New to Indoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six_seven_one

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to indoor and I'm curious to hear what you advance growers think of my young plants.
They're about 3 1/2 weeks old and they've been under 2 27w cfls on a 18/6 schedule but I just added another 2.
I havent given them any nuts yet but I plan to soon.
Oh yah and as far as the strain goes, I have no idea... But the bud I got it from where good..lol

For the 3 plants I got would a 200w CFL be good thru both the vegging and flowering stage??
Thanx

htt 006.jpg

htt 010.jpg

htt 011.jpg

With three plants at this size you can do all right for a while with 54W of CFL. Good to see you have the lights nice and close. But when they get bigger this won't be enough; instead of getting more CFLs you would be better to buy a 150W HPS (discharge lamp) you can get them pretty cheaply and certainly for less than the same lumens would cost you in CFLs.

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place.

Your plants look good. But like leafminer stated, you may want to get an hps for flower.

3000 to 5000 lumens psf of grow space. The more the better. The less Lumens,, the smaller the yeild,, and if yer not careful,,lots of unwanted strecth in a small grow area.;) OH,,and keep lots of air moving in your Growroom. Makes for healthy stalks and less chance of mold.

Thanx guys for the info and advice.
I was just out today looking for some HIDs but only found a 250w, 400w, and a 100w HPS.
I'm thinking the 100 is alittle to small and the 250 alittle to big.
What do you guys think??

Thanx

well for only having 2 cfls on them those look great IMO but u will want more lighting like the other said if u cant afford the hps/hid like some of us u will need some more cfl preferably with 2700k spectrum when u flower with them:)

also how big is your grow space?

^^^Well the place theyre in right now is about 2x2x4 but I got a 4x4 room I can play with once I get the hang of this..lol

Oh and thanx for the info

six_seven_one said:
Thanx guys for the info and advice.
I was just out today looking for some HIDs but only found a 250w, 400w, and a 100w HPS.
I'm thinking the 100 is alittle to small and the 250 alittle to big.
What do you guys think??

Thanx

No, the 250 is not really too large. But if you are going to a 4 x 4 room, you are going to want a 600W...

Good decision. I started with a single 150 and then ... the plants grew ... I added another 150. But a single 250 probably puts out more lumens than my two 150's. I think you'll do super well with a 250.

well if ur keeping them where there at now the 250 will be fine but like THG said a 600 is what u will want for the 4x4 or may be a 400 and some cfls on the side will work but if i had that big of space i would listen to THG on the 600;)

^^Thanx Guys, I'll be getting the 250 soon and move them into the 4x4 room.
Then I'll ropbably use the 2x2 room to start more little ones..

Laterz

Ok guys I just got some 20-20-20 miracle grow and was wondering how often do I feed??
The box says to do it once a week but that sounds kinda weak.

Thaxnx

lol. no its not weak by any means and would probably work but i wouldnt use it. you have already spent some money so go and spend 40 dollars on some grade a nutes from fox farm. IMO after lights, fertz are your most important thing in your grow. I have seen first hand the results of using miracle grow on one and fox farm on the other. Huge differences. HUge.

But, if your going with the stuff you have now, well then use it at half the box's suggested strength the first time, next time just feed with water. then the next time feed and water at a higher strenght than before. Continue this cycle till you can feed every time you water at full strength. The key to feeding is really to get the plant use to the fertz without burning them or over feeding. be patient and careful not to over feed. Just dont rush the little ones and youll be ok

Thanx Man. So the trick is to work with the plants and not just throw everything at it at once..

Laterz

^^ Ok guys I will be going a different route with these plants.
Instead of flowering them with the 250 hps, I'll flower them with some CFLS this time and start fresh with a 400w HPS/MH on the next batch.

Question though, my friend just gave me 4 42w 2700k with 2800L.
Should I just add these to the cfls I currently have or should I remove the 5500k bulbs and use strictly 2700k ones?
I'm thinking the more the merrier but not sure if the blue from the 5500k will affect them in a bad way.

Question though, my friend just gave me 4 42w 2700k with 2800L.
Should I just add these to the cfls I currently have or should I remove the 5500k bulbs and use strictly 2700k ones?
I'm thinking the more the merrier but not sure if the blue from the 5500k will affect them in a bad way.
You can never have enough lumens. Especially if you are going to forego the HPS, I say go for it. But at the end of the day, your best bet is to rock that HPS. My closet is 4'x3'x5' (I don't use the whole closet). I run 2 250 hps. It would seem this may be a good idea for you also. A 400 is good but if you have the width of a 4'x 4' you are going to want coverage also and one light can have problems doing that. Not to mention the smaller the light, the closer you can put it to the plant.
The plants look great.
And a middle ground nute would be the GH series.
General Hydroponics.
I use it for hydro but you can easily make a gallon mix and water with it.
Used it for almost 10 years. It may not be FoxFarm or Advanced Nutes, and oh it's not. But it definately provides the bang for the buck.
IMO, break for that HPS now, at least one and use CFL as additive. You are going to want that lumen output. The ladies will love you for it and when they show you love, you'll be loving them oh so much in return.

But, if your going with the stuff you have now, well then use it at half the box's suggested strength the first time, next time just feed with water. then the next time feed and water at a higher strenght than before. Continue this cycle till you can feed every time you water at full strength. The key to feeding is really to get the plant use to the fertz without burning them or over feeding. be patient and careful not to over feed. Just dont rush the little ones and youll be ok
Start with low strength and slowly raise it... dead on.
If it starts to look like theres a problem after a feeding though, you may have over fertilized. All you do is flush it. Easiest way for me back in the day was to take the whole plant, put it in the shower, and water it until I ran alot of water out of it, washing out as much of the nutrient solution as I could. Then give it a week and go back to fertilizing, just go back a step and weaken it abit.

^^Thanx man.. The only reason I'm not going to flower these with the HPS is the room its in now is only like 3 1/2 ft high.
So they wont be able to fit cuz the plants are about a foot tall now.
The 4x4 room I have will be able to hold the HPS but I plan to clean it out and paint the walls whenever I get the chance to(Working 7 days aweek sucks..lol)

So for now I plan to just flower these with some CFLs.
Now the thing I need to know is if its OK to keep the 5500k bulbs in there with the 2700k.
Not sure if its a bad idea to mix the light colors

Thanx...And believe me, I'm getting some HPS lighting for the next batch

As long as one of them is the warmer spectrum that is needed for bloom then you'll be good....
The cooler spectrum isn't to helpful during bloom but it certainly won't "hurt" them, no.
I'd say let all of those lights go...

Latest posts

Back