My First Babies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hidesert

Reaction score
First time growing, first crop using 4 ft fl lights, 18-6 hours. Should the light be on 24-7 during this stage? The metal helps keep the plant straight while a fan is blowing on it. Comments are welcomed.
Started another crop in the growing containers. Any and all help is appreciated.

03-IMG_0202.jpg

11-IMG_0210.jpg

08-IMG_0207.jpg

07-IMG_0206.jpg

24/7 is good all the way thru Vegging. Keep the light( Floras) 3-4" from plant tops for best growth. Put the back of your hand up to the lights,,if it doesnt get to hot for your hand,,the plant will be fine. Very Important to keep lights close,,air moving at all times and watch your PH. For soil keep it as close to 6.8 as you can,, for Hydro 5.8. Plenty good people here with alot more knowledge then I,,so hang on for more info as you go. Happy Growing:hubba:

dont quote me on this but plants produce silica out doors naturally to b strong u dont want fans blowing on girls just above u want the plant to concentrate all on growing so bye silica and add to nutes from start

jimmycricket said:
dont quote me on this but plants produce silica out doors naturally to b strong u dont want fans blowing on girls just above u want the plant to concentrate all on growing so bye silica and add to nutes from start
wel, I DID "quote" you ..:rofl:..;)
I've never heard of plants 'producing silica".. silica is sand.:confused:..
IMHO.. "air movement" and light intensity are paramount to the strengthening of the stems. You don't necessari;y want the fan blowing directly on the seedlings, but you "do" want the air moving enough to make the plant/leaves "vibrate" or tremble slightly. This acts a lot like you going to the gym and working out or lifting weights.
The movement produces slight tears or rips in the cellular structure. When they mend/heal, they are stronger than before. Very much like your muscles after a workout.

Hick said:
wel, I DID "quote" you ..:rofl:..;)
I've never heard of plants 'producing silica".. silica is sand.:confused:..
IMHO.. "air movement" and light intensity are paramount to the strengthening of the stems. You don't necessari;y want the fan blowing directly on the seedlings, but you "do" want the air moving enough to make the plant/leaves "vibrate" or tremble slightly. This acts a lot like you going to the gym and working out or lifting weights.
The movement produces slight tears or rips in the cellular structure. When they mend/heal, they are stronger than before. Very much like your muscles after a workout.

:yeahthat: I have some seedlings that are 10 days old with 1/8 stalks.

you need to repot them and bury them up to the bottom set of leaves.

Latest posts

Back