Night Shadow???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeybtoken

Reaction score
Before I start off I have to give a BIG HUGE THANKS To all of the members here at MP that have helped me especially over the past month or so. I could have never done what I have done with out their help. Out of respect for them I will not mention their names. They no who they are and I figure if they want to be known they will.
Next... BIG HUGE THANKS to all of those that make this site possible, I would not even attempt doing what I'm doing with out the help of this site. It has been a plant saver more times than I care to imagine to have the help, support and information resouces of this site. I love this place and you people are awesome!!!
My Story.... is simply that I made a choice to learn to use THC as a primary source of medication vrs traditional methods that almost took my life. I honestly feel in my heart that my choice to so will add years to my life. Given the cost of medicating myself, I knew that I would have to learn how to grow and use my own medication, thus bringing me here. Since the quality of what life I have left, along with my over all health are at stake, I have taken the art of growing and using weed very seriously and shall continue to do so.

Enough Mumbo Jumbo On To The Fricken Journal Already!!!
My Grow Room. I started off using Subsools design and his grow room design as a model, with the idea that I would just make a miniture version of his grow room.
I had my room built as a storage room and have since been updating it myself. I'm darn lucky that I didn't burn the darn thing down on my first grow but I had no idea what the heck I really needed for power even after all of the books and research. Too much info...too many bongloads.
With the help of a couple of members here I was able to install a New Sub Panel and it is now not only safe but it is up to code. (Thanks Boys) Now I have plenty of extra power and no more extension cords. I am still in the process of installing another 6" elicent fan for the scrubber and an 80 gal rain barrel for a timed watering system.
My plan was to wait until everything was done to start my next grow but that plan went out the window when my buddy said "hey does your friend still want some clones from that killer purple that I had" I had tried for months to get these clones but was unable to obtain them until about six weeks ago. What an adventure that was! That's a whole other Journal. All I can say now is that I can't believe what I went through to get these clones. Then about a week ago I noticed a special little extra that came with them SPIDER MITES!!! Again another Journal!!!
So this is where I'm at, my flip date is Sun. the 14th and I will just start this Grow Journal off there.
This is my second grow ever and I'm dealing with three strains from a very parinoid small time breader from the Emerald Triangle. If I end up missing you know where to look. LOL!!! So here we go!
NIGHT SHADOW.....The Star of the show?
Perma Frost.....Suposed All Star?
Sour Deisel......Supporting All Star?

For all I really know I could have been burned and could be growing mexi? We will all know in about 8-11 weeks. I have never heard of the first two of these strains but then again I could care less what they are called. What I do know so far the NS is short, very bushy and has a viney sativa look to it?
So where's the pics........give me a few to finnish up some things and I will start posting some pics here in a few days.

Peace MBT

So here we go, first pic is the Night Shadow. All of these plants are six week old clones. Short supper bushy, very viney and half the height of the Perma Frost.
Second pic is the Perma Frost, it's shorter than the Sour Diesel but not by much.
Third pic is the whole bunch.
All of these pics are about 48hrs after being treating with Floramite. I have been dealing with a major spider mite infestation with help from MP members over in the Sick Plant section of this site. Thanks Guys!!! So far no more critters moving around. Some plants show signs of wear and tear from the critter and the treatment but over all I'm glade that the boys and girls here at MP talked me into saving them.
Pic four is me moving them under HPS the two to the back right are Sour Diesel and the other three are Perma Frost.
Pic five is really the star of this show....my new Sub Panel and power station. I did this with much needed help from MP members/electricians. Again Thanks To These Guys I was able to do this on my own. BigTime Thanks to these Guys for all of the help support and insrtuctions!!!!
They had there first darkness yesterday. I pulled about a dozen clones off of the NS. I will just have to wait and see how they do.
I have a new 4'x3'x6' mother/clone/starter box with a 4' eight tub T-5. I still need to add some ventilation to it. And I still have some ventilation work to do in my Main Room but after that I will can concentrate on just learning how to grow. It's taken me about a 18 months to get here, since I started the room. And I had to save up for at least that long before I started. So this is almost a three year project.
I'm still slow as dirt to get things done but it's finnally starting to shape up.
I still have much to learn but I'm trying hard.....LOL.
I'll try to get better at the pics once I have everything else done. Any suggestion are alwys welcome.
Thanks for the peek!!!

Peace MBT

grow journal #2 001.jpg

grow journal #2 002.jpg

grow journal #2 003.jpg

grow journal #2 004.jpg

grow journal #2 005.jpg

Wow Token! We should all strive to keep our grow rooms that clean........now where's my bleach?

Hey chef
Thanks Man! It was not by choice....LOL. The day after I got done with my sub panel I started noticing some little webs on a couple of plants....SPIDER MITES....&^%^*(&*&()*()*())(*()&$#$$#%^*(&()_ Little bastards!!!
Since then I have taken cleanlyness to a whole different level. I even ordered some full body tyveck chemical suites so that I hopefully won't have to deal with any more infestations.

Hi nouvellechef
LOL!!!!!

Hey 7g what up???

Pic 1,2, I just finnished putting my new fan into a box. Man in this wooden box it is so much quiter. I would say at least 60 to 70%. Nice!!!
This darn thing sounded like jet plane motor w/o the new box. I think I got the idea from the grow room set up and design section of this site.

Pic 3, My new mother/clone/starter/quarantine box, still needs some work but it's working.

Pic 4, My veggies!!! These babies are almost ready to go in the ground!!!

Pic 5, My clones??? I will update these due to the fact that I'm still having issues at about 10-14 days. They do fine until right before I'm ready to replant them. I will try to keep up on a detailed side journal on what I'm doing here so that you pros can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I know that it's got to be something simple???

Thanks for the look see!!!
Like I said before, once I get all of this little stuff squared away I will work on taking some better pics.

Got To Go!!!

Peace MBT

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Hello MP!!!
Thanks For The Look See!!!
I would like to start off with My Feeding Schedule in order to get some feedback from the crew here.
To be totally honest I really don't have much of a clue as to what I'm really doing.....yet??? I'm a prime example that money can't buy experience. LOL!!! I try hard and I have spent a lot of time, energy and money trying to learn as much as I can.
I have been trying treally hard to learn to understand NUTRIENTS for over a couple of years now. It has been very difficult to wade threw what's real, what's hype and where a new grower should put his money.
(Note to self, NEVER go to the Grow Shop Stoned)
My first plan has been to use KISS method for the first couple of years to gain more experience. Along with several books, I have also been reading jmansweed Nute Study since I found it back in Dec. Man that guy is amazing and I'm inspired every time I read his study!!!
I have come really close to spending $1000's on Avanced Nutrients or to order the full line of Earth Juice products. But I have decieded to use up what I already have first. Mostly because it's fairly easy.

SOIL
I started out with Subcools Soil Mix and now have two plants in a 50% SS Mix. Two more in a 25% mix and then yet another two in straight Roots.
Thus giving me three different degrees to experiment with. Yikes LOL!
I should also note that my SS mix is per Subs instruction to the tee, with the only exception being percentage of mix.

NUTES
For this grow I've been using FOX FARMS/DOWN TO EARTH, and one product from ADVANCED NUTRIENTS (Bud Candy)
I do have some other products but for my plants safety I pretend that I don't have them, LOL.
I switched to using jmansweed's Fox Farm feeding schedule instead of the FF schedule. Basically I just give half as much to the 50% SS plants, etc

week1veg-------------------------------15ml
week2veg-------------------------------20ml
week3veg-------5ml---------------------20ml
week4veg-------7.5ml-------------------20ml--------1/4tsp
week5flwr-------5ml---------5ml---------------------1/4tsp
week6flwr-------5ml---------7.5ml-------20ml--------1/4tsp
week7flwr-------5ml---------7.5ml-------20ml-----------------------1/4tsp
week8flwr-------5ml---------10ml--------30ml-----------------------1/4tsp
week9flwr-------2.5ml--------10ml--------30ml----------------------------------1/4tsp
week10flwr------2.5ml(opt)---10ml-------20ml----------------------------------1/4tsp
week11flwr-------------------10ml-------20ml----------------------------------1/4tsp
week12flwr-------------------10ml-------20ml----------------------------------1/4tsp
week13--------------FLUSH

(coppied from jmansweed's Nute Study)

I extended wk 4 twice due to a six wk veg cycle (per his instructions) and I just fed at the 5th week of this schedule.
The only thing that I have added for the first time is the Bud Candy @ 2ml per gal. per the instructions from Advanced Nutrients. This could be a mistake but as far as I can tell this stuff has a very simular effect as molasses. I do no for a fact that it works very well for flavor and overall tast.

WATER
I water twice a week feeding on Fridays, my plan is to add the Bud Candy ever other week durring the first half of Flower. Then once per week for the second half.

Opps I almost forgot........Thanks nouvelle, Fa$TCa$H!!!

All Thoughts, Idea's or Suggestions are more than welcome!!!

Thanks for looking!!!

Peace MBT

Hey brother love the new fan! That schedule is fine but what if ya gotta flush? Doesn't that throw things off?....or am i just stoned?

Looking good MBT,

I'll take a seat for this one - nice, professional set-up and the plants look great!

peace...............Jman

Latest posts

Back