New to Indoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DirtySouthernAfficionado said:
As long as one of them is the warmer spectrum that is needed for bloom then you'll be good....
The cooler spectrum isn't to helpful during bloom but it certainly won't "hurt" them, no.
I'd say let all of those lights go...

Thanx Alot :cool:

Six Seven One, I'd be careful with the fertilizer. Like the others said, gradually increase the amount of fertilizer over time. However, I wouldn't feed them every watering, unless I was absolutely sure that the plants could handle it. Even if they can handle feeding every watering, they more than likely will never require that much for healthy growth. Pay attention to your plants for signs of nutrient burn. If you see nutrient burn, then back off the fertilizer a bit. Your plants will tell you what they need.

Proper pH is very important. Get a digital pH meter for measuring the pH of the watering solution. There might be one exception to this, and I have no idea why, or if I'm right, for that matter. I've noticed that in two instances (In one case it was my own personal grow, and in the second situation it was a friend's grow.) where the grows were done with fluorescent lights only, and pH didn't seem to matter. Other than that, pH is very important.

^^ Yah Ive been watching out for burns and they seem to love the nutes.
Now this is only using MG, I can only imagine how great they do when I change to some better products.

Unfortunately I dont have a ph tester yet but I have been using bottled water so I hope thats fine for the mean time.

Thanx Alot

CowboyBudsky said:
My Girls are Flowering under Floras. Not as good as HIDs,,but its my Smoke,,,:hubba: and its very potent.

Very nice girls you got there.. How many watts you used for for that?

Thanx

six_seven_one said:
Very nice girls you got there.. How many watts you used for for that?

Thanx

Its a 4ft 6tube T5 each tube is 54 watts @ 5000 lums. I use 4 tubes @ 3000K and,, 2 tubes @6500K
I used some CFL's for awhile,,but now I just use the T5.:D

If i get a MH or a HPS light does that mean I would have to buy a ballast too??

That is some excellent flouro work there Cowboy. Made me turn my head and do a double take.
If i get a MH or a HPS light does that mean I would have to buy a ballast too??
They do require a ballast, but this will come with it. Some of the smaller, such as my 250w have a built in ballast. Bigger lights have seperat ballasts that you will need a clear spt for, they do get rather hot.

That is some excellent flouro work there Cowboy. Made me turn my head and do a double take.

You sir just made my,,ah night. Thank You. I owe it to this Forum and thier help. If I try and list them all,,,well I cant cause Im high from smoking my Flora Weed.:D Not kidden this Sativa is very strong and kicks my ***.:hubba: Aint it great not to have to buy the street crap?

Alright, I'm really worried I messed up my girls.
They are about 5 1/2 weeks old and alittle over a foot tall.
I was worried about height so I thought I could just switch to flowering(12/12).
I just read that I was suppose to wait till preflowers came out since they were grown from seed and not a clone.
Its been on this schedule for about three days... What should I do??

I hope I didnt mess this up..Thanx

I was worried about height so I thought I could just switch to flowering(12/12).
I just read that I was suppose to wait till preflowers came out since they were grown from seed and not a clone.

Whoa, calm down. Leave everything as it is. You are all good. Preflowering, though a sign that they are ready for the swtich, it is not required to start flowering. The reason you preflower with seeds and not clones is because with clones you know you have females. Therefore I don't need to preflower to find out if they are female or male. In your case, you just got them going, and they will sex whilst beginning the flower cycle. You just have to keep an eye open and watch for those seed pods if any. I don't know if that was bag seed or feminized or what. Either way, you're good to go. Watch for nuts, pull at first sign, and watch the buds roll in.

six_seven_one said:

I dont know where you read that ,,but:eek: . You put them into flower when you are ready to put them into Flower. I usally put them in at about 12-15".
Thats where yer gonna see the flowers Bro,,in 12/12:rolleyes:

LOL..Thanx guys... I was really worried

I read that on High Times mag from either last months or a month B4.
It was asked under the Jorge's RX and he replied saying that inducing flower stg B4 preflower come out will stress the plant or cause odd growth..???

Thanx

six_seven_one said:
LOL..Thanx guys... I was really worried

I read that on High Times mag from either last months or a month B4.
It was asked under the Jorge's RX and he replied saying that inducing flower stg B4 preflower come out will stress the plant or cause odd growth..???

Thanx

Never heard it. As for that guy,,I dont know to much about him..Personally think he is over rated. There are better Growers on this Forum.;)

^^^Thanx man... After looking at your plants, I'd say your a good grower..lol
They look tasty and very stoney

Laterz

And that is what my SCROG is cowboy. Just bagseed from street shat. Just wanted something that didn't cost me to test my hydro skills and try SCROG before I dedicated come real beans to it.

Hey guys instead of starting a new thread I will just keep updating this thread.
Out of the 3 plants, 1 was a male and 2 were female and decided to experiment by putting one outdoors and leaving one inside.

They are both about 3 weeks into flowering now and the outside one is smaller in size but seem to be budding and not only flowering like the one inside.
The one inside seems to be throwing hairs and not budding. Another thing I noticed is that the hairs are much longer on the inside one.

Any ideas??:hubba:

100_1277.JPG

looks great man. gotta love tha "stretch" i just finished that part.looking pretty good for just 4 cfl's?

bluealein56 said:
looks great man. gotta love tha "stretch" i just finished that part.looking pretty good for just 4 cfl's?

Thanks man... I wasnt expecting it to stretch so fast but its cool..
BTW I actually have a total of 7 bulbs in there.. I know I wont get alot out of her but its cool, My next grow will be bigger..:hubba:

Latest posts

Back