Need Help With Ventilation For Apartment!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont wanna seem like a hatta or anything man and i know i came off really negative but, i just dont wanna see ya, much less anyone, go down for some crap. just watch your back bro

this really is a silly argument. fact of the matter is that unless you do not have a rental agreement, your landlord MUST give you 24 hrs notice, unless yes, like mentioned above, there is an emergency such as a flood or fire and in that case you wouldn't argue it anyway... we do not live in nazi germany here, well, at least i don't, and as a part of my rights not just anyone can come into my house unannounced, regardless if they are the landlord or not. We all have a right to our personal space, especially if we are paying for it...

If this has happened to you or your friends, you either have been taken advantage of and did not read your agreement or did not have one at all...

I must say however that I speak for MY country and I am unaware of where anyone here is from... but i can say i speak for most FREE countries... ;)

bluealein56 said:
i dont wanna seem like a hatta or anything man and i know i came off really negative but, i just dont wanna see ya, much less anyone, go down for some crap. just watch your back bro

i second that. dont want to see anyone go down...:eek:

curiouscat420 said:
.. but i can say i speak for most FREE countries... ;)

Livin it up in the land of the free but isnt it odd that even in this land your not free enough to own certain plants.? aghh anyways thats a totally different conversation all in its own. And yeah your right there suppose to give you a 24 hours notice, im just sayin they dont always go by that and yeah you might get them on the invasion of privacy issue id just nto have to come across that issue all together. Lets just sum this one up by saying use your desctretion and do what you see fit to be safe for your liking. to each his own. Now lets all go stare at our plants
:lama:

tchashow said:
well im planning on doing a 10 plant dwc recirculating system....if i do managed to get an ounce per plant i will only have 10 ounces and 10 ounces can be used by me in a matter of 6 months....
My friend, you can use 25% of that area, two 400 HPS and get more than a pound of weed.

My best advice is to wait awhile on your grow until you learn exactly how to do it correctly with the best use of space. You can learn to do so by doing no more than reading what is already available here on this site.

It'll take some time, some patience, and a LOT OF READING of what is already here.

Why rush to do it wrong when you can take a little more time and do it right?

RIGHT NOW! = WRONG NOW

In the space you have, I could grow 5 pounds in one crop.

Quit trying to rush. Read this site. Read the grow manuals. It's already here. "My friend said" and "I've heard" are unnecessary.

Did I mention that everything you need to know to do it right is already posted on this site?

All you have to do is slow down and read it.

Good luck to you man!

bluealein56 said:
Livin it up in the land of the free but isnt it odd that even in this land your not free enough to own certain plants.? aghh
Don't even start with that nonsense. You've never lived in a country that isn't free or you wouldn't even consider saying that. I have. I've lived in many countries where the cop who catches you can take you outside and shoot you. Please, don't confuse political baloney with freedom. Thanks.

Even if you do have 24 hours notice, what are you going to do with the plants, equipment, and smell? Gonna hide all of the stuff in your car, and hope your neighbors don't notice you moving stuff covered in trash bags?

Laws state that 24 hours must be given before a landlord can enter your home UNLESS there is fire, flood, or Blood!

bluealein56 said:
probably not the best idea to grow in apartment, or even any place that you are renting from for that matter. they legally have the right to come in that apartment at any time with or with out your consent whether you are there or not.now thats not something i would want to deal with or risk. But since you are doin that it sounds like you should be good on your vents. i wouldnt use any fan smaller than 500 cfm especially considering your in an apartment and make sure you use a carbon scrubber of some sort, it will deftinatley smell. And its gonna heat up pretty good with two 600 w in the there. How tall is the grow area by the way? remember let your intake come out somehwere low in your gro space and vent up towards the top of the room. Remember hot air rises.

salmonfisher420 said:
Laws state that 24 hours must be given before a landlord can enter your home UNLESS there is fire, flood, or Blood!
Are you sure that is an actual law, not just a generally accepted practice? I'd make sure that was written in the lease, and check my local state's laws.And then I'd find somewhere else to grow.

yes it IS a law, or it certainly is in the UK. I don;t have any info offhand to back myself up, but in my second year of uni i had awful problems with my landlord coming in whenever he wanted and leaving us with a mouldy bathroom and no heating, no washing machine etc etc and I went to citizens advice and some law people that i can't remember the name of now and they gave me a LOT of info on the laws of what landlords and tennants can or cannot do. After that we bought one of those chains for the front door so he couldn't come in when we were in, but if i'd have been there longer than a year i probably would have changed the lock or something.

I wasn;t growing in that house, but i wish i was now, as i had a wicked cupboard for it :hubba: hehe

I dont trust it! In my lease it says that they can come in our appartmen ANYTIME without my permission!!!! But we are careful!

the pale rider said:
I dont trust it! In my lease it says that they can come in our appartmen ANYTIME without my permission!!!! But we are careful!
The only way to be careful under that situation is to grow somewhere else.

i definitely do not think there is an argument on whether or not people can be UNcool-sauce, yes, that is true... i'd just get a big damn lock (after market) for the inside or just pay a guy to come and change your locks... cash ;) (that way you get a heads up at the very least)... and it is fun to be stealthy anyway, so take some effort in that dude, the more you put in the more youll get out!

Changing your locks, and not giving the landlord a key, is a violation of every lease I have ever seen. And I know it is in the lease that I make my tenants sign.

:yeahthat:
Now that is highly illegal. remember people you dont own the property, you lease it. That means you have no right to lock the landlord out of any building or room or closet or cupboard. No he cant go through your belongings but what if he does and holds it over your dead. hmmmm Black mail? or maybe he sees it, doenst tell you and just sends in a few anonymous tips to the police that there is a pugnent smell of growing marijuana, even though there isnt. Because the landlord will probably discover a grow in an illegal entry, chances are your not gonna know he found it cause you might be gone, and just because they find it illegally doesnt mean they are just gonna over look it yes it may or may not be legal for them to come in at certain times, but who is to say they dont already or wont do so in the future. Just decide if its really worth it. And yes doo much more research, you will never stop learning

And potus, im not arguing that you probably did live in countries where i cant even imagine the tyranny and in privacies. yes i know i live in a country where i have many freedoms. Im just stating the irony. And how silly some laws are. Im really not gonna go into those, my point is no i dont take my freedoms and justices for granted. Plus why would i want to enter a fued with an amazing farmer such as yourself.

if a landlord is going to barge in on you, then you can change the dang locks... hehe...

i really think that it would be cheap and easy to put together a little cabinet...lock it up, carbon filter that mutha! roll dat ****

I believe, Jay Leno, Is in fact... A Ball-Chinian.
:bongin: :48: :bongin:

bluealein56 said:
:yeahthat:
Now that is highly illegal.

And growing pot isn't? :p

Ok this person mainly wanted info on how to vent their grow, not a lecture in the law and the do's and don'ts, although very important but I think we've made our point. Its his choice if and where he grows and how much, we can only advise. So lets try not to get into an argument :48:

Latest posts

Back