my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keyspy2

Reaction score
This is my first grow...I have not posted in a while because of computer issues, but thats taken care of now. I want to thank everyone on this site for all of their great comments/addvice...I wish we could all live on the same street and have a huge block party together. I am about two weeks away from flowering and my plants are very bushy..I was wondering if their is any advantage to trimming off some of the lower branches? I am not going to pinch/cut the tops or do any LST on this crop, my reasons are I want to know all I can about growing, and need to see what happens If I do neither. Any Thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated

100_3537.JPG

100_3538.JPG

100_3539.JPG

100_3540.JPG

100_3541.JPG

100_3542.JPG

100_3543.JPG

100_3544.JPG

100_3545.JPG

HI,

Things look like they're coming along real nice with your grow. Is that a filter of some type in the corner of your room? I notice your hood looks great for air cooling... are your temps okay without pulling the heat off those bulbs with ductwork? Everything looks great... very clean room. I would suggest that you try to get the light a bit closer to your gals to keep the nodes really tight for flowering and for overall height control. And you can probably be a bit flexible on when you start your 12/12 depending on how tall they're getting. You'll want to flower with plenty of head room to allow them to double or triple in size depending on the strain. Yours looks like some nice squat, Indica dominant plants so they'll more than likely double in size or maybe a bit more. I flowered my Afghani Mazar plants at around 15" and they are about 36-38" right now and they're not going up much anymore in mid week 6 (day 32).

Letting it grow au naturale is a great way to get a good foundation on learning how this amazing plant grows. If you let your girls go to fruition as lil Xmas trees it's is a good idea to thin things out down below as any buds on the lower 1/3 of your girls will be starved for light and only produce wispy buds... Some people keep the lower branches and use the less developed buds for extracting thc out of them. If you would like all the flowering to concentrate on the top of the plant with the most light exposure, I'd suggest using a careful touch and removing all the branching on the lower 1/3 of the plant. Your plants will slow down and take a couple of days to get back to normal growth after pruning but they'll be just fine. As far as removing the lower fan leaves, usually I keep them. I think if you have a good 6" of space from the soil surface to the bottom leaves for air circulation you can let the leaves stay. They'll eventually die off as your grow continues, just keep an eye on your plants and remove the fallen leaves.

Happy Growing!:cool:

W.B.P.
:cop:(Wispy Bud Patrol):cop:

that is actually a fan in the corner, heat was a problem but now never gets above 79f (as far as I know) I have the exhast going outside to my herb garden, so smell is nothing. I am not getting any light stretch, so should I move the light closer? the seeds were lemmon skunk fem(the cheapest fem seeds I could find) this is my trial run. My plants do seem to be able to handle any amount of nutes I give them, I have one nute that says its for "transition" do I use it before I switch to 12/12 or after. Thanks for the comments.

Latest posts

Back