Need Help !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1974

Reefer !
Reaction score
I just noticed today while checking on my plants that this one was looking a bit sick ! I noticed that at the very base of her stalk it looks like there is some rott ? I took a few pics, can you tell what is happening ? All of the others in the same tray are fine. ??????

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Whats that stuff you have on top of the soil?

Ps. Chris, we see what you see on your comp, if the pic looks crap to you, its going to look crap to us, stand back a bit till its in focus.

:peace:

I will take another pic, the plant is in a 6x6in rockwool cube, the stuff on top is dicoloration from algea. I pulled her out of the hydro tray so I could get some pic's cause she was in the back behind some others !

The roots were looking slimey and they werent developing like the rest of the girls around her ? As carefuly as possible I removed her from the rockwool and put her in soil outside.... I did the same thing before and it revived the plant, so I will see what happens I guess ?

I would say stem rot, and once you get it, you can't get rid of it. Just hope you can make it to harvest before it kills your plant. At least I have found nothing that kills it and get it out of the plant system.

I think you are right on the money duck :) Ive been sceptycal from day one about using these big cubes do to the fact that when you put the clones in the top of these things on a flood and drain system, you have to top water for the first week or two untill the roots grow down enough to reach water ! I noticed right off the get go that algea fomed on the top of the cubes , and then mold ! Once the plants matured a bit more and the cannopy shaded the cubes, it stopped happening but Im pretty sure it was to late and the mold infected her stalk. That is my theory anayway, so I have a new idea on how I wil do things next time arround ! Practice makes perfect ;) I appreciate your help guys, thank you ! :D

Ok, a friend of mine stopped by and the stuff i thought was mold was salt build up.... He explained to me that he thinks it caused the pant to have a nute lock ? I have never checked the PPM's thinking i would be alright fallowing the nute feeding charts.

The PH has been a steady 5.8 so I thought I was good ! I think he is right because now that I think about it, this is the first problem I have encountered, and this is also the first time i have just added water and nutes to my resi instead of cleaning it and mixing new.

A lesson learned I guess ? Thank goodness it was only 1 of them and not the hole crop !

Thanks HIE, your always a good dude to get an opinion from...:D

I dont know much about hydro but a couple of my friends did got same thing happenned before too . Looking at the pictures above i said algea toxins killing the plant . No hope there for that lady i guess. Did you use any thing to cover the rockwool cubes ? I did went and look at your current grow journal and i see green spots everywhere on top surface of the rockwool cubes in your hydro systems . With nutes and light ....algeas rapidly grow and eat away the roots . Just my thought !! Might be nute lock too ..idk . Be safe and get something dark or black to cover up the top surface of the rockwool cube to prevent algea grows .

The algea has died off and dried up due to the shade of the cannopy, and there is none even close to the roots, so im sure it is my PPM's at this point !
but none the less thank you for your opinion, It is always appreciated !

Latest posts

Back