My first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nOob grower

Reaction score
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27468

Link above has pictures where i started. I just got done moving my plant to a bigger pot, unfortunately while transplating to a bigger pot, the soil from the original cup fell apart as i bent down because my hand holding the bottom of the soil was temporarily removed a little bit as i bent down, i have a bad back and had a little pain bending down causing me to temporarily loosen up my hand. Hopefully all will be OK. Hopefully this weekend i will build my grow box, and get a few extra lights.

100_0099.JPG

100_0100.JPG

100_0101.JPG

100_0102.JPG

No change really. Just cleaned out a space in my closet and will hopefully build a box tomorrow or sometime this weekend. Also going to go look at some lighting so i can add a light or 2.

A little update. Plant still looks OK. The bottom 2 leaves are a bit yellow, and one has some brown spots on it (Help please, PH?). I sould be going tomorrow to buy some nutes, as I only have miracle grow, also another light, and maybe some materials to build a grow box.

here are some updated photos. Plant is noticibally showing growth of the 4th and fifth fan leaves, however, the first set of fan leaves are now showing signs of yellow burnt tips. I am using steam distilled water with MG nutes (I know most of you dont recommend them but i havent had money yet to get new nutes) and i am only using like 1/2 strength, if that. Any help would be appreciated. It doesnt seem to be affecting the whole plant but it seems to be moving up, started with the first set of leaves, which i was told would fall off anyways, but now its up to the first set of fan leaves. I do have those damn gnats, and they only show when i water. I didnt water for 2 days, then watered yesterday and had a few within 30 minutes, im thinking of not watering for the next few days to let the soil dry out completely again. Again any help is appreciated.

100_0110.JPG

100_0111.JPG

100_0112.JPG

100_0113.JPG

100_0114.JPG

100_0115.JPG

I hate those flies too! Do let you soil dry a bit, over watering is just as bad if not worse than under watering. The brown tips usually mean too many nutes. Your plants are pretty young so they shouldn't need a whole lot yet. If you are hitting them with nutes every water try just giving them water with out nutes the next time.

Well my Dad went into my room to turn off the light he seen on and noticed the plant. He knew i had it but had little faith that i could get it to grow. Told me to get it out of the house, so today i moved it to the garden :D. He found it there too, but doesnt really mind as he didnt say much when he went out there to check his tomatoes, just that its almost as bad as having it inside. Our garden is well hidden from surrounding neighbors so i am not worried about anyone noticing it, the only neighbors that could see it i dont think could make it down their patio steps to see it, nor do i think they could see that far anyways. I still have it in the pot i had it in in the house, but we have some tall flowers growing around the fence, and was thinking of planting it inbetween a few of those as camo (good idea or bad idea?). Ill grab some pics tomorrow, quite a bit of growth i noticed just in the past day.

Rogue said:
I hate those flies too! Do let you soil dry a bit, over watering is just as bad if not worse than under watering. The brown tips usually mean too many nutes. Your plants are pretty young so they shouldn't need a whole lot yet. If you are hitting them with nutes every water try just giving them water with out nutes the next time.

Only hit the plant with nutes once since i flushed it last week, and im not even at 1/2 stength, from reading this great forum i started a low dose and will slowly increase as needed. I will post pics tomorrow of the plant and where i am thinking of planting it for some advice from you great veterans;)

nice little ones. hope you can keep em outside. whats gonna happen when you surprise him and grow a beautiful 8ft monster packed with cola's...standin by for pics:)...oh,put a couple inches of sand or perlite on top of soil to stop gnats from gettin in it.

lyfr said:
nice little ones. hope you can keep em outside. whats gonna happen when you surprise him and grow a beautiful 8ft monster packed with cola's...standin by for pics:)...oh,put a couple inches of sand or perlite on top of soil to stop gnats from gettin in it.

I would like to keep it small, i have supercropped the main stem already, and if need be ill do some LST to keep it small also. I plan on keeping it outside, just not sure what to do with it, if i leave it in the planter i could always throw it in the shed when people are over so its not seen. I could also put it between my house and the neighbors house but there isnt constant sun during the day due to a large tree. The plan was to bring it to my buddys apartment but he has a hard time remembering to feed himself let alone a plant. I would just hate to see my lil science experiemt go to waste, i want to make it to atleast find out if it is a female or not.

Here are some pics i took today. The plant is loving the sun. The last 2 pics are where i am thinking of transplanting it.

100_0117.JPG

100_0118.JPG

100_0119.JPG

100_0120.JPG

100_0121.JPG

100_0122.JPG

nOob grower said:
Here are some pics i took today. The plant is loving the sun. The last 2 pics are where i am thinking of transplanting it.
looking 'goood' ;). "I" suggest you let it fill the pot, before transplant. No sense shocking it now. Once it has filled the pot with roots, it wil be less likely to fall apart during the move.

Just a lil update. Moved the plant back inside for now, until i find a suitable location outdoors. I have a piece of copper wire holding it up because it has become a lil top heavy and started falling over, because i didn't supercrop low enough. As soon as it recovers I will do some LST to keep it shorter for now.

100_0123.JPG

100_0124.JPG

100_0125.JPG

100_0127.JPG

100_0128.JPG

The plant looks very healthy. Very green.
What strain is it?

Latest posts

Back