my plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lazydays here is a better shot of the lights so you can see the light bars kade and i are talking about.

cflroom3.jpg

cflroom4.jpg

cyberquest said:
lazydays here is a better shot of the lights so you can see the light bars kade and i are talking about.
hey cyber hows it going bro? i just wanted to know a little more about the lights what kind are they and how much they cost u and did u get them at home depot cause i like that lite set up its prety kool ok thanx man peace

:D Thank you cyber that makes things a lot easier for me...good luck with those BEAutiful babies.

here are some pics, i will go snap some more here in a second but these are the ones that i took when the batteries went dead.

and we had three more show their sex! we now have 3 MORE FEMALES BABY!! so thats 4 out of 5 we have in flower that are females and just one left to show its sex. heck i almost want it to be a male to free up some room, but believe me that i wont complain too much if its female too!

first two pics are the one thats about 4 weeks or so into flower, the other one was the first of the ones to show sex.

there is a good example too of taking pics under the HPS, first pic is standing outside the room away from the light using the zoom all the way in, the other is just unside the room and holding the cam close.

bud.jpg

bud2.jpg

bud3.jpg

Sticky_Budz said:
hey cyber hows it going bro? i just wanted to know a little more about the lights what kind are they and how much they cost u and did u get them at home depot cause i like that lite set up its prety kool ok thanx man peace

alot of mine came from, walmart, and lowes, they ran $6.44 a two pack for 26w 1600 lumens 6500k, and i think about $10 for a 4 pack of the 26w 1600 lumens 2700k bulbs. there are 12 bulbs toatlly, 10 2700k and two 6500k ones. i want it to be 6 6500k's and 4 2700k's which will happen with tax returns along with maybe some side bar lights as well to up the light even more.

i think in the end after this first round of plants i think i will only run just one room after that. we should get a good little pile of weed since we have 4 females already out of 10 plants so far, and could very well be at very least probably 2 more females maybe more.

i think its going to be the CFL room as apposed to the the HPS room, that big HID light puts out massive heat, my exhaust fan came loose and temps jumped to 107 degrees, with the 4in cfm intake fan still functioning not good. the cfl room with no air moving at all in or out hightest its ever gotten is like 92 degrees. with fans moving we are a ideal temp of about 75 degrees.

some more pics.

pic1- flower room
pic2- one of the newley discovered females
pic3- another female discovery
pic4- main bud one the oldest plant (4 weeks into flower)
pic5- other buds on the oldest one

flower.jpg

girl1.jpg

girl2.jpg

main.jpg

budspots.jpg

well the 5th plant showed its sex, ANOTHER FEMALE !
and the mutant one in the CFL room showed too, its a female as well!

so we now have 6 females out of ten plants. all bagseeds so i am pretty impressed with everything so far.

i have four other plants that never made it into big containers because i dont have the room for anymore but they have been getting pretty big in the small containers they are in so i think this week when i get paid we will get them into big pots and put them under the flouro tubes i have.

with 6 females so far looks like we are gonna end up with more smoke then we first thought, i am super excited!

Hey CQ. Congrads on all girls man! Great job. It's all those 6,500k lights during veg. The plants are looking great man and you know I agree with you on the flourescents over HID. I'll be following along.

thats the thing i dont have a bunch of 6500k, there are only 2 out of 12 of the bulbs that are 6500k, the rest are 2700k which everyone screams is a flowering bulb.
they also say more blue light promotes more females, i got 5 out of 5 females sitting in my flower room that says different. i think the enviormental conditions have more to do with it then the lights, then again i could have just got lucky as heck.

either way i am tickled to death.

thank you now i know i was right

im start doubting in all that blue and red spectrums if you provide a lot of light plant will ejoy it as much as anything else

yeah with the female ratio i am getting so far i am NOT going to change anything. considering that these are all BAGSEED plants from different mixes of street bought weed we have collected i think things are going great.

cant wait to order some good seeds, but we have a pretty good supply of the bagseeds so why not use them up since they are FREE.

that what im doing man its the best wey as long as you got good street product

Cq, hey what's up? Yeah, that heat from an HID, viscious!

Congrats on the females! It's cool to have run the table! :D

Too bad you couldn't grow some cloners side by side, but just by having good results through flower will be significant. It's not a lot of lumens but hey, I don't think it's been established what is the optimal level so interesting to see!

brouli said:
im start doubting in all that blue and red spectrums if you provide a lot of light plant will ejoy it as much as anything else
Brouli, I'd reconsider heh heh... With CQ's setup a combo of 6500 and 2700 he is getting a lot of reds and blues. Yellow-greens are much less useful to a plant. Reds also regulate circadian rhythm so if you don't have them flowering will be affected.

what i cant wait to see is the difference in the plants in flower, since i am now using the CFL room to flower too it will be interesting to see how they compair to the ones under the 400w HPS.

the HPS works but if i can achieve the same grow with CFL's then why am i wasting money burning that hot light. its not the light along, its the high power fans i have to have running non-stop to keep it an acceptable temp in the grow room.

i also have sitting here 2 175 Metal Halide lights but have had no reason to install them anywhere since the CFL's seem to be pulling their own wieght just fine.

Yeah good point CQ. It will be interesting to see how your experiment turns out.

Hmmm...Well now you've got me thinking I need to throw some red bulbs in my closet. One thing I've noticed is that while my plants look very healthy and the roots were very strong when I transplanted, there hasn't been alot of leaf growth. Maybe some red light would be helpful for that. I'll bet you $20 the CFL is going to be a better grow in the end (at least I'm hoping so!!) Later.

here are some pics of my fans.

first pic- cfl room fan
second pic- cfl room fan (50cfm bathroom fan $12)
third pic- Hps room fan (300cfm exhaust fan)
fourth pic- intake fan Hps room (50cfm 4in inline duct fan)
fifth pic- where exhaust fan exit thru the ceiling of the closet going outside
sixth pic- main bud on oldest plant in flower

cflfan.jpg

cflfan2.jpg

hpsfan.jpg

hpsfan2.jpg

fanexit.jpg

bud.jpg

This will be interesting. Our money is on the hps, good luck to you cyberquest.

well we have one more female, thats 7 out of 10 so far!

first pic- top bud of one of the plants in the CFL room
second pic- CFL grow room closet

the plants in the CFL room look so much more healthy then the HPS ones. they arent stretching out like the ones under the HPS, now we will just have to see how the buds compair.

its kind of an unfair compairison because the lumens are much lower in the CFL closet then the HPS closet.

HPS closet - 53,000 lumens / 8 = 6625 lumens per sq ft
CFL closet - 19,800 lumens /6 = 3300 lumens per sq ft

but like i said in my CFL 101 topic, light intensity decreases by about 50% for every foot away from the plants it is. so that 6625 lumens is really only 3312 lumens cause the light is about 14 inches away from the top branches.

in the CFL closet the lights are about 2 inches away from the top branches, and only about 10 inches away from the lowest branches. so even light hitting the lower branches is still less then a foot away providing good light source to those branches as well.

this is where i think the CFL's will allow more growth to the bottom branches without having to LST the plant. but i still need to up my lumens a little bit to make it closer to the stated "5000-6000 lumens are needed for flowering".

bud.jpg

cfl.jpg

Latest posts

Back