my slow grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middieman440

i am unknown
Reaction score
ok heres what i got so far im trying to grow auto ak/auto blueberry from lowlife "attitude" i planted them in soil after they germed for 2 days.that was on 3/03/09 and today 3/10/09 see pics...is this slow growth for an auto or normal.. im using a mix of cfl's for lighting 2, 23 watt daylights one unknown small daylight cfl 2, 26 watt soft whites and one 42 watt soft wihite..and a fan on low..soil is jiffy seed starting mix wich im using for entire grow...added bone meal before planting 1-10-0 n-p-k.using regular tap water "24hr stand still"havent waterd in 2 days because in middle of the 2 gallon pots the soil is still moist...would it matter that when i water mainly all the water goes in the middle of the pot???curious about that..i have no temp readings but area is very comftorable 60-70 f....no clue about ph and all that stuff cant find any at wal-mart...umm anything else that needs to be known please ask me although i think i coverd the baisics of everything....is baisics a word...wow im shot but yeah any info would be good...

plants 001.jpg

plants 002.jpg

Im not entirely sure, someone else will chime in and correct me if im wrong, but I dont think you want phosphorus concentration that high.

But, youll want to treat your water to start. Ph of tap water for me has been running at around 7-7.5 for me, and youll want it at 5.5-6 really. You can do this by adding viniger or citric acid (lemons?) I couldnt tell ya how much exactly to treat a gallon, but you can probably find that online. Also, let the water rest. It may have chlorine in it to kill bacteria. Letting it rest will let it gas out of it, usually 2-3 days will be fine.

If the soil is moist, youre fine. I think youre better off underwatering than overwatering. I didnt water mine for the first week really, maybe 10ml over the course of it.

Are you saying that you have them in a 2gal pot already though? Thatll be rough to water a small plant in a pot that big, as it wont be able to use most of it till much later.

i only added maybe a tablespoon of bonemeal to each of the pots but put it in the middle of the soil then mixed it in then added rest of soil,,did it that way thinking when they get bigger the roots be near the nutes...im gonna check them again later when lights come on and when i wake up..maybe the grew haha probably not...thought autoflowers grow fast...

Im doing my first grow, and the difference between week 1, and week 2 was huge.

Plants grow on like a bell curve. Theyll get HUGE all of a sudden as soon as they get roots and leaves thatll be able to catch light/nutes.

Well I'd never plant new seedlings in 2 gallon pots as its always best to pot up in stages but with autoflowerers it's best to maybe have one pot up and add perlite to your mix as one small seedling can't fill out that pot before the furthest parts from the roots get anaerobic(as it never dries out),hence perlite being needed really.

As has been said,knowing your ph is important and you can get meters but also paper strip test kits that are good if on a tight budget.

So if it were me I'd repot in a smaller pot,let the roots fill out and then pot into the 2 gallon with perlite added.

ok new pics, plants are going good i guess but one is growing weird though, the second set of leaves are looking like the first sprout leaves kinda strange to me....what do you guys think...1st pic is one thats growing weird,,2 roundish leaves with a cluster of smalllllll leaves in middle..sorry about quality these are cell pics.... only put up 2 pics because the other one looks same as 2nd pic maybe a lil bit bigger leaves..

plants 005.jpg

plants 007.jpg

im thinking i either have 1 male and 2 females or 2 males and one female..or a hermi and vice versa but still too early to tell i know lol im bored :eek:

Your ok. You won't know what it is for a while. Patience is definately a vertue when it comes to growing.
Just give em your love til flower. Then when you see that male kill the little bastard. Kill him bad!!
Lol.green mojo your way

:holysheep: no no no kill the male im making babies hehe im hoping i get a mix 1m 2f-2f 1m one of each at least:eek:

They look fine. You gotta remember that a typical harvest isnt till the end of 2.5-3 months from seed. Youre only a week in.

Mine are lookin a little droopy/rounder in the begining, but they have since begun to really grow.

well i thought they wer sposed to grow fast show sex in 7-14 days i see other pics of plants at 6 days and look much much diffrent from mine i must be doing something wrong :(

hey midd, i think you are too anxious. let them grow. even w/ auto flower you at least need one or more week till it starts flower. (also you need to change your lighting to 12-12) like city says patience. it takes at least one week for good amount of growth for hydro. i think soil grows a lil slower so give it some time.

they recomend 20/4 12/12 isnt needed as from what they say...and yeah im anxious i think i just need to relax a bit and wait it out thanks for the reply guy...

planted on 3/3/09/ so heres more pics to those who are interested!! 12 days old from when seeds cracked.also a pic of one the few spots i found...what do you guys think..one of them has a brown spot on leaves and a green dot on each side of plants near first "node"

plants 003.jpg

plants 004.jpg

plants 005.jpg

plants 002.jpg

they looking pretty good to me man ur soil doesnt look saturated looks like u have everything going good so far!

i waterd today but the soil was still moist from prevoius watering so im not going to water for at least 3 days unless needed....hopefully they show sex within this week i forget exactly how long it takes for this strain to show...

there was a very slight skunk smell today in my room and there only few days old..hmm maybe the fun is starting...should show sex at end of this week.so i hope..13 days old so far..also on one plant the leaves started drooping.happend once before and went away i think it was from heat since i had the 42watt cfl close to it so i moved it away..

middieman440 said:
there was a very slight skunk smell today in my room and there only few days old..hmm maybe the fun is starting...should show sex at end of this week.so i hope..13 days old so far..also on one plant the leaves started drooping.happend once before and went away i think it was from heat since i had the 42watt cfl close to it so i moved it away..

I think that you are going to have at least a couple of weeks before you are going to be able to tell the sex. If the leaves are drooping, you are probably watering too much. You are going to want to be able to keep you lights within inches of the top of the plants. Since this is a soil grow, you want your pH around 6.0-6.8. Do not use "foodstuff" (lemon juice, vinegar) to adjust your pH--they break down too fast and are not effective. Get pH up and down--a product made for adjusting pH. Do not give your plant any nutrients yet (the bonemeal was probably not a good idea).

Latest posts

Back