My Closet Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:headbang: Well...as of tomorrow morning at 9 o clock, ill be switching the plants over to 12/12. Hopefully Ill get some nice lookin ladies here pretty soon. Ill post some pics as soon as possible!

I would suggest getting those plants into some 3 gallon grow bags.... when the flip happens, the plants will slow above soil growth for a couple days before the stretch begins. During this time they focus on below ground growth.

Throughout flower not only does the mass above ground triple in size, the root mass tends to grow very large also, especially if grown from seed.

Getting those plants into a larger container now is going to prevent root binding and growth stunting due to it. The benefits will be immediate and will give the plants plenty of room to stretch their legs during the STRETCH.

So do you think transplanting when they show their sex is a bad idea?:guitar:

bigweedo said:
:p Would you guys wait to transplant so i would just transplant females, or should i transplant them all into 3 gallon pots right now? And would a 50 cfm fan be enough for exhaust?

P.S. I know it's hard to estimate how much bud I can harvest, but if i have 4 or 5 females that start flowering at about 16 inches, how much do you think i would harvest?

Hey Big. IMO you should transplant today. Get em in the bigger pots before you switch to 12/12. Put them in good soil like Fox Farms and then water them real good with full strenght veg nutes. Then switch to 12/12 lighting in 5 - 7 days. If you are using MG, then don't worry about nutes. IMO you should transplant now before flowering.

When you turn that HID lamp on, the temps are going to SOAR in your closet. IMHO, you need ALOT more then 50 cfm to keep your space cool. As for the "how", I'm not there dude. You need a constant source of fresh air and a strong exhaust of the hot spent air. You can google search "exhaust fan" and you will get many options to choose from. Take the cubic feet of your space and multiply by 6. IMO, that is the minimum CFM number you should be looking for. Also, good ventilation will be very helpful later on with odor control.

As far as harvest, it is up to you. I've heard people get grams from a plant and I've heard other people get ounces per plant. Depends on way to many variables to be able to accurately "predict" anything.

KADE said:
I'm startin my flowering on sunday.. we got a bunch of ppl all at the same time.! noice!

Well Kade, I think I am going to hold up a few more days, but I'll be within a week of you. I've got to get subscribed to your thread.

Later all.

So I transplanted the ladies into three gallon pots yesterday, and I am thinking I am going to run 18/6 for a couple more days then switch them over to 12/12/. For some reason this 50 cfm fan is the champ! I went to homedepot and bought some 3 inch ducting and have my closet door cracked just enough for the ducting to come out and it is a nice 78 degrees in there :eek: Hopefully these ladies will start growing like mad and bring me some nice buds :baby:

Remember during flower leaving the door cracked is not going the be a good thing if it lets light in.. just watch it and come up with something better soon..

I bought some black sheeting that pretty much takes up all the light that is coming out and prevents light from coming in. I plan on 12/12 in the morning until it gets dark. What are the main characteristics of the light being too close? Ive noticed two of the nine plants have plants that look a little wilted on the tips at the bottom of the plant. Is this signs that nute burn is coming or is it from the light, or is it the leaves aren't getting enough light (since they are at the bottom?).:confused:

Can't tell for sure -- pics would help. It probably isn't from your light, though. Usually the top of the plant will show signs of burning before lower leaves because they are closer to the light.

as long as the plants are healthy and the leaf death isn't traumatic or progressing quickly.

A little leaf death at the bottems of the plants is normal. .. a little mind you..

Could this be from the nutrients getting on the leaves? I was watering yesterday and i might have gotten some on there. Could it be humidity problems?
Here are the pics!:guitar:

DSCF0700.JPG

DSCF0702.JPG

I´m not an expert, but I know that if your leaves are curling down it is a fertilizer problem. If your leaves curl up then it is a humidity problem. However, is this happening on all the leaves or only the bottom ones. It is normal for the bottom leaves to dry up and fall off but not for the upper ones. I would say it is from over fertilizing (if all leaves are curling), I would check the ph, and flush or give em a light dose of nutes and see how the react. Anyone else have any ideas?

It looks like you got nutes on your leaves. I had the same problem looked identical to yours. Its definetly from nutes.

Later

Hey Guys,
Sorry it has taken me so long to post some new stuff. Update: switched my plants over to 12/12 on the 10th. Everything is looking pretty nice, the plants tend to be from 18-24 inches. Issues: I don't know if there is some bug damage, heat damage or nute damage, so i attached some pics. Please help me out if you can! :joint4:

DSCF0703.JPG

DSCF0704.JPG

DSCF0705.JPG

DSCF0706.JPG

Latest posts

Back