New and having issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You bastard lol
I did foliar spray last night with epsom. 1 tbsp per gallon of water…
Why yes i am. An old Bastard at that. 😁
Ya can't fix the damaged leaves , but the color may improve on them. The new growth will show that you are adding CalMag and have fixed the problem. Those leaves will still gather energy now that you are addressing the problem though.

It won’t turn the existing leaves green. Overnight? Nothing but green spray paint will do that.
Never said I was expecting green up overnight.
Simply stated that I sprayed epsom last night hoping maybe it was a magnesium issue. I was/am unsure what is wrong with them. Looking for opinions and advice to correct my issue and move forward

Why yes i am. An old Bastard at that. 😁
Ya can't fix the damaged leaves , but the color may improve on them. The new growth will show that you are adding CalMag and have fixed the problem. Those leaves will still gather energy now that you are addressing the problem though.
Should I regularly spray epsom moving forward? Should I add cal mag with my feedings? Should I add Epsom to my feedings? Or should I do it all?!
Like I said I foliar sprayed Epsom last night. Watering day is in a day or two..

I’ve got Lotus cal mag.
So give a dose of that in addition to a spoonful of Epsom per gallon of PH’d water? What abt a foliar of Epsom as well?? In addition to the application I gave last night
image.jpg

Are they gnats though??
Definitely larval stage…
And I thought I could mix diatomaceous earth with water and when it dries it will leave a coating on the leaves.
'Tain't moss gnats. You won't see the larvae unless you were to check the roots. That's where they live and do the damage. They're the only bugs I ever had on an indoor grow, and I hate them with a passion.

'Tain't moss gnats. You won't see the larvae unless you were to check the roots. That's where they live and do the damage. They're the only bugs I ever had on an indoor grow, and I hate them with a passion.
They were aphids. Got them handled for now. Bigger issue at hand. Deficiency.

New light. New batch of clones.
I got the aphids taken care of with some neem oil and Spinosad. Now the girls are showing me signs of not being happy. I’m assuming some sort of deficiency, but it’s so hard to tell. N, P, K, Mag, Sulphur. ?!?!
Or is it light stress from the new light. I started at 50% power and slowly bumped up to 75% over a week or two span. I started to LST them a little bit as well. Surely it’s not stress from the LST. Any help guys and gals…
Slow growth, yellowing leaves, stems and stalks are turning purple. Light distance is 16 inches please don’t tell me cal mag lolView attachment 338355View attachment 338356View attachment 338357View attachment 338358View attachment 338359

Hi I hope my suggestion can help you. I have seen this before with the same leaf indication. I solved the problem with Epsom Salts I used 1 tablespoon per 10L of water. I think it is a sulphur deficiency as epsom salts are a sulphate. It cured my problem also I continued with the epsom salts with every watering. Within 5 days all of my leaves had gone dark again and I had no more problems for the rest of the run. Good luck I hope I helped you

Hi I hope my suggestion can help you. I have seen this before with the same leaf indication. I solved the problem with Epsom Salts I used 1 tablespoon per 10L of water. I think it is a sulphur deficiency as epsom salts are a sulphate. It cured my problem also I continued with the epsom salts with every watering. Within 5 days all of my leaves had gone dark again and I had no more problems for the rest of the run. Good luck I hope I helped you
It cured your problem because you had a Magnesium deficiency. But you are correct. It does have sulfur in it.

Improves Nutrient Uptake​

Epsom salt contains magnesium, which is an essential nutrient that helps a plant perform some of its essential functions. One of these is that magnesium increases a plant’s ability to absorb other nutrients, such as nitrogen and phosphorus, without which it would struggle to thrive. Epsom salt is, therefore, not only useful at supplying the plant with magnesium, but in doing so, it is also helpful in ensuring the plant is able to take in the optimum levels of other vital nutrients from the soil.

Last edited:

The Early Stage of Sulphur Deficiency

In the early stages of deficiency of Sulphur, the newer leaves will start turning yellow while the older, lower leaves remain green. Now, don’t confuse this with a nitrogen deficiency where the yellowing begins at the bottom.

Yellow top leaves are also common with light-burn so check the distance to the light source before jumping to conclusions. Remember that Sulphur deficiencies are quite uncommon and cannabis plants only need a minimal amount to remain happy and healthy.

Last edited:
It cured your problem because you had a Magnesium deficiency. But you are correct. It does have sulfur in it.

Improves Nutrient Uptake​

Epsom salt contains magnesium, which is an essential nutrient that helps a plant perform some of its essential functions. One of these is that magnesium increases a plant’s ability to absorb other nutrients, such as nitrogen and phosphorus, without which it would struggle to thrive. Epsom salt is, therefore, not only useful at supplying the plant with magnesium, but in doing so, it is also helpful in ensuring the plant is able to take in the optimum levels of other vital nutrients from the soil.
You're a regular Ole Dr Kildare you !
just reading your stuff made me feel better

Good Morning Folks ☝️

Latest posts

Back