new to indoor growing/cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshelkins23wv

The Smoke Champ
Reaction score
hi everyone.I have been growing outdoors for about 9 years and have never been interested in growing inside until this year.I had a small female plant outside,that was much smaller than the others, so i brung her in and am not reveg it.Shes looking great,already getting new shoots.My question here is can i clone one of the outdoor plants i have and bring the clones in and put them under 24/0 or 18/6 or something?Its a pretty great strain and i would like to keep it going. i should have brung one of them in a little earlier and reveg it ,and then cloned it. but its a little to late for that now, their budding really well and besides that their all in the ground.but if anyone can give me some advice on cloning outside plants and putting them under a light i would appreciate it..i dont even know for sure if its possible, but hoping u can tell me, thank you all very much

you sure can. lots of folks who find something special will clone it, and keep it around for a while.

it doesnt matter if their budding right?...i mean the female i brung in was budding and shes doing fine after reveg..but didnt know if the clones would live considering their flowing outside and im going to bring them in

sorry for dragging this question out, but im new to the clong as u can see...but the plants that im going to clone are about 20 minutes away from where my lights are setup....when i clone should i put them in water and wait until i get them home then dip them in root horomone...or should i go ahead and dip them and put them in dirt ..trying to fugre out the best way to do it considering they are 20 minutes away

cut them in water. then dip them twice and put them into the rockwool. ;) thats what I do. do not let air hit the ends for 20 minutes before using them. Especially if it is hot they wilt fast here...here is mine. maybe get a dome setup with the tray on bottom for easy transport they are only like 7$ set them spray with water bottle then drive home.

Wike Wedding from Tia 396.jpg

Cut the clones at the site and wrap the stems in wet paper towels. Put all the clones into a plastic bag to transport back to your place. Cut the clones long because you will be trimming them again when you get home. I would not put them into your medium until you were home. It is easy to conceal a small plastic bag somewhere. It is far tougher to conceal a rooting tray with planted clones should you be stopped for any reason. Anytime you have to transport plants of any kind you are putting yourself at risk. You can be doing everything right and someone else can cause a traffic accident or you could have mechanical problems.

Clones taken when you are into flowering are harder and take longer to root. I would advise taking at least twice as many as you think you will need.

Go to the Propagation section and read up on cloning. There are a lot of different methods. Pick the one that suits you best.

Latest posts

Back