New grower help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunbarrar

Reaction score
So i started one of my outdoor plant about a week ago, and i just transplanted it from a small pot to a 10 gallon container which i am burying outdoors. I am broke as a joke but seemed to get enough good soil from a tomato garden to use and i also put a thin layer of rocks at the bottom for drainage. my question is that i heard that dead organic material seemed to help the growing process with putting nitrogen back in the soil or something. i had a pile of dead grass from mowing my lawn and put a layer of that above the layer of rock, and then went the soil. does this seem like a descent set-up or can anyone give me any other tips? thanks again in advance for taking the time to help me.

no input at all? very interested for a response on this matter, after all its quite the hobby =)

Buy some compost from your neigbors or neigborhood farm or local nurcery or garden center and add about 30-40% to your tomato garden soil. You can also add a bit of perlite to help drainage and lime to buffer the ph

take care

yea i mean if u want to use grass ,ushould prob decompose it first, but yea much less time consuming if u go buy a bag of mushroom compost or compost menure, .5 cubic foot will run u about 3 bux giv or take, dont add lime if you p.h is fine, it will f it up.... go get urself a p.h test kit, not the one were u stick a stick in the dirt, the one where u mix everything together(water ,dirt, n their powder they give you) iy works wonders

Thanks again for all your help. I was looking around and i think i decided to go with the Fox Farms products, and acquired a list of items with their prices. pls let me know if i am missing anything or if you prefer a different way going about this, thanks :):watchplant:

Fox Farms Grow big = 16.79 1 quart

Fox Farms Big Bloom = 12.59 1 quart

PH test kit powder – 15.89 contains 40 tests (plenty)

Fox farms organic soil =15.89 1 bag

by the way i started my plant on 5/21 so its been about 1 week. ill update with pictures later on as it gets bigger.

Hey Gb, I just joined this group, and I'll tell you what, the people here are really friendly and can help with anything you need. I'm still very new to this and very interested. I posted about miracle grow soil and got alot of helpful feedback...by the way....steer clear of miracle grow anything! I transplanted my babies into Fox Farms outside and they are doing fantastic....I swear they are growing 2 inches over night man and look so happy, (minus my dang bug problem.) I believe FF is one of the very top soils you can get for MJ from what I gather, good choice. Hope to see Pics soon:D

Latest posts

Back