Need Help With Ventilation For Apartment!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back to venting the space...

i would use 4" ducting, it is REALLY cheap, small and easy to put around stuff... dont cut holes in the wall, just buy a thick black tarp and cut it to fit your space nicely and cut holes in that.. how come there are no pics of your space...

bluealein56 said:
lets see............... 6months worth of mj or 6 to 24 months in federal prison on a felony charge. Trust me there not gonna let you take your 10 ounces to prison with you.think i would be safe and wait till ya have your own place. Come on think... and honestly answer this one question for me here and now..............Is 10 ounces of some bud worth risking your freedom.
Where im at i have nothing to worry about so there is no risk for me anymore...thats cause i was smart and patient and i waited.
marijuana is illegal in the usa everywhere. i dont care where ur at. so it doesnt matter if im growing 1 plant or 20 plants its illegal and i risk going to jail and so does everyone else that grows marijuana in the usa. we are risking our freedom by just having marijuana even if we buy it. its illegal and police dont care where you grow it in a house an apartment or in an completely abandoned area. if the police find it your going to jail!!!!!

POTUS said:
My friend, you can use 25% of that area, two 400 HPS and get more than a pound of weed.

My best advice is to wait awhile on your grow until you learn exactly how to do it correctly with the best use of space. You can learn to do so by doing no more than reading what is already available here on this site.

It'll take some time, some patience, and a LOT OF READING of what is already here.

Why rush to do it wrong when you can take a little more time and do it right?

RIGHT NOW! = WRONG NOW

In the space you have, I could grow 5 pounds in one crop.

Quit trying to rush. Read this site. Read the grow manuals. It's already here. "My friend said" and "I've heard" are unnecessary.

Did I mention that everything you need to know to do it right is already posted on this site?

All you have to do is slow down and read it.

Good luck to you man!
im not trying to rush. that is why i took the time became a member of this forum and started asking questions. i asked a question and i thought people would try to answer it not criticize me for doing it. im looking for help i didnt just go out and buy the lights. i obviously read something or i would not have any idea i had to vent the area.:)

I came up with 230 cfm for your exhaust fan.
I was figuring the area to be 3x8x8?
(8 foot ceiling?)
(L x W x(H x 1.2)
That is for one exhaust fan with intake shutters.
So you could go with (2) 115-120cfm fans-one for intake and one for exhaust.
Not sure about circulator fans but they would be somewhat smaller.
Are the lights air-cooled?

Gb

no the lights are not aircooled. and thank you for responding to my question. so u think the 2 fans and some circulator fans will be enough?

o. sorry curious cat i dont have a camera yet but im working on it.

what about ducting yoru air thru a car radiator?

you could junk one from a scrap yard(one that doesnt leak), stick it in a 10gal tub and pump your air in.

i havent no idea how a car radiator works. could you explain more? do i just go get a car radiator, throw it in a tub and stick in my exhaust line? im confused??????????

Box. One fan on one side, One fan other is good. Computer fans.
Just drill a pilot hole and jigsaw a whole the correct size to the fan diameter...... Bam,
Do some simple wiring set your lights up right, grab a 8 dollar timer and you are in business my fiend.

edit: Side note about the fans....
One is pushing, One is pulling.... Try that, Its a simple setup that works VERY well for a smaller box grow like in your apartment. Any small fans like that will do the trick nicely, They vary in sizes if you want to go bigger you can.

I was growing in an aptarment for 2 years......Dont do it. When your plants start flowering you can smell them from the hallways, and always remember stuff happens, like you neghibor upstairs can hace a bad pipe leak that could potientally have maintence workers in your house and if they smell them your done. Just my 2 cents :)

yeah i heard of people saying that it stinks up the apartments. but a lot of people also say that they grow in an apartment and you cant smell their grow room until your rite outside of the door. im looking at carbon scrubbers and different odor eliminating techniques to combat that problem. and im also trying to find a low odor strain. can anybody suggest some?
iron lotos: i cant drill holes in my closet bcuz its rented i just can drill holes in the doors of the closet bcuz i can replace them later.

you dont use it like a car radiator, you just blow air thru it and the heat transfers to the liquid its sunk in. can use it in combo with large peltier units to transfer the heat out the door(they are small enough to fit in cracks) and keep the tub outside.

tchashow said:
no the lights are not aircooled. and thank you for responding to my question. so u think the 2 fans and some circulator fans will be enough?

Yes two fans should work fine.
Each one should push between 115 and 120 cfm.
One for intake - one for exhaust.

There are 120 cfm computer fans.
They are usually 4 to 5 inches diameter.

Just a piece of advise cause my first grow was in rented house:
Set things up so you can kill the power without opening up the closet-unexpected company and things like that.

This is a dicey project man.I hope you really know your friend.
Google up "Surplus Center".
They have some comp fans.

Later.
Gb

People please read your lease agreement. A landlord may enter your apartment in case of a emergency. That does not even have to be in the lease. All lease agreements(at least everyone I have seen in the US) have stipulations on what a landlord/or his agent can and cannot do. They cannot just barge in whenever, that is in most state laws.....Do not tell the landlord/agent anything about your illegal activities, see your lease, there again most do not allow for illegal activity:rofl: I have never seen a lease that does....If you are still gonna grow in an apartment be smart...Do not place your grow room near any plumbing, heating, cooling in your apartment and/or the apartment above you to(in case theirs leaks)(then it is an emergency).....Do not drill into their closet doors go get some cheap ones and use them...Beware of the humidity and moisture in the closet use a vapor barrier if needed.... Micro or maybe a little bigger but when you start going over 400 to 600 watts, there is more noise than you think.....Smell get a big carbon scrubber...If you need to vent use the window. Make or buy a something that you are able to connect duct work to. Like maybe those 1/4 screens for windows. seal her up good try to camo it out or use a window that is hard to see from the outside...Make up some medical excuse for the window arrangement ..If you don't destroy the apartment the owner/agent will not scrutinize the place when you move out...Just remember the landlord/agent has rights but so does the inhabitant... And if there is a fire they will find your room no matter if you rent or own depending on the size of the structure. This is just my $0.02

lotek said:
what about ducting yoru air thru a car radiator?</p>

you could junk one from a scrap yard(one that doesnt leak), stick it in a 10gal tub and pump your air in.
A turbo intercooler from a truck would be a better and more feasible idea.

holy moly... 3 pages on how to vent an apartment...

what is it that is wrong with building yourself a cabinet that has ALL the goods, easy to move... check this out...

change the XX to a tt
hXXp://www.bcnorthernlights.com/indoor-hydroponic-grow-boxes

imean, these specifically are kind of expensive, but VERY useful...

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
A turbo intercooler from a truck would be a better and more feasible idea.

Very true, it has more surface area. for air conduction. My personal experience is with useing old Chevy heater cores. i had a 300w peltier chip connected to a gold bottomed phase heat pipe which at the top was cooled by a phase change unit which would connect to a well vented(a 10"x8" core could fit 6 80mm tornado fans.

My thought is that you could blow the air off your hps's cool tube, thru a cheap ebay front mount intercooler(thanks for the sudg.) which is in a tupperware tub of coolant. then all you need to do is get 2 1/2" hose barbs, stick them in opsite sides of the tub (inlet at bottom, outlet at top of coolant lvl) and a tiny 60gph pump. you could run the in/out tubes under the door and off to the side. have the return line run into one side of the heatercore, then out the other and to the pump. then from the pump back under the door to the inlet.

This would effectively transfer the heat out into your other room where you can have a big fan blow on/thru the heatercore's fins and move the heat into the room or out a window. this would be rather complex for this tho... what with the landlord etc.

p.s. all this can be ought off net as cpu water cooling gear.(hint: used/ebay=????/profit) This sparked childhood memories for me lol.

Latest posts

Back