My very first clones or... the woes of 3 strains.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ciao: puasurfs

I allways do LST with my Moms/donors to help keep small while in veg....I only hold down the main stems...the shoots in the middle I let get big enough to take as a clone...and if no clones are needed I then take the clipping and place in the fridge...give away..or simply discard....main thing to remember is that we want the cannopy the same hight allways..

removeing the lower popcorn buds is needed on a good size LST job because no light will get to them and plant can focus on the main colas...( is what I think you seen)...hope this helps...mojo for the flower...oh and you can use a GREEN light to enter dureing flower...as long as when ya open the grow no light gets in...I do most of my waterings and inspections in the GREEN Room:D

take care and be safe

just pull the stems to a 90* angle from the stalk and continue to hold he parralel(sp) to the soil...heres a pic of the one Im doing outback in a garbage can..I pulled her lowers down to reach the edge of can and then next set parallel...and plan to Fimm her at 4 foot....by doing this all the lower bud sites will pop up like collas..

P5240012.JPG

P5240013.JPG

P5240015.JPG

P5240017.JPG

P5240024.JPG

And I agree. How can I get mine to look like this?

As 4u has mentioned that is one way and a very good way.
There are a number of ways to do this depending on your space available.
I have and usually just bend over the main cola when in flower. The out side branches catch up. I do this indoors. There is a pic in my grow journal(see sig) of this technique. (Back left in the pics.)
Outdoors I have bent over 10' girls and tied down the main stalk to nearly on the ground. Each branch then acted like a main cola. Some of the biggest colas I have ever grown.

Just need to find what technique works best for you.:)

You have some great help here, you are on your way!
Greenest of mojo, Pua.

4u2sm0ke said:
just pull the stems to a 90* angle from the stalk and continue to hold he parralel(sp) to the soil...heres a pic of the one Im doing outback in a garbage can..I pulled her lowers down to reach the edge of can and then next set parallel...and plan to Fimm her at 4 foot....by doing this all the lower bud sites will pop up like collas..

Thanks 4u~
Wow! They look beautiful and perfect to me.

If you look back a page or two you can see I have done this to ALL except a few indicas, esp look at the one titled: "AK EXTREME LST" bc those stems were so maliable that I could take em all the way down, the Sour Diesel and Sweet Dreams just got the usual 90+ degree bend (main shoot as far down as possible to redistribute hormones), with all the MAIN BRANCHES LST'd on ALL the rest of the plants.

I now call MY LST Technique: "Pua's MJ-Ninja-Origami-LST"! :chuck: (Patent pending, of course) I have newly acquired skillz.

*The question is ALL the tiny little shoots that are poppinp up in between. I'll cut and crop the pic so that I may better show you what I mean, my bad. :D

"Pua's MJ-Ninja-Origami-LST"! :chuck:
(Please, if you are not aware, see JOKE from previous post).

Sour Diesel and an AK-47 LST'd
S7300413.JPGS7300414.JPG
There are literally hundreds of these little ones
S7300412-001.JPGS7300417.JPG
It's like when I'm @ the beach and the wind is blowin and it's NOT the hair that's already in the pony tail it's all those little fly away's that are making me crazy-err. :rofl:
LIL EFF'N Shoots.jpg
Ok ok... I'll just leave 'em. :icon_smile:

Rosebud said:
You have some great help here, you are on your way!
Greenest of mojo, Pua.

:welcome: Aloha Rosie~

Yes there is, I sure hope I am, and thank you for checkin up on me and da mojo sista'!

But you know I still miss you, right? :p

:ciao: I'm in need of some sun on my shoulders today... spak ya laytah~

Ok ok... I'll just leave 'em.

Most definitely:D

Looks like you started lst at an early age. When all these little fly-aways reorient themselves to the light, they become the colas.

Looking nice to me.:aok:

pcduck said:

Looks like you started lst at an early age. When all these little fly-aways reorient themselves to the light, they become the colas.

I agree..but depends of the size of the LST plant..I also will remove some the smaller shoots in the center if its going to be tight Quat=rters..I remover every other node site to allow the ones left to get better light and space..;) ..I like the puas nija tech:D

pcduck said:

:welcome: Much thanks pcd for poppin in and since I got ya lemme ask ya this~

Take, for example, a whole entire "branch" let's call it, full length from stem connection to the very tip (the main TIP on that particular branch). My longest ones now are about 12" (they were once the bottom ones, of course and therefore the oldest/longest) and on that whole entire "branch" there's the main cola-site at the very tip and several little ones (the "fly away hairs" so to speak like 3 or 4) along the way.

Kinda seems to me that since I have approx. 10-14 MAIN Branch tips LST'd wouldn't these be those lil pop-corn kinda ones? :confused2:

I am afraid to cut em now tho, would it shock the plant or would the saved energy make up for that? Hmmmm...

:ciao: Mucho grande A L O H A pcd :D

4u2sm0ke said:
I agree..but depends of the size of the LST plant..I also will remove some the smaller shoots in the center if its going to be tight Quat=rters..I remover every other node site to allow the ones left to get better light and space..;) ..I like the puas nija tech:D

:welcome: Yeah I don't wanna just start cutting stuff off before I know so I will be :watchplant: 'cause I'd rather have 10-14 better ones then 25 lesser (so would everybody else I realize but I'm buzzed :p ).

:laugh: Tee hee hee @ Pua's-Mj-Ninja-LST'ing! Thank you btw.

Ok if I am getting this right you are asking about the lower branches of the branches that have re-aliened itself towards the light source. I treat these just like I do with the lower branches of a plant not lst'ed(ie: lollypop/removal of lower branches or use the popcorn buds for hash), when growing indoors. Outdoors I just let them go.

If to long in flower I would just let them go if indoors. Next tell you will know what to look for and what it looks like and will be much easier.:)

When I lst I treat each branch as if it is an individual plant, as far as pruning.

Dan K. Liberty said:
:rofl: good one pua

That's what i love about this forum there's so many people using so many different grow techniques successfully it's just amazing . . . great to learn what everyone else is doing and try a few new tricks :hubba:

Girls are looking great, glad that nute issue is all cleared up . . .

:ciao: Aloha DKL am very glad that I could make you laugh... mission accomplished!

I am about to post a few picks (along with the usual questions) and a couple will be of those Swt Dreams Indicas.

I cannot be certain, because with out a lab and some sophisticated testing :)confused2: I have absolutely no idea, seriously it could be easy for all I know), but it kinda looked like they might have just been starving for nutes. Hard to believe since it was new soil but they have only gotten bigger and healthier at every feeding since. Or... whatever, right?

Mj is a fast growing plant and once she gets going they really feed alot.

Of course some strains are more so then others but once you grow them once you know what to look for in that strain as far as feeding habits

:welcome: Aloha my fellow MP'ers appreciate ya stoppin by and providing me with the much needed "Adult-Supervision" so thank you so very much (= Mahalo Mucho Grande' :p )~

I am learning to live with the "separation-anxiety" produced by my 12/12 schedule and have taken to cleaning. I'm contemplating emptying out my office and converting it to VEG room just to stay busy at something else besides the actual cleaning of the house, but toooo bad for pua :rolleyes: ! But I digress, as per usual...

Just wanted to post a lil sarcasm on my GJ since, afterall, it is my first language. :rofl:

So very glad I am using FF Open Sesame to control the S-T-R-E-T-C-H bc otherwise I'd have to remove my ceiling I guess...

(pics1 & 2) Sour D has almost stretched taller than the indicas (back ground) not LST'd (I have a few indica I did nothing to, to see what the difference would be).

(pic3) An updated pic of the aforementioned indica. (shhhhh tho... I think they may have "food issues" bc she's only happy when fed-why not, she's Hawaiian too :rofl:)

:ciao: Thank you for stoppin by today and checkin in on me. I need all the "Adult-Supervision" I can attain :p

S7300423.JPGstretch2.jpgS7300421.JPG

Almost forgot, I am only 3 days in to flower so my questions are:

Is it ok to still adjust the wire hooks to bring (some of) them further to the edges or am I meant to NOT STRESS them at all when in flower?

By removing those lil fly aways (during flowering), would that be too stressful? (I will experiment on a few if not, and compare later)

**Was wondering if ppl could give me a run down on some of the more COMPLETE MJ books? I have Cervantes' Indoor Growing & Bible. You know they just kinda touch on everything a lil bit but do not delve that far in to specifics. I want a couple more and i don't care if they're $20. or $200. as long as they're good ones.

It's ok if they're a lil technical and on the "science-ee" side, I will muddle through with merriam by my side. Mahalo Mucho Grande!

:ccc: Pakalolo time brah~

pcduck said:
Mj is a fast growing plant and once she gets going they really feed alot.

Of course some strains are more so then others but once you grow them once you know what to look for in that strain as far as feeding habits

I understand now why they sell em in those HUGE-Many-Gallon-Serving-Sizes.

I have ALWAYS underfed bc of my fear of over doing it... I am building up to it slowly but a lil more aggresively.

I gave 1/4 strength nutes today :eek: bc I thought they needed some BLOOM-Nutrition. I'm jammin' on the OS next time, I promise ya that! :p

:ciao: Thank you pcd~

Is it ok to still adjust the wire hooks to bring (some of) them further to the edges or am I meant to NOT STRESS them at all when in flower?

Yes this would be ok. I keep doing it till after the stretch.

By removing those lil fly aways (during flowering), would that be too stressful? (I will experiment on a few if not, and compare later)

I also see no problem with this either. You are only in day 3 and as long as the generics are good and stable should not stress them out that bad.

Sorry no grow books here. I use our resource pages and our forum members instead of books.

http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/botany.html

pcduck said:
Yes this would be ok. I keep doing it till after the stretch.

I also see no problem with this either. You are only in day 3 and as long as the generics are good and stable should not stress them out that bad.

Sorry no grow books here. I use our resource pages and our forum members instead of books.

http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/botany.html

Oh ok then, thank you!

And if NO books then...

I'll just amble on ov'a to ur gj because I have seen the wonderous beauties you've been rearing :icon_smile: ! Seriously tho... ur gj is amazing on the really good ridiculous side I've noticed. :p

Latest posts

Back