Need opions on how to heat grow box.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonghit74

Reaction score
I have a small grow going in my crawl space. It is starting to get cold here so I am looking for a way to solve this. My veg box is maintaining close to 80 but my flower box temperature drops during dark cycle. I have a 175W MH running with remote ballast running veg box and a 250 W HPS with remote ballast running flower box. My flower box is 2X2 and is made from reflectix with white poly on the inside. I would like to figure out a way to use the heat off the ballasts without actually placing the ballast in the space. My veg chamber runs 24/7 so there is quite a bit of heat coming off it. Anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Yo,
It would be sweet if you could use a flex line, and route some of that extra warm air over to where it can be used.
Small space heaters are something that comes in a gazillion styles and designs. Perhaps a very small one would best fill your needs.

REMEMBER TO USE YOUR HEAD, AND BE CAUTIOUS !!!! :hubba:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I would think that you could run ducting from your veg box to your flowering box and use a small computer fan to draw some of that warm air off the vegging room. Or you might benefit by putting the ballast for your vegging light in your flowering room.

How cold dose it get? if your above 59F your fine. the cell deterioration becomes more rapid the hotter the temperature of the plant. and the less need for Co2 for your plant.

Get a bigger light lol. That will heat it up and provide the benefit of added light.

andy52 said:
how about venting the veg area to run thru the flower area and then out.you beat me to it HEMP

Hehehe--great minds....

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would think that you could run ducting from your veg box to your flowering box and use a small computer fan to draw some of that warm air off the vegging room. Or you might benefit by putting the ballast for your vegging light in your flowering room.

Thats a great idea. I think I am gonna try that idea! I also thought of building a chamber connecting to my flower box and put both ballasts in it. Then I could cut a couple of holes in my flower box and put a fan to blow heat from chamber to flower box. It would be like a mini furnace. Just trying to come up with something that doesnt involve putting a heater down there. Keep those ideas coming, I appreciate it very much!!

yeah and the vent goin in the crawl space is connect from outside with plenty of co2

will works.. be discreet with venting..

Latest posts

Back