New LED's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple of the side buds.

IMG_1883_800x800.JPG

IMG_1885_800x800.JPG

godspeedsuckah said:
Alright so "useless" is going to far, they do work in flashlights. My only response is, where are the bud shots northern? Don't preach the effectiveness when there are people in the field, including the mfg's, who all state that the technology is not there yet. So show me the proof. My guess is you can't show me the proof and you won't be able to because it is a load of crap. Step up to the plate and quit preaching your crap, where is it? When T5's out perform LED's, which they do, you can't prove squat so give it up. I checked out your journal, and yes your plants look nice but I have seen better production with cfl's. People are going to buy into this garbage and go out spending a lot of money on these LED's when they could have had the same results with florescent. I will admit you can grow with LED's but you have to admit you can't grow well with them. And in one of your post's you actually said that those 3 ufo's equal a 600w hps. Show me how that is. From what I understand LED's and HID units are measured completely different and those 3 ufo's in NO WAY equal a 600w hid. These pics are @ 35 days under a 400w hps.
Got a little SPUNK in you today i see :) you tell em

I'm just going to come out and say it.

After carefully weighing out the facts presented, from this thread and many others, I have come to the conclusion that LED technology is just not there yet. I feel it wont be there for a long time.

I dont even like CFL's, or T5's. Or thousand watters. I am a 600w man. HPS ONLY.

If you veg under HPS you get stronger plants. Speaking form pure exp. here.

...also , if you use superthrive more than once on any grow, you are a ROOKIE and need to re-think your tactics.

Also...inn regards to flushing, would you starve a cow before you ate it? Yuo get most of your wieght inthe final three weeks...why skimp?

If you are using products that leave residuals in the bud structure, than refer to my previous comment...re-evaluate your tactics and try to un-learn what you have learned...

...cause my friend...you are so very misled.

Good luck with that setup...and attitude.

I am really interested in LED's, not to buy them or use them today at where the presently are but I'm interested to follow their progression. I actually hope some day LED's will outperform HID, because I want to believe that as good as HID's are(which is presently all I will use) someday something better will be out there. There is nothing wrong with the pursuit of perfection, and the ufo's have already made huge leaps from gen 1 to gen 2, but I think it's counter-productive to try to advocate an unproven system. The proof is out there, wether all of us will admit it or not, LED's are not better than HID's today. Every truly successful LED setup I have seen from start to finish as had small HPS supplements to aid in flowering. Until they are truly a stand alone lighting option, what's the point if you still need a ballast and bulb, in addition to the already expensive LED.

northernlightssmokn said:
Pimp...most of the flaming came from your "my grow is bigger than your grow"one liners. man...I am not dropping anything. I am not going to get upset at one liners anymore, and simply flag them and request theyre removal. Thanks for admitting that LED's work though...lol
btw, lets face it, pot growers and smokers in one way or another need to adapt. technology is advancing rapidly. One day we will all be using LED's or some sort of new light...we will have too. I know, I know its out there....but so was the computer at one time.

well like i said, I do not doubt that they wont be the best lighting source in the future. And i dont doubt that they work now. Just from what i've seen, i'd personally PREFER the HPS. But everyone goes their own ways ya know? everyone has better luck or experiance using one method then another...

ALSO! i noticed i've been attacked on 2 threads since ive gotten back. (out of town for the night)

Im just saying that if we voice our opinions on things, hick made a point. It shouldn't be about arueging.
A simple, "Well i dont agree, this is my opinion." or "Nice feedback, i haven't had the same experiance with that"

I say things i shouldn't sometimes as well, dont get me wrong but things like

"you dont know what your talking about so be quiet" is simply elementry. thats just MY OPINION on things. I hope that we can all go about this civilly.

Good Luck Pimpdaddy. I do not think LEDs are better at this point, but to say they do not work...All I was trying to do and will continue to do is show my results. I also showed my garden under HID, so while I love new technology, had a Laptop computer when the first P75 came out and wholesale (my biz then, in 94 I think it was, maybe 95,) it was $4550 to put out as a display. I feel the same about all technology and do not worry, LED technology WILL be the light of the future, is there a decent brand flashlight today that does not have them? Give it probably another 5-7 years in the grow field. That U-Tube video of that one little LED in brightness blowing away I believe it was a 400W HPS is amazing. It is not my dad can beat up your dad, it is just different and some people, well different or change is hard for some to accept. If not for early adopters in technology, paying and painstankingly working out the bugs, there is no investment.

Edited By Smokinmom- If you have issues with any of the staff here, please take it to PMs.

CallMeAFool2 said:
Good Luck Pimpdaddy. I do not think LEDs are better at this point, but to say they do not work...All I was trying to do and will continue to do is show my results. I also showed my garden under HID, so while I love new technology, had a Laptop computer when the first P75 came out and wholesale (my biz then, in 94 I think it was, maybe 95,) it was $4550 to put out as a display. I feel the same about all technology and do not worry, LED technology WILL be the light of the future, is there a decent brand flashlight today that does not have them? Give it probably another 5-7 years in the grow field. That U-Tube video of that one little LED in brightness blowing away I believe it was a 400W HPS is amazing. It is not my dad can beat up your dad, it is just different and some people, well different or change is hard for some to accept. If not for early adopters in technology, paying and painstankingly working out the bugs, there is no investment.

Edited By Smokinmom- If you have issues with any of the staff here, please take it to PMs.

Ya , you know, if i said they dont work, which im pretty sure i did, i take it back. I didnt mean that they dont. Like i said, just grows that i've personally seen! I'd love to be proven completely and utterly wrong on the whole scenario to be honest with you!

If they had a 200 watt led that can really match a 1000 watt in all light spectrums and area covered, I would be on it like like its my girlfriend!

I mean i would save so much electricity from something like that. WE ALL WOULD! It Would be a wonderful thing, and when it does happen, that it becomes the best source of light, IT WILL BE MY NEW GIRLFRIEND!

Right now though, i do love my HPS! The current grow is looking quite nice! THATS ALL I REALLY CARE ABOUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back