new born + fertilizer = Stress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dank bud

Reaction score
Im not sure ahundred percent if fertilizer did this, but im certanly thinking it loudly. this seed sprouted and was growing perfect for 2 days, but I, knowing better than to add fertilizer in the first week of growth; I ended up adding light fertilizer 2 days in a row!!!:confused:.

here are some pics from today and just two days ago when it was looking good. tell me what you think... and also i flush out the pot completely to get the ferts out.

Photo-0023.jpg

Photo-0024.jpg

Photo-0025.jpg

Photo-0026.jpg

Photo-0027.jpg

Photo-0028.jpg

What is that !.....oh ok i worked it out ! Its a pic of a stretched seedling oohh well try again after reading some very useful tips on the resources page ! Good luck ! oohh and its not a good idea to feed a seedling !..i think it may be drowned ! And ya light is to far away from it that is why it stretched ! A smaller pot will also make watering a lot easier to judge !

Yes.. First thing, they are reallllllyyyyy stretched. They grow tall and skinny like that because they aren't recieving enough light. They need to be put in a location with full sun all day long if possible. Also, you don't want to give ANY nutes at all for at least the first 3 weeks or so. They will be just fine for three weeks without nutes. Are the seeds anything special or just bagseed? If just bagseed, I would probably start new ones.

Make sure to read up on everything about growing. There is a ton of information on the Resources page. At the top of this page, click Resources.. That's a great place to brush up on all the basics of growing mj. I wish you the best of luck. Take care and be safe.

sorry, u 2... but uhhhh... yer kinda misleading...

I give nutes FROM DAY 1 OF GROUNDBREAKING...

...and I've been doing so for quite some time... and have yet to kill ANYTHING...:p

That crazy vancouver guy said:

...and I've been doing so for quite some time... and have yet to kill ANYTHING...:p

What kind of nutes and what kind of medium? I gave a seedling some nitro one time cuz it came up a little yellow, we are talkin like 1/8th strength and it smoked it. Reminded me of one of those wylie coyote cartoons where there is a little puff of smoke and everything is gone, lol....it just shriveled...

That crazy vancouver guy said:

yeah i'd like to know that as well what six said ! I applied some fish fert to a seedling around 4 months ago 1/4 strength just to see what would happen and its cotylene leaves shriveled and died and the next set of leaves were twisted and they dried up and the seedling died . So i have learnt over time not to feed them and seen noobs feeding seedlings with the same results. I also know that most soils have adequite nutrients to sustain a seedlings life for the first 4 weeks of growth ! Yet i also would not feel to happy with myself if i knew that i had directed a noob to feed a seedling and got the same result i got ..yet i would be even more so hacked off if i paid $100 for 5 femanised seeds which did'nt live for 1 week ! Peace and take care ? That CRAZY vancover guy !

..the "seed" itself, will sustain life for the first couple of weeks. No need to fertilize. Seedlings are tender and sensitive to nutrients. Over fertilization and over watering, are probably the demise of more nuB seedlings in the first two weeks, than any other mistakes.."IMO".

Reactions: Six

Latest posts

Back