New grow room setup plz take a look :-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you rate my setup good or bad & be honest

• Good

• Not so good

Results are only viewable after voting.
HushPuppy... Rh has nothing to do with condensation. Even in an area with 10% Rh you still will have condensation when cold meets hot. The only thing a low Rh will do is evaporate the condensation faster. Just like when you are outside working and sweating. A high Rh and the sweat will not evaporate it drips off you, a low Rh you still sweat but it gets evaporated before it is dripping off ya. Good air movement will evaporate condensation. Or maybe I am wrong and a glass of ice tea does not sweat in Arizona.

The rain is evaporating before reaching the ground, but it is still there.

Relative Humidity has a lot to do with condensation as it is a measure of moisture in the a given body of air at a given temperature. Condensation will only occur when an air mass reaches saturation at its given temperature(Dew Point), condensation will only occur when cold meets warm if the cold is at or below the dew point of either air mass. If the air mass is at saturation(100%Rh) then regardless of how much air movement you have, you will not get anymore evaporation, and if the temp of the air doesn't drop below the dew point temp you will not get condensation either.

The reason the glass of iced tea sweats is because the temp of the cold glass that is sitting in the warm air is below the dew point temp of the air. If the glass of tea sits in the air mass of Arizona long enough, it will stop sweating. That isn't because it has condensed all of the moisture out of the local air. It's because the glass has warmed to the point that its temp is above the dew point of the air mass that it is sitting in. :)

I understand what you are saying. If I had really cold air coming in through metal vent pipe or something similar and that pipe was exposed to the warm air mass within my building, then it would be likely that it would sweat because the cold air coming in would make the pipe cold. If that pipe is exposed to the warmer air that has sufficient moisture in it (and if the temperature of the pipe is lower than the dew point temperature of the warm moist air, then any moisture that comes in contact with the pipe will condense onto the pipe and run down into my building. This is exactly how a dehumidifier works. It makes a set of coils cold enough that any air passing over the coils(with enough moisture present to have a dew point above the temperature of the coils) will produce condensate on the coils.

The key here in my space is that I don't have any metal pipe extending into the warm airspace that is cold enough to cause condensation. I have wood floors with holes drilled into them where the air is sucked in from the outside. Even though the air coming in is cold, the warm air mass doesn't have enough moisture in it for the intrusion of cold air to cause any condensation. If the relative humidity was high enough in the building then the cold air that is jetting into the space would constantly shoot a streem of fog from the holes in the floor as the cooling would cause cloud to form.

The 3 pics show the holes which can be closed down to just 2 holes or opened to 5 holes when I need more air flow. The holes are each 2.5" in diameter. :)

floorhole1.JPG

floorhole2.JPG

floorhole3.JPG

Hi, cheers for that, I got ph down & a good reliable digital ph test pen, I must of slightly over done it with the ph down, I res is literally full so can't add more water, I been out and bought some ph up so now turned off my water pump until I have the ph at the correct level, what level do you suggest it should be folk ??

5.8-6.0 is ideal for hydro but almost always as the plants use water and nutrients, the PH changes over time. I like to set my PH for hydro at 6.2 and allow it to fall to about 5.0 as the plants take in nurtrients, then adjust it back up again. Others like my Bro use different nutes and their PH rises over time, so they have to start lower (around 5.5) and allow it to rise across the sweet zone until it gets above 6.0 then reset it back down.

You will need to adjust it to as close to 5.8 as possible and then watch it for a day or two to see which way it "drifts" and adjust accordingly. :)

Latest posts

Back