N Deficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manels1111

Master Noob
Reaction score
I notice couple of my farthest along lowryder 2 have some yellow discoloring. They continue to grow but, I haven't really given them any nitrogen nutes as they went right into flower at 15 days old.

Fox farm ocean forest soil
Fox farm tiger, bloom, and Open sasame at 1/2 strength twice. The plants is 36 days old. My ph runoff is 6.6

What do you think.

nitro.jpg

Maybe give her a little bit of veg. nutes to pump the nitrogen up a little next time around?

If she is almost done growing, has a week or two left, she should probably look like that and her leaves should be turning yellow. Could you give a little more information about your grow. I'm also growing autoflowering seeds and I have about 3 weeks left. I've had yellowing for a while although I think mine was nutes burn related. I do expect them to start yellowing up more as the weeks go by though. Keep us posted and happy growing.

Thanks guys they are only 36 days old. I have probably 34 more days to go minimum I think so not sure. If they were further along I wouldn't worry about it.

That looks like a magnesium deficiency. Notice how the yellowing isn't uniform across the whole leaf, like a nitrogen deficiency. The veins remain green, as is common with a magnesium deficiency. I don't know for sure, there's my guess.

Could be magnesium. My water is pretty hard from a well though. Might have a lot of copper is what the resource says. I will add a little epsom salt see how it goes.

Doesn't hard water contain calcium carbonate? If so, I understand that too much calcium can interfere with magnesium uptake. I don't know if that is the case though; I'm only going by what I think I remember about calcium and magneium. However, reverse osmosis water is what the man at the hydro store advised me to use, and a lot of people around here use it too.

Yeah, try the Epsom salt, that might correct your problem. Remember that with magnesium deficiencies (If that's what it is) treatment with a magnesium supplement should correct it, but the yellow leaves will remain yellow; they will not turn green again. If you fix the problem your new growth should be green, though.

Looks similar to this.

Problems with sulfur being locked out by PH problems.

Sulfur (S) Micro Nutrient and an Immobile element

Sulfur plays an important role in root growth, chlorophyll supply and plant proteins. Just like iron, Sulfur moves slowly in the plant, hotter temps will make Sulfur harder to absorb like iron. But unlike iron, Sulfur is distributed evenly throughout the plant, mainly the big fan leaves. Sulphur is also a very important element in vegetative growth.

First signs of a Sulfur deficiency are pale young leaves. The growth of leaves will remain slow, but the leaves can also get brittle and stay narrower than normal. Can also have small mutated leaves, along with the buds on top of flowering plants will die off. The growth if the plant can be stunted as well as yellowing of the younger leaves and new growth. Unlike a magnesium deficiency where it starts from the leaves tip and around, sulfur starts from the back of the leaves on forward to the middle of the leaves. The Stems become Hard, thin and may be woody. Some of the plants may show orange and red tints rather than yellowing. The stems will increase in length but not in diameter. Leaves will then be stiff and brittle like glass and fall off soon. Parts affected by a Sulfur deficiency are: The whole plant can be affected as well as young leaves, leaf veins.

Too much Sulfur will cause your plants to be small along with the size of your leaves, along with your leaves being brown and dead looking at the tips. An excess of sulfur can also look like salt damage, restricted growth and dark color damage.

Thanks guys. I'm going to try some epsom salt see how it goes. You can actually see in the picture that the very newest growth is fine. So I might have corrected it already. Its not really spreading. I really think I haven't given them enough nutes being 1/2 strength nutes only two times and they are 36 days old.

Have you figured out whats going on? I'm going to give them a full dose of the only nutes I have MC bloom formula. I've been giving them half dose and I'm going to give them another half dose today (2 halfs this week) hopefully they'll fatten up.

Nope I just watered with full strength nutes today. Just going to play it by ear. Doesn't seem like its spreading so might have already been corrected.

was going to say ph but HIE beat me to the punch. thats ok it wasnt even spiked. its all yours! lol :)

In my opinion its not ph. I have a ph meter I calbrate on occasion. In addition its really only efecting this one plant and I water from the same ph'd bucket of water. But as you can see it definantly effected it. This is also my superman plant. I think it matured so quickly it needed something I wasn't giving as I had only water 1 time with nutes by the time it was starting.

I would say it was lacking of something but better corrected had I just applied more nutes early on.

PH runoff water going in 6.7 coming out the bottom 6.6
Well its showing up on three plants what I think is definantly N defiency or is everything normal? The fan leaves stem are very purple now and some of the fan leaves are sagging pretty good.

Only three plants are getting the lighting up top. Plants are 41 days old lowryder. They have about 29 more days roughly. Is it normal?

I just foliar fed a light amount of fox farm grow big on the three suspect plants.

What do you guys think?

Pict 1 you can see the problem
Pict 2 left one is bad right one is one of the good ones.

nitro.jpg

nitro2.jpg

Latest posts

Back