Night time temp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkkent

Reaction score
I'm starting another grow. My other one went well but I'm looking for bigger buds. Also, a side note, the stuff I grew I think I harvested too early for my liking. It's really psychadelic. At any rate...

What is the minimum temp that is healthy for the plants? My grow box is in garage and with the lights on it's plenty warm, but at night I think it's getting into the 60s and with winter coming it will likely get a bit lower. I'd really rather not put a heater out there unattended but if I have to....

i believe anything over a 10d drop at night could have negative results.im not positive,but im sure someone will confirm or deny shortly.

I can't be for sure..

The main thing you should concern yourself about is FREEZING TEMPs
or close to it. Other than that.. you are ok..

I read some where that for optimal growth their should only be a 15 Degree
swing from high and low temps..

IMO anyhting less than 55 is too cold for them my set-ups are in a garage too and like you i was worried about temps at night and in the winter but i watched my thermometer for a few days (checked it 2 times a night for 2 weeks) i found that it really stays about 5 degrees cooler in there than in the house at any time of day.

growth of any MJ plant stops at 48 degrees F. as far as drastic temp changes IMHO as long as the temps are above 48 it doesn't really matter a hole lot, u'll notice as the temps steadily go down ur growth rate will increase dramatically. its natural for plants outside to deal with temp changes exceeding 15 degrees either way. during the middle of summer here it'll be an easy 80 -90 during the day and over 90 at 2 pm but at night when the sun goes down ur talking temps between 55-75 ruffly. and i haven't had a single problem with that at all in my years. but i gotta go along with Puff, i remember reading something about optimal temps for growing not ranging any more than 10-15 degrees but then again if ur growing indoors and the setup is right ur temps should only vary up to 15 degrees at max. if they exceed that u're vents aren't sealed good enough or they're workign to well.

look around here u should be able to find more info about it in actual grows then under questions.

Latest posts

Back