New Carbon Filter Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta999

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am using a store bought carbon filter for the first time. I noticed when I unboxed it that a lot of carbon dust was residual in the box. I would hate to blow this through my cool tube without asking first- what is the conventoonal wisdom here? Do you need to blow this dust out prior to use ?

Thanks in advance,

D

can you sort of remove the dust manually?

You should be fine. The dust in the box is from the filter being bounced and dropped during shipping. It doesn't get that kind of abuse when it is in use in your grow room.

I have never found black dust in my lights or on any exhaust fan blades so I don't think any of that dust is circulating during normal use.

You should be fine. The dust in the box is from the filter being bounced and dropped during shipping. It doesn't get that kind of abuse when it is in use in your grow room.

I have never found black dust in my lights or on any exhaust fan blades so I don't think any of that dust is circulating during normal use.

Yeah ok thanks -thats what I was trying to avoid- good to know !

D

Latest posts

Back