BEING IN A CLOSET IN MY BOX WILL BE AIGHT, BUT WHAT DO I KNOW IM NEW HAHA

The Measurements Are In Inches And I Have The Lights About 2 0r 3 Inches Above The Top. Do You Know Why The Yellow Tips Went Away Almost Instantly By Switching The Grow Space?

what are u growing in, what kind of soil, hydro , what ever. if your in soil then u shouldnt feed it much at all at 3 weeks.

"ITS SAD TO SAY BUT I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO GET THE PH TESTING SUPPLIES I KNOW THEY'RE CHEAP BUT I FIGURED IT WAS BETTER TO BUY THE NUTES AT THE TIME."

I respectfully disagree.How do you know your plants are absorbing the nutes?For soil(looks like dirt in your pic)your optiomal ph is 6.2-7.2(6.5-6.8 4 me,usually),if your ph is not in that range,shes not really pulliun the nutes "up"right.For a small plant you could use tap water,lettin it sit in an open container for 24 hours b4 use(lets clorine evaporate)
You might want to do a little research(stickys' r good to read)
Your ph is the of the most important aspect of growin,it'll make you or break you.

im in the 3rd week and only fed it once and the yellow leaves started like a week or two ago, actually my bud might be a month already now that i think bout it. Im using soil from a near by river

ima have some money tomorrow so ill get the ph **** tomorrow and ya i guess you could say its dirt cuz i got it from off the side of a river. i thought it would have a lot of nutrients in it.

I'd recommend spending a buck and getting a notebook to log what you do and what you see every day. this will be very helpful in determining what happened when and figuring out the cause. you can get a ph tester from wally world for $5 in the fish section. not a soil ph monitor, but you can check your ph before you water.... read through the stickies! they're very helpful

good deal,what kind r u goona get.heres some tips,the dip strips-trash(looks like diff.ph depending on overhead light,also r ur nutes colored if so that'll give you false readings.
Drops-o.k. more dependable then the dip strip but diff.light diff. reading,nutes change that also.
I went to amazon.co m and picked up a milwake ph(red) 4 only $30.00,perfect.good luck

I wld hve just using potting soil for seedlings... The kind they sell in Lowes or Home depot... by using soil from a nearby river it is hard to tell what the heck might hve been in that soil... maybe it's rich in nutes or maybe it has something in it that is hurting the seedlings... You shld get a ph tester for sure... and test the run off of your soil... you might want to consider transplanting them into potting soil. Good luck Bro... green MOJO to you and your lil ones...

I dont do dirt so not much info but yeah ph is pretty much the most important thing cos if its not right your screwed.
Get a digital pen, mine was only £10-15 and its being fine.
You need some calibration fluid too.
Make sure ph is within range and then go from there.
What ratio did you mix nutes? did you go by bottle cos rule of thumb is only use 50% of what they recomend and you build up to that over time starting of weak.

the bottle says to spray the leaves til they dampen and to put some in the soil as well.

REALLY BAD NEWS I THINK MY PLANTS ARE DIEING NOW. LAST NIGHT BEFORE I WENT TO BED I LOOKED AT THEM AND THEY LOOKED REALLY GREAT, IT EVEN LOOKED LIKED THEY WERE GETTING CRYSTALS ON THE LEAVES. I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND THEY WERE DROOPING ALL BAD. IS THIS THE PH PROBLEM ALL OF YOUS BEEN TALKIN BOUT? I HAVENT GIVEN EM ANY WATER IN THE LAST FEW DAYS AND HAVENT FED THEM AGAIN? WHAT COULD BE WRONG IM GONNA WATER THEM TONIGHT WIT TAP WATER I HAVE SITTING BUT IT WONT BE READY TIL TONIGHT. ANY ADVICE?

Photo-0022.jpg

Photo-0021.jpg

Photo-0020.jpg

Newbud said:
I dont do dirt so not much info but yeah ph is pretty much the most important thing cos if its not right your screwed.
Get a digital pen, mine was only £10-15 and its being fine.
You need some calibration fluid too.
Make sure ph is within range and then go from there.
What ratio did you mix nutes? did you go by bottle cos rule of thumb is only use 50% of what they recomend and you build up to that over time starting of weak.

I DIDNT MIX THE NUTES WIT ANYTHING I THOUGHT IT WAS DILUTED ENOUGH(.02-.02-.02). sHOULD I MIX WIT WATER OR WHAT? CAN U FIND THE DIGITAL PEN AT HOME DEPOT OR AQUARIUM STORE

I Think I Found Out Why My Leaves Are Turning Yellow. About The Second Week I Figured Id Give Em A Boost Of Nitrogen. By Using Some Blood From Some Steak I Had In The Fridge.

So I Think I Gave Em Too Much Nitrogen. Does This Sound Right?

Wilted leaves,no water for a few dayz?NOT GOOD.you want to find a "happy"medium with the dampness to your soil.NO thats NOT a ph issue.
The ph of your water(soil)determines the rate(if @ all)said nutes are consumed by the roots,thus being absorbed(transfered to energy 4 mary).
The drooping I believe your talkin bout is from lack of water.
@ wally-world,target,harbor freight,nursery stores you can purchase a moister meter.Only water when its closer to the 'red'.

Oh Aight Man Thanx I Was Really Worried So Do U Think By Me Watering It Itll Be Fine. I Just Put Some Pics Up Sorry They Aren't The Best But All I Have Is A Camera Phone. There's Been A Few Times I Haven't Watered My Plants In A Few Days And They Never Done This.

..WoW...:eek:..
you should consider reading a grow guide. I see far too many wrong things, to even begin to cover, or CAN be covered in a QnA forum...(check the Resource page..;))
AND... TYPING IN CAP'S IS CONSIDERED RUDE.. ;) ..and it makes reading difficult for my poor old eyes..

Well me being a poor mexican i cant really afford what i want to use so i get by wit what i have lol

Latest posts

Back