needing an experienced eye.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone hands

Reaction score
how does my baby look its 4days old bout 2" tall and bout the same width. is it normal for the leaves to drowp even though they're still ridged?

DSCN0556.JPG

DSCN0557.JPG

DSCN0558.JPG

Definitly not normal, what are your lights, temps, ph level, humidity, nutes etc?

They ain't looking good or did the light just come on?...What is your set up?

the whole stem looks purple!? Am i seeing that right?

stem looks purple to me also. Possible temp issue?

hi stone hands. well my little seedlings do that. thats when i know they need to be repotted. you will find that when you transplant into a bigger pot. you will notice the little roots are already grown to the bottom of your pot. im guessing that the pot youve got them in is no taller than 4 inches! am i right ?....anyway repot them little babies asap. and within 2 days youll be amazed how much they will improve. ok hope that helps ya.

I do not think that at 4 days I would repot them. Tell us about your soil and how you are watering them.

cold, wet soil first comes to my mind.

yea i was wonderin bout the stems myself. my temp is bout 72. my soil came in my starter pots so im not sure wat exactly it is. and as far as my light goes i have 1 household 60watt cfl. this is my second attempt wat do i do to improve my success and where can i find a ph meter.

Looks like severe over watering to me.

how often and how much should i water?i read to use the 3day method but i dnt knw.

stone hands said:
how often and how much should i water?i read to use the 3day method but i dnt knw.
you dont want to water them until the soil is dry, but hey check out all the posts we made and try answering some of our questions please :hubba: :hubba:

i've answered all the questions except ph cause i cant find a meter and nutes cause i was told on ths site not to use them for atleast 2wks.

stone hands said:
i've answered all the questions except ph cause i cant find a meter and nutes cause i was told on ths site not to use them for atleast 2wks.

have you been watering on the plant? or just in the soil, the plant looks very damp in my opinion.

do you have your lights on 24/7 or 18/6 or what?

It would be good to find out what was in that starter soil you used, possibly had nutes in it that harmed the plant

i have a 14w/60watt cfl on 24/7 light. ive just watered the soil do i need to water on the plant. i have my set up in a closet for now so my temp stays bout the same as the rest of my house.

I had three Indicas that did that to me once. They turned out male and I killed them,,but the leaves took forever to stand up right. And I was not over or under watering. To this day I cant figure it out. Never seen leaves that bad unless it was over or under watered. But I swear I didnt those,, and they still did it. And yes they were in 2 gallon pots.

A single 14W is not nearly enough light (the equivalent wattage is immaterial). You also want it warmer in there while the babies are young--75 or so. No, do not water "the plant", just the dirt. Do you have drainage for these plants?

yea they have drainage cuts n the bottom. these are just some swag seeds a freind had. i want to order seeds but am nervious, broke and inexperienced ive seen some nice setups i would love to make but im financially unstable and my neighbors are ex-5.0. i think. so a bigger light and warmer temps are the key? and i only have 1 plant right nw.

70 F is good for temp, only water them when the soil is dry 1 inch under the topsoil, get a bigger light, and make sure the water is draining good, even a couple cuts sometimes wont drain well ( I have to put alot of holes in my pots )

oh yeah and is it a soft white or warm white cfl :p

Those plants look very depressed. I would put ur cfl extremely close and stop watering....for now. U got holes in the bottom of ur pot? If that doesnt work try a defibrillator......................."CLEAR"

Latest posts

Back