New set up, now are my plants dead??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hells187ryder

Reaction score
So i created a new set up for my plants that i am budding and i must have put my hps lights too close to the top of the plants because they got fried on the top. Does this mean that my plants are garbage?? HELP ME!

101_2185.JPG

101_2186.JPG

101_2187.JPG

101_2188.JPG

101_2189.JPG

EDIT
message removed, and 24 hour suspension of priviledges involked for flagrant language violation

IF YOU HAVEN'T REVIEWED OUR SITE RULES, NOW WOULD BE AN APPROPRIATE TIME..

What wattage is the light? How far along are they in flower? Is that as high as you can get the light? These all determine the distance away from the light you want to put your plants. They are still going to get taller. I hope you have enough room in there.

They should pull through though. They really got hammered. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

That is a small area for that light. looks like a 4 or 6 not sure. Whatever it is you need an air circulation system, something.

When first placing an HID light with plants first back the light away considerably, several feet, the next day move it closer at about 6 inch intervals, eventually in about 3 days you will be where you want to be. Your plants are not used to that much light, it is much to hot and intense for them to handle all that heat and light all at once. Put a fan in and keep the light backed up. Try to keep the temps at around 75-85 degrees for full growing potential.

hey they should be ok :tokie: give them a bit of extra loving and keep the lights away :giggle::peace:

yes, make surte temps are around 70-75-80 degrees F. that the light is far enough away, and that you dont stress them out in otherways like not watering enough or to much, light leaks etc. all of these things if out of balance will cause stress increasing "heal time". its a weed bro- they will come back!

goodluck!

Nasty bit of burn there from the light,glad to tell you that I have had this happen and they should recover.:eek:

..from encarta dictionary..
weed
noun (plural weeds)
Definition:
1. unwanted plant: a plant, especially a wild plant, growing where it is not wanted

Compact Oxford English Dictionary
weed
• noun 1 a wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants.

Wiktionary..
Noun Singular
weed
Plural
weeds
1. Any plant growing in cultivated ground to the injury of the crop or desired vegetation, or to the disfigurement of the place; an unsightly, useless, or injurious plant.

Cambridge Dic..
weed (PLANT)
noun
1 [C] any wild plant which grows in an unwanted place, especially in a garden or field where it prevents the cultivated plants from growing freely

Marijuana ain't no weed... ;)

lol thought a 1000 watter was a 250 lol thats a new one but that chart uk put up seems close enough so just go by that and you should be fine also with such a strong light watch the temps try to keep it withing 70-85 and you shall be fine ;)

Latest posts

Back